5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Bad news guys.

"your visa has been denied under section 212(a)(2)(a)(1) of the immigration act A waiver of the applicable is available."

I dont know what this means, he has old convictions, which we were worried about, but i think 212 is lack of proof of relationship? my fiance told me: "I dont qualify for automatic approval its up to homeland security to approve me a waiver, only this time we both have to write letters explaining why a denial would cause extreme hardship, more forms to fill, $538 to pay, at least 15 weeks more to wait, "

We are eligible for a waiver but have to prove extreme hardship.

I am utterly heartbroken and crushed. He cannot even visit me til we get approved or denied. I am gutted! I dont know what to do! I cant be with the man i love! I have to go cry now!

thank u all for your well wishes!

Jenny

after Goggling 212(a)(2)(a)(1) it looks like it is a criminal thing. Still sucks... 15 more weeks... grumble

thank you! yes, he has a couple convictions from 12 yrs ago, we were worried about that. you think we still have chance? odds dont sound good about trying to prove extreme hardship since we dont have kids or anything, but I cant live without him! :cry::cry: :cry: i dont know wat to do...

601 waiver

601 instructions

I am not an attorney or play one on TV :) but if it were me, I would hire one.... this looks a little on the serious side and personally I would not want to screw it up... just my opinion.

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Jenny so very sorry to hear that. I hope that once you have had time to recover from this blow you both come back out fighting. Our thoughts are with you

thank you! exactly! i need to recover from the blow. i will come back fighting..just need a little time. we wont give up! thank u!!! (F) first, i need a good night's rest! =)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Bad news guys.

"your visa has been denied under section 212(a)(2)(a)(1) of the immigration act A waiver of the applicable is available."

I dont know what this means, he has old convictions, which we were worried about, but i think 212 is lack of proof of relationship? my fiance told me: "I dont qualify for automatic approval its up to homeland security to approve me a waiver, only this time we both have to write letters explaining why a denial would cause extreme hardship, more forms to fill, $538 to pay, at least 15 weeks more to wait, "

I am utterly heartbroken and crushed. He cannot even visit me til we get approved or denied. I am gutted! I dont know what to do! I cant be with the man i love! I have to go cry now!

Jenny

Jenny

I am so sorry for you both about the refusual.

Really hope that you can get the waiver approved and carry on with your life together. x

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So sorry to hear PB&Jam....I know you are both strong and will work through it one way or another. Any chance of you moving over there?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Bad news guys.

Jenny

after Goggling 212(a)(2)(a)(1) it looks like it is a criminal thing. Still sucks... 15 more weeks... grumble

thank you! yes, he has a couple convictions from 12 yrs ago, we were worried about that. you think we still have chance? odds dont sound good about trying to prove extreme hardship since we dont have kids or anything, but I cant live without him! :cry::cry: :cry: i dont know wat to do...

601 waiver

601 instructions

I am not an attorney or play one on TV :) but if it were me, I would hire one.... this looks a little on the serious side and personally I would not want to screw it up... just my opinion.

Jenny I am really sorry to hear the bad news. I agree with Richard-Joanna, a lawyer seems like the best bet. I really hope that it all works out. Please keep us posted.

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Bad news guys.

Jenny

that sucks Jenny, so sorry to hear that :angry::angry:

Here in NC if i take my test it will only be valid until my I-94 expires, and i would then have to re-take it when i have the GC.

Thats what I was told here in Florida :whistle:

I am so sorry Jenny, that sucks !!!

Shan, for the driving license you have to get a new one when you have the GC or EAD but you don't have to take the test again, when you have it you have it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Bad news guys.

Jenny

I'm so sorry to read this. I wish you all the best with your waiver request. Is there any possibility of moving to his country if it doesn't go through?

I also agree that this might be a good time to seek out an experienced immigration attorney, since you're needing to write explanations and such.

Also, a belated congrats to Juliette. Sorry I've been quiet this week, I'm still playing catch-up now that graduation is over. Applied for my first job today... in Minnesota. :blink: Many more apps still to do, of course.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Bad news guys.

Jenny

Jenny, i dont have any support words for you, i feel in completely shock, i never though that this ####### could hapend to you, you and me the last of july, we both know how hard was the long long wait for the NOA2 , and now this? i just cant believe, i really sorry, i feel so angry right now, they dont have right to do this, now the want more money and more time? what the hell!! but i know too that you going do all that you can, so chin up girl, you can do this and more!! the sky is the limit!!

karen

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Timeline

Thanks so much everyone!!! All your word bring comfort to my heart! Just gonna take a bit longer! At least I still have him and we still have the future! I feel sad...then I think of Chris and Steph and really, I cant complain!

