5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, Andreas started his journey back to Germany today. I'm trying not to fall completely apart. If there was any possible way around spending this time apart, I would do it. I cried so much today that my contacts were all foggy the last hour of my 2 hour drive home. I can't describe how hard it is to people around me what it's like to find the person that completes you, spend 3 months making a home together, and have to say goodbye for an unknown length of time. The thing that keeps me going is knowing that he needs me as much as I need him. But it's cold comfort right now when I'm crying and he can't be here to wipe away my tears.

My heart is aching and it's a good thing nobody from USCIS is in my vicinity right now or I'd punch them for doing this to us. It makes me sick that we filed 2 1/2 months ago and our wait is less than half over.

I'm happy for the June vermont filers, and I'm so pissed that Vermont is running 2 months ahead of CSC. This system is the biggest load of bullshit and red tape.

I along with most everyone here really feel your pain! It's unfortunate that as a country, we cant get our ####### together and make it a little more fair for all and prioritize the applications.

I certainly believe that if a US citizen files for a spouse or fiancee visa, it should take precedence over the illegals and the refugees, but thats just my vote! After all we are the tax payers...

Hang in there, we are in the same boat and this long distance relationship is killing us too. We just need to have faith an preoccupy our minds with day to day tasks. We will get there! :thumbs:

ummm... ya... our relationships with our wonderful partners from areas that are not war torn and full of civil strife should take precedence over those who have help our soldiers in the fight for freedom overseas.

I will glady give another month or two of my time to give a family a chance at the freedom we have. I think as Americans, we sometimes forget how good we have it.

In the grand scheme of life, we are all waiting a few months to be with the ones we love. Were not talking YEARS- were talking MONTHS. There is a system in place for a reason, and as slow and f'd up as it may seem at times it serves a purpose. As much as waiting hurts, there is an end in sight. Everyone here seems to want to dwell on the negative instead of the positive. Thats why I quit reading and posting. Checked again tonight and its the same old song and dance. I have a suggestion... instead of crying in our cheerios, why dont we celebrate the positive? Why dont we talk about the future and the GREAT AWESOME times that are ahead for all of us shortly? Just a thought....

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I will glady give another month or two of my time to give a family a chance at the freedom we have. I think as Americans, we sometimes forget how good we have it.

You need to read the posts again; people do complain but alot of people have good things to say too. For example, I have said in my last 2 posts that think of the great early Christmas presents we'll be getting and that depending on how you look at, we only have a month and a half left.

You gotta cut people a break when their SO just flew out today. And seriously, waiting 9 months for about 2 hours max of paperwork is a joke no matter how you look at it. I got my tourist visa for Brazil in 2.5 weeks, for someone in Brazil to get a tourist visa to come here takes minimum 2.5 months. We're slower than a 2nd or 3rd world country.

If you wanna help everyone out, withdraw your petition since you're so concerned about giving someone else a chance at freedom and help us all move up. You can just refile in October, it's only 2 or 3 months difference. Nothing to a patriot/cheerleader like you.

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

You need to read the posts again; people do complain but alot of people have good things to say too. For example, I have said in my last 2 posts that think of the great early Christmas presents we'll be getting and that depending on how you look at, we only have a month and a half left.

You gotta cut people a break when their SO just flew out today. And seriously, waiting 9 months for about 2 hours max of paperwork is a joke no matter how you look at it. I got my tourist visa for Brazil in 2.5 weeks, for someone in Brazil to get a tourist visa to come here takes minimum 2.5 months. We're slower than a 2nd or 3rd world country.

If you wanna help everyone out, withdraw your petition since you're so concerned about giving someone else a chance at freedom and help us all move up. You can just refile in October, it's only 2 or 3 months difference. Nothing to a patriot/cheerleader like you.

2 hours and 1.2 million petitions coming through... seriously. VJ is a drop in the bucket of what gets filed at the CSC or the VSC. And you stated it very eloquently "people do complain alot".

As far as Aubrey is concerned- I feel for her- tremendously. I have been there myself- but when people start pulling out the "im a tax payer card"- Im sorry, but that isnt an argument.

BTW... a tourist visa isnt even in the same catagory as allowing someone to live and work in our country, so Yes, I would hope that it could be approved faster. I would also venture to guess that we have MORE citizens asking for visas to visit Brazil than Brazilians have asking to visit the US. In which case- we trump them on the time line.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, Andreas started his journey back to Germany today. I'm trying not to fall completely apart. If there was any possible way around spending this time apart, I would do it. I cried so much today that my contacts were all foggy the last hour of my 2 hour drive home. I can't describe how hard it is to people around me what it's like to find the person that completes you, spend 3 months making a home together, and have to say goodbye for an unknown length of time. The thing that keeps me going is knowing that he needs me as much as I need him. But it's cold comfort right now when I'm crying and he can't be here to wipe away my tears.

My heart is aching and it's a good thing nobody from USCIS is in my vicinity right now or I'd punch them for doing this to us. It makes me sick that we filed 2 1/2 months ago and our wait is less than half over.

