5,491 posts in this topic

We made an infopass appointment for today and it turns out we can keep the green card! There are a bunch of extra hoops to jump through but they'll be worth it. We didn't think a travel document would really apply to us but apparently it does so long as we're back next summer to remove conditions.

Yeah, I'll be doing a masters in the UK. It's not exactly a masters in social work, but it's a masters in social program evaluation through the social work and social policy department at Oxford. Very exciting!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We made an infopass appointment for today and it turns out we can keep the green card! There are a bunch of extra hoops to jump through but they'll be worth it. We didn't think a travel document would really apply to us but apparently it does so long as we're back next summer to remove conditions.

Yeah, I'll be doing a masters in the UK. It's not exactly a masters in social work, but it's a masters in social program evaluation through the social work and social policy department at Oxford. Very exciting!

Congratulations! It's cool that you can keep the green card just in case...

NOA 2. Really?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any news on the job Shannon?

Well, I got it! then... turned it down. lol

I went into work to quit and they wouldn't let me - gave me all the changes they'd make for me based on the reasons I gave them for leaving and told me to think about it... so I took them up on it and stayed. So far it's a good decision :)

How is everyone on here?!?!?!? :)

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, I got it! then... turned it down. lol

I went into work to quit and they wouldn't let me - gave me all the changes they'd make for me based on the reasons I gave them for leaving and told me to think about it... so I took them up on it and stayed. So far it's a good decision :)

How is everyone on here?!?!?!? :)

Doing pretty good. I just finished my first public health course with what I am hoping is an A or A-. My wife is starting a phlebotomy course this weekend. Other than that, just normal stuff. We need to find a new apartment by the end of June.

It's funny how much more work cares about you when you put in your 2 week notice. My place works the same way. I hope things work out for you guys. :)

I haven't seen anything from any other July 08 Filers.

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Doing pretty good. I just finished my first public health course with what I am hoping is an A or A-. My wife is starting a phlebotomy course this weekend. Other than that, just normal stuff. We need to find a new apartment by the end of June.

It's funny how much more work cares about you when you put in your 2 week notice. My place works the same way. I hope things work out for you guys. :)

I haven't seen anything from any other July 08 Filers.

Well, I don't hang around VJ much anymore. The new site... well, I hate it. Everything is jumbo sized.

Anyway, I don't remember if I mentioned or not, but I quit that job I got after 3 days (and the other designer did too, who'd started the week prior). It was a nightmare place.

Hubby is still working happily over at Valve. Still not an employee (he is a contractor for now), but no idea when that might happen. Will be nice if they get around to it, seeing as right now there is no tax withheld (making budgeting... uhm impossible), no medical/dental/anything except his nice pay per hour. We have super shitty individual insurance, because anything else costs too much.

Since I quit I've been looking again, of course. In the meantime, I've been doing odd jobs, so it hasn't been too bad. Monday I start a 2 week (possibly longer) contract with Costco. Hoping I land something stable soon, even if part time, because the contract thing isn't really my cup of tea.

Also, I didn't get in to UW or RISD (I applied for graduate school, remember?), but got accepted to UH. They wanted me lots; offered me scholarships up the wazoo, but I'd applied in December before Andy got his job. As you guys probably understand, living apart from him at this point is no option after our visa journey, and him quitting his job would be down right stupid (come on, how often do you get a GERMAN support job where you get to play test games, free food, flexible hours, and get paid almost twice the market rate?). So... looks like I have to pass up a great opportunity. At least it was a nice ego boost. :P

Did anyone do something special for your 1 year anniversary? Ours is still 2 months away, but it's pretty exciting. I couldn't ask for a better marriage, I'm so happy!

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

Did anyone do something special for your 1 year anniversary? Ours is still 2 months away, but it's pretty exciting. I couldn't ask for a better marriage, I'm so happy!

Ours is less than a month away but money will keep us close to home. I'd like to go back to Brazil but that will be a while. Being married is pretty cool. :thumbs:

Good to hear you guys are fine.

NOA 2. Really?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1 year! :dance:

Congrats!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• 1 month later...

Keeping our board alive!!! LOL

Everyone still doing well?!!

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Soory i have been absent for a while i guess life is filling me up. I hope all is well. i will try not to be a stranger. May God bless you all and Goodnight.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Timeline

Still good here; I was wondering about you guys the other day after watching a Florida's greatest beaches program on TV. My wife is volunteering at a free healthcare clinic and I'm still working and trying to finish a grad degree. Nothing much new although we did move to a better apartment in June.

NOA 2. Really?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doing well. Just can't recognize the place ... :yes:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.