5,491 posts in this topic

Hey Nick, can you give me your facebook page link ? The one on VJ doesn't work. I think this is mine : http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile....27&ref=name

We had some probs so had to make our page private to only the friends we already had... When I was adding the photos at the bottom of the page there was a "public link" I could send people... try: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040...mp;l=8cfde958e6

let me know if that doesn't work (I've sent it out a bit and other have had luck so I hope you do as well!)

~Shannon

I added u both if thats ok :)

added you as well!

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey Nick, can you give me your facebook page link ? The one on VJ doesn't work. I think this is mine : http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile....27&ref=name

We had some probs so had to make our page private to only the friends we already had... When I was adding the photos at the bottom of the page there was a "public link" I could send people... try: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040...mp;l=8cfde958e6

let me know if that doesn't work (I've sent it out a bit and other have had luck so I hope you do as well!)

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Your wedding photos are beautiful! It must've been so nice to finally have the day come! I can't wait for Nick and my day! We're planning to marry in Tampa as well as that is where I grew up and my parents are still down there :)

Shannon,

Did you end up making that cake? I saw in a post on the wedding forum that you were thinking about making it... if so, all I can say is wow! Absolutely beautiful!

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Your wedding photos are beautiful! It must've been so nice to finally have the day come! I can't wait for Nick and my day! We're planning to marry in Tampa as well as that is where I grew up and my parents are still down there :)

Shannon,

Did you end up making that cake? I saw in a post on the wedding forum that you were thinking about making it... if so, all I can say is wow! Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you sooo much!! It was a day loong awaited and it far exceeded my expectations!!

No, I didn't make it - wow I wish I could have though! We got it from Publix at the last min. Nick's parents got it for us as Nick told them I really wanted a cake :) it was really really nice of them! And it was delicious! White with a strawberry glaze through the middle! Highly recommend them! :)

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Shannon,

Thank you sooo much!! It was a day loong awaited and it far exceeded my expectations!!

No, I didn't make it - wow I wish I could have though! We got it from Publix at the last min. Nick's parents got it for us as Nick told them I really wanted a cake :) it was really really nice of them! And it was delicious! White with a strawberry glaze through the middle! Highly recommend them! :)

I agree, the pics are beautiful!

Congrats to dillon for approval.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Shannon,

I agree, the pics are beautiful!

Congrats to dillon for approval.

I agree with everyone. The pics are beautiful. The cake looked great as well!

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

So what are the news here ? I just read the 1+ year waiting room and now I'm feeling totally depressed for these ppl. How USCIS can be so unfair ? I saw some approval in 60 days a couple days ago, that sucks !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
So what are the news here ? I just read the 1+ year waiting room and now I'm feeling totally depressed for these ppl. How USCIS can be so unfair ? I saw some approval in 60 days a couple days ago, that sucks !

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it makes me cry:( I pray they all get them SOON!

SHANNON AND NICK! OMG so beautiful GRATZ

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Shannon,

My brother is getting married in May and he is having Publix make their cake. His fiancee said that they make the most delicious cakes!!! I'll have to tell them about your experience with them :) Nick and I are using Let Them Eat Cake... we booked with them a while ago and their cakes are wonderful too :)

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Shannon,

My brother is getting married in May and he is having Publix make their cake. His fiancee said that they make the most delicious cakes!!! I'll have to tell them about your experience with them :) Nick and I are using Let Them Eat Cake... we booked with them a while ago and their cakes are wonderful too :)

I was amazed with Publix - we only gave them 48 hrs notice, we got to go in and Nick sampled tons of flavors... and we were going with a small cake and when we went to pick it up they had made us a larger one at no extra cost! It was very delicious and inexpensive. They even did the cake decorating (flowers) free, we were told people usually have florists come in and do it.

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding... cake, flowers EVERYTHING! :)

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

tND8m4.png

For those of you who had your DS vaccination form transferred to the I693 (how pointless is that, seriously?), did anyone try to tell you your vaccinations were incomplete? I know all of us London embassy people went to the same place and likely have the same form.