I'm happy for the June vermont filers, and I'm so pissed that Vermont is running 2 months ahead of CSC. This system is the biggest load of bullshit and red tape.

I along with most everyone here really feel your pain! It's unfortunate that as a country, we cant get our ####### together and make it a little more fair for all and prioritize the applications.

I certainly believe that if a US citizen files for a spouse or fiancee visa, it should take precedence over the illegals and the refugees, but thats just my vote! After all we are the tax payers...

Hang in there, we are in the same boat and this long distance relationship is killing us too. We just need to have faith an preoccupy our minds with day to day tasks. We will get there! :thumbs:

ummm... ya... our relationships with our wonderful partners from areas that are not war torn and full of civil strife should take precedence over those who have help our soldiers in the fight for freedom overseas.

In the grand scheme of life, we are all waiting a few months to be with the ones we love. Were not talking YEARS- were talking MONTHS. There is a system in place for a reason, and as slow and f'd up as it may seem at times it serves a purpose. As much as waiting hurts, there is an end in sight. Everyone here seems to want to dwell on the negative instead of the positive. Thats why I quit reading and posting. Checked again tonight and its the same old song and dance. I have a suggestion... instead of crying in our cheerios, why dont we celebrate the positive? Why dont we talk about the future and the GREAT AWESOME times that are ahead for all of us shortly? Just a thought....

Well I will respect YOUR opinion... As for me, I am one of those who fight for OUR freedom as I have over 22 years and counting in the military so spare me how I dont realize how well WE have it... I DO and probably more so than you!!! Again, I'll respect your opinion, but dont agree with you.

Edited by EWRI6884
7522.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well I will respect YOUR opinion... As for me, I am one of those who fight for OUR freedom as I have over 22 years and counting in the military so spare me how I dont realize how well WE have it... I DO and probably more so than you!!! Again, I respect your opinion.

AND i understand where YOU are coming from although you did not get what people where stating and got huffy. As someone said before REREAD the post before you blow up.

SO you can SPARE ME How I OR anyone on here does not realize how someone FIGHTS for OUR freedom. Being AMerican I know this and so do others.

No need to get huffy or RUDE in the post. We are all here for the same reason and THAT IS TO GET OUR LOVED ONES BACK HOME WHERE THEY BELONG. IT is NOT a political post its a VISA SUPPORT post

PS NO ONE was crying in therir cheerios (rude if ya ask me) We are all hurting and missing our loved ones. The best way to support each other is be there WHEN the other is fustrated OR feeling bad about things...YEs it is GREAT to try and stay positive BUT sometimes it is VERY rough and tough to do..I know I been apart from my sweetie 1 year 5 months..I cry a lot I work hard he does to ..so he can COME home...SO YA lets stay positive for EACH OTHER and when the other is down be there FOR them instead of getting crabby

Back to the K1 visa support:)

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Well I will respect YOUR opinion... As for me, I am one of those who fight for OUR freedom as I have over 22 years and counting in the military so spare me how I dont realize how well WE have it... I DO and probably more so than you!!! Again, I'll respect your opinion, but dont agree with you.

Agreeing to disagree has always been a favorite of mine. :)

BTW~ Thank you for serving our country. :) Hats off to you and those you served with. I cant even imagine what that job is like~ im glad we have people like you who step up to the plate and do it so well.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hopefully we can avoid a flame war on our thread. I respect everyone here, but I'd like to send a friendly reminder that VJ isn't just a place for information but also provides a support network for those of us who need it. Sometimes that involves sharing the negative things that nobody else in this world understands.

I hope that we all can respect each other's opinions and feelings throughout this process.

As for my own opinions... I'm not looking for a pity party, but some days the wait hurts more than others. I find it ridiculous that our system takes so long. Multiple reasons make moving to Germany unworkable for me; however, their system allows adjusting status without any sort of fiancé visas. With some light paperwork, I could enter on the VWP into Germany, marry, and be a legal resident in a few weeks. My anger and sorrow comes from differences like this and this K1 process that forces me to be apart from my future husband unless I abandon my own country. This is not the America that I pledge allegiance to; it is a broken bureaucracy. I will never defend a process that keeps families apart for so long. We can do better in this, my country.

/steps off pulpit

Agree with me or not, that is my opinion and feel free to stop reading my posts if they make this journey more difficult for you. There are other ways of getting information and sharing besides this thread if the sharing we do here is offensive to you -- PMs, following igor's lists, and timelines, etc. I do, however, hope that we all can respect each other's different ways of getting through this wait and try to support each other. Let's not make it harder than it already is.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

BTW~ Thank you for serving our country. :) Hats off to you and those you served with. I cant even imagine what that job is like~ im glad we have people like you who step up to the plate and do it so well.

Thankyou... yes agreeing to disagree has been a favorite of mine too! We each have our own views and the purpose of my original post was not to start arguments, it was to simply console the OP. As for the poster before you, I will save my breath.

Thanks again and I hope your journey goes smoothly! :)

7522.gif

Timeline

AMen to all LOL

Aubry love I know the pain (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Just thing soon girl SOON I am COUNTING the months...lots of loves your way!