Yes, I definitely will consider moving there if this doesnt work out! I really like England, but i dont care where i am as long as i'm with Paul. Just will be a hassle to move 3 cats over there! Cant go without my babies! :luv::sleepy::luv:

Thanks everyone! Will let u guys know wen this is all sorted out!

(L)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Thanks so much everyone!!! All your word bring comfort to my heart! Just gonna take a bit longer! At least I still have him and we still have the future! I feel sad...then I think of Chris and Steph and really, I cant complain!

Yes, I definitely will consider moving there if this doesnt work out! I really like England, but i dont care where i am as long as i'm with Paul. Just will be a hassle to move 3 cats over there! Cant go without my babies! :luv::sleepy::luv:

(L)

Yes, I understand the 3 cats move will be an issue, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. I completely understand, too. You'd sooner cut off one of my limbs than separate me from my two munchkins! I can't imagine why so many people on VJ give up their animals to move to the US. They don't quarantine pets the way they used to, unless you're a high-risk country (a family friend had to give all her animals... count 'em 9 cats, 3 dogs, a horse, and fish when she and her husband got stationed in South Korea. Crazy.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
thanks guys! will let u know what happens, he is at the interview right now. will probly be a few hrs before i hear from him! but i'll let u all know wen i know!

Jenny,

Im soo sooo sooo sorry. That is all I can say. You have stuck with me through all of this and it isnt fair...You will get through it and if u have to move to England with your cats....*hugs*

so any work Juliette on the whole working once ur case is pending thing???? Jobs have been popping up for what Johny graduated for and we are sending his AOS out this tuesday. We really want for him to work. he has just been cleaning the church and helping his friends out for some money but we want a place of our own ASAP, living with my dad isnt completely working. so we really need both of us to work. I am only going to be working like 2-3 days a week because of a full summer of clinicals.

November 5, 2008: NOA2 - APPROVEDDDDDD!!!

Interview: 2009-3-23 APPROVED!!!

Recieve Visa: April 1, 2009

POE: April 3, 2009

Wedding in Niagara Falls: April 15, 2009

AOS/EAD/AD

Sent priority mail: May 27, 2009

IS IT OVER YET?!?![/color]

"You can survive the unimaginable"

glitterfy-flpbk11203916556034.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
thanks guys! will let u know what happens, he is at the interview right now. will probly be a few hrs before i hear from him! but i'll let u all know wen i know!

Jenny,

Im soo sooo sooo sorry. That is all I can say. You have stuck with me through all of this and it isnt fair...You will get through it and if u have to move to England with your cats....*hugs*

so any work Juliette on the whole working once ur case is pending thing???? Jobs have been popping up for what Johny graduated for and we are sending his AOS out this tuesday. We really want for him to work. he has just been cleaning the church and helping his friends out for some money but we want a place of our own ASAP, living with my dad isnt completely working. so we really need both of us to work. I am only going to be working like 2-3 days a week because of a full summer of clinicals.

I tried everything, I called SSA, I went to USCIS, I asked questions here and I CAN'T have an official reply. I wanted to do the E-verify thing but apparently your employer has to do it after to hire you which is weird and stupid in my opinion. So, I took the decision to wait until my EAD, I don't want to take risks. If you can you should get an infopass, maybe you can meet a good and informed officer.

Timeline

You'd sooner cut off one of my limbs than separate me from my two munchkins! I can't imagine why so many people on VJ give up their animals to move to the US.

exactly!! i couldnt leave my cats! thanks for the info on quarantines, glad they dont do that anymore!

thanks Erin!!

Chances of proving extreme hardship are slim to none. My life went from great to a total nightmare overnight!

Edited by PB&JAM

(L)

Yes, I understand the 3 cats move will be an issue, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. I completely understand, too. You'd sooner cut off one of my limbs than separate me from my two munchkins! I can't imagine why so many people on VJ give up their animals to move to the US. They don't quarantine pets the way they used to, unless you're a high-risk country (a family friend had to give all her animals... count 'em 9 cats, 3 dogs, a horse, and fish when she and her husband got stationed in South Korea. Crazy.

I would hate to give up my animals too (right now I have a hamster that I'm giving away but if I owned a cat or dog, they would come with... ) but I do understand why people can't.

There's a whole other process to move your pets to the U.S that involves money, time, and stress. I can see why people choose to give their pets to a loved one to look after rather than put themselves and their pet/s through that.

Especially because if you're willing to give up time with your bestest friends and closest family members, pets are really no different. And that comes from a HUGE animal lover. My pets are always my best friends, but best friends lose out on this process too. Just sayin. ;)

I hope you get this sorted, PB&J. Remember that there is always an option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.