Sebastian and I went into the civil surgeon's yesterday and even though it says "Series completed" next to his tetanus shots (as well as all other relevant shots), they tried to tell him he had to repeat the whole tetanus series. The receptionist was beyond nasty to us and although I'm usually an overly polite customer, she was being so demeaning that I interrupted her in mid-sentence, told her we'd take our business elsewhere, and slammed the door. This delays AOS yet another week while we wait for an appointment at the one other civil surgeon around here. Don't get me wrong, we're exceptionally grateful that we're finally together and married- but with the economy being so horrible it would be nice if he could start looking for serious work.

If this is better suited in an AOS thread, I'll move it but I know a few of you were talking about vaccination stuff last week.

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Timeline

~Shannon

Nick and Shannon,

Shannon,

I was amazed with Publix - we only gave them 48 hrs notice, we got to go in and Nick sampled tons of flavors... and we were going with a small cake and when we went to pick it up they had made us a larger one at no extra cost! It was very delicious and inexpensive. They even did the cake decorating (flowers) free, we were told people usually have florists come in and do it.

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding... cake, flowers EVERYTHING! :)

You guys must've gotten lucky with Publix because the quote my brother's fiance got was not cheap! In fact, I think it is a little more than ours and I didn't think that ours was cheap!! Nick and I have most of the wedding planned already. We were originally planning on having me move there, but then made a decision to have him come over here. Needless to say this has caused a lot of stress! We have already had to change our wedding date once and we're not going to be able to change it again without losing a ton of money! Fingers crossed that everything goes okay :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Only snag was they need my father's birth certificate or passport faxed to them to prove he's a citizen for the co-sponsor affidavit.

So how's it looking Aubrey?

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
For those of you who had your DS vaccination form transferred to the I693 (how pointless is that, seriously?), did anyone try to tell you your vaccinations were incomplete? I know all of us London embassy people went to the same place and likely have the same form.

Sebastian and I went into the civil surgeon's yesterday and even though it says "Series completed" next to his tetanus shots (as well as all other relevant shots), they tried to tell him he had to repeat the whole tetanus series. The receptionist was beyond nasty to us and although I'm usually an overly polite customer, she was being so demeaning that I interrupted her in mid-sentence, told her we'd take our business elsewhere, and slammed the door. This delays AOS yet another week while we wait for an appointment at the one other civil surgeon around here. Don't get me wrong, we're exceptionally grateful that we're finally together and married- but with the economy being so horrible it would be nice if he could start looking for serious work.

If this is better suited in an AOS thread, I'll move it but I know a few of you were talking about vaccination stuff last week.

You'd better not disappear on us! I think you posted in just the right place. Sorry to hear you're having issues with this, although I've definitely seen similar issues with vaccination transfers. Just one more bit of stupidity in this process.

Only snag was they need my father's birth certificate or passport faxed to them to prove he's a citizen for the co-sponsor affidavit.

So how's it looking Aubrey?

My dad called me to tell me he'd faxed it over today. So it's taken care of, thankfully (and much to my surprise, tbh).

In other news, Andy had a job interview yesterday. I hope third time's the charm... this waiting and being poor ####### is so old it's growing mold. Next month I'm taking a second trip to Seattle to have a bunch of professionals look at my portfolio. I've been told some folks get job offers or leads at this event, but regardless it's at least a chance to see how hire-able I'm going to look. I'm so nervous trying to get my ####### together! If you want to look at my unfinished portfolio: aubreymiller.net (shameless self-promotion :whistle: ).

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

I just sent a copy of the sheet that we were given in London as I didn't need anymore vaccinations as per the suggestion in the stickied thread in the AOS forum. From what I read a lot of people in the AOS forums have done this succesfully, one or two have been asked to bring the I-693 to the interview with them. Dr Arnold in Austin will do the transcription through the post for $30. There is a thread about him in the AOS forum with contact details etc.

The vaccination form isn't needed for the EAD or AP applications so I decided getting the package off sooner rather than later was my priority and then I could get an I-693 at my leisure or if I need one.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.