Meri

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline

Thankyou... yes agreeing to disagree has been a favorite of mine too! We each have our own views and the purpose of my original post was not to start arguments, it was to simply console the OP. As for the poster before you, I will save my breath.

Thanks again and I hope your journey goes smoothly! :)

Hey! Ditto to you too!!!!

Immigration is one of the most fascinating hot button issues next to health insurance that I can think of. Funny how losing one and being embroiled in another can suddenly change your political outlook on life. But no matter what, I think we can all agree, (or... maybe not) that foreign nationals who have helped our troops overseas should be given priority clearance. That was really my main point

cheers!

On the upside of things... this is the MOST people who i have EVER seen on this thread at one time!!! See what a little rabblerousing will do to a thread! 1000 posts! Dont let those Febuaries beat us!

Edited by marcuskelli

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

By comparison since the tourist visa argument didn't cut it...I can move to Brazil and as long as I'm married to a Brazilian Citizen, I can get citizenship in 1 year. One. And not just some card that says I'm legal, but citizenship.

On the flip side, at the one year mark in the USA we will be lucky to be married and have an EAD along with AP.

As far as who travels where, you are making my point for me:

"I would also venture to guess that we have MORE citizens asking for visas to visit Brazil than Brazilians have asking to visit the US."

Maybe, so why can a country like Brazil do in 2.5 weeks which includes time in the mail to the consulate etc., what takes us 2.5 months to do on a good day? Little hazy tonight? Brazil is slow as hell and if there is a difficult way to do anything, they will find it and they still are ahead of us with respect to timelines. :ot:

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline
By comparison since the tourist visa argument didn't cut it...I can move to Brazil and as long as I'm married to a Brazilian Citizen, I can get citizenship in 1 year. One. And not just some card that says I'm legal, but citizenship.

On the flip side, at the one year mark in the USA we will be lucky to be married and have an EAD along with AP.

As far as who travels where, you are making my point for me:

"I would also venture to guess that we have MORE citizens asking for visas to visit Brazil than Brazilians have asking to visit the US."

Maybe, so why can a country like Brazil do in 2.5 weeks which includes time in the mail to the consulate etc., what takes us 2.5 months to do on a good day? Little hazy tonight? Brazil is slow as hell and if there is a difficult way to do anything, they will find it and they still are ahead of us with respect to timelines. :ot:

3rd world countries will glady take any american citizens willing to spend their money there. What more of an argument do you need???

Population of USA : 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.)

google: population of Brazil "Historically Brazil’s population always experienced large degrees of ethno-religious intermarriage, mutual assimilation of cultures, syncretism and, above all, racial miscegenation."

You cannot compare Brazils attitude, place in the world ect with the US. Heck.. you cant even find a census count for the entire country of Brazil. Compare Apples to Apples. The US is a world leader with a lot at stake. Brazil is an exporter of agriculture. As a matter of fact:

"And Brazil is notorious for poorly constructed and maintained roads, railways and seaports. Three hour delays at airports are common. This is further aggravated by an inefficient customs service.

In a nutshell, global trade with Brazil can be painful. According to USA Today, it can take 3 times longer to import or export goods to Brazil than most other countries."

They are a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY> Do you honestly think they give a rats ### if you have a criminal past in the US? Do you think they care if you have ties to terrorism?

Your willing to drop tourism dollars and marry a native- lay out the welcome mat. .....

Timeline

Come all ..lets drop it and support each other in our journey to get OUR loved ones home and back where they belong; WITH US.

We know were everyone stands so lets just move along and just respect the fact that others have opinions and just be there when the other one is having a rough time of this journey.

thanks

Meri

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

with you on that one Cham :thumbs: Aubrey my heart goes out to you. It is a very difficult time at the best but even more so when a loved one goes back home again. It may only be 4-6 months before the K-1 visa is issued but it doesn't make it easier.

We are here to help and support each other. I LOVE an American and have done for 10 years now and this waiting for the visa seems to be at times the longest time i have ever waited. But i tell myself that it won't be long till we will be together finally. That is the positive that keeps me going through this process. We all have good and bad days and i am just glad that vj is here for support during those times.

thank you vjers for being here!!

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
with you on that one Cham :thumbs: Aubrey my heart goes out to you. It is a very difficult time at the best but even more so when a loved one goes back home again. It may only be 4-6 months before the K-1 visa is issued but it doesn't make it easier.

We are here to help and support each other. I LOVE an American and have done for 10 years now and this waiting for the visa seems to be at times the longest time i have ever waited. But i tell myself that it won't be long till we will be together finally. That is the positive that keeps me going through this process. We all have good and bad days and i am just glad that vj is here for support during those times.

thank you vjers for being here!!

Ditto to you and others!

I love it here as well. I do not know how I would make it through the day alone on this had it not been for this place!!

We are in this together and I am so happy I have that extra support JUST so I can make it to the next day knowing I WILL BE OKAY and HE WILL BE HERE SOON!

BIG HUGS!!!

Meri

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.