5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
OK Andy;s relationship to the sponsor would be future son in law, which is what we 've put!

Most airlines only place restrictions on travel if you are within a week of your due date and even then if you get a doctors letter confirming date due and that you are considered safe to fly in the next 72 hours they wont stop you.

BUT as I'm not pregnant and I would be coming to the US it wont be an issue unless there's something my mom hasnt told me........................ :blink::innocent:

Nick-male-UK

:rolleyes:

We put that too...so what are u supposed to put for that? i might type out another front page and have johny print it out in haiti with the corrections on it. wow they are really particular well congrats for an earlier interview!!

November 5, 2008: NOA2 - APPROVEDDDDDD!!!

Interview: 2009-3-23 APPROVED!!!

Recieve Visa: April 1, 2009

POE: April 3, 2009

Wedding in Niagara Falls: April 15, 2009

AOS/EAD/AD

Sent priority mail: May 27, 2009

IS IT OVER YET?!?![/color]

"You can survive the unimaginable"

glitterfy-flpbk11203916556034.gif

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

okay i know i asked this before forever ago but i dont remember and it was forever ago what shots does he need? i think he might have the ones he needs and i hope he does cuz we dont have the money for more so if anyone knows that is awesome. he was going to go monday for his med exam and they said he can pick up his police certificate on tuesday soooo on wednesday he is sending out packet three and im hoping by the week after we will have an interview date....man about 4 more weeks to go and my love will be home...its exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time...im freaking out that he wont be approved or something...

AOS/EAD/AD

okay i know i asked this before forever ago but i dont remember and it was forever ago what shots does he need? i think he might have the ones he needs and i hope he does cuz we dont have the money for more so if anyone knows that is awesome. he was going to go monday for his med exam and they said he can pick up his police certificate on tuesday soooo on wednesday he is sending out packet three and im hoping by the week after we will have an interview date....man about 4 more weeks to go and my love will be home...its exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time...im freaking out that he wont be approved or something...

Vaccination Requirements

All applicants for immigrant visas are required to have the following vaccinations if appropriate for age, medical condition or medical history:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

Although fiancé(e)s are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of the medical examination for a K-1 visa, most choose to fulfill it because vaccinations are required to adjust status following the marriage.

The above was taken off the US Embassy Haiti site.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

Vaccination Requirements

All applicants for immigrant visas are required to have the following vaccinations if appropriate for age, medical condition or medical history:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

Although fiancé(e)s are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of the medical examination for a K-1 visa, most choose to fulfill it because vaccinations are required to adjust status following the marriage.

Thank u very much Dawn. I did finally find it...he has like three-4 shots so far he also got a couple one or two when he was in america for school but doesnt know what ones and doesnt have them on record. I am going to try and go to the school and see if they will let me know what ones he has gotten. I think it will be cheaper for him to get them in america because we can go to free or cheaper clinics that offer these shots for a better price and i will have more money once taxes and stuff come i am pretty much broke until mid/early february. so it will not stop him from coming back to the united states if he doesnt get them right away?

AOS/EAD/AD

Fingers crossed for you guys for a prompt interview, I'm dead excited and nervous at the same time (Nick-to avoid any confusion :whistle: )

In relation to the I-134 in question 3 where it asks for the beneficiary details we're using a co-sponsor (Shans mom) so my relationship to her is future son in law.

If you're other half is sponsoring you then "fiance/e" would be the correct term.

Edited by Shannon ♥ Nick

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Timeline

Fingers crossed for you guys for a prompt interview, I'm dead excited and nervous at the same time (Nick-to avoid any confusion :whistle: )

In relation to the I-134 in question 3 where it asks for the beneficiary details we're using a co-sponsor (Shans mom) so my relationship to her is future son in law.

If you're other half is sponsoring you then "fiance/e" would be the correct term.

oh ####### we put future father in law...i should change it then to future son in law and it would be correct? and u said that u guys left it blank?? and what about for the section 3 where it says name of spouse and children accompaning to join person? that is NONE and NONE right? and lol last thing i put that i filed for johny for petition in question 10...was i supposed to do that or put none??? lol sorry for the questions...now im starting to freak out...haha well then again now im continuing to freak out...

AOS/EAD/AD

Vaccination Requirements

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Pertussis

Influenza type B

Hepatitis B

Varicella

Pneumococcal

Thank u very much Dawn. I did finally find it...he has like three-4 shots so far he also got a couple one or two when he was in america for school but doesnt know what ones and doesnt have them on record. I am going to try and go to the school and see if they will let me know what ones he has gotten. I think it will be cheaper for him to get them in america because we can go to free or cheaper clinics that offer these shots for a better price and i will have more money once taxes and stuff come i am pretty much broke until mid/early february. so it will not stop him from coming back to the united states if he doesnt get them right away?

If i read the site correctly, someone kick my ####### if i'm wrong, it seems that although desired he will not need them all until AOS so you have a bit of breathing room, to be on the safe-side email the Embassy to double check.

Hope you get a quick interview date.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

oh ####### we put future father in law...i should change it then to future son in law and it would be correct? and u said that u guys left it blank?? and what about for the section 3 where it says name of spouse and children accompaning to join person? that is NONE and NONE right? and lol last thing i put that i filed for johny for petition in question 10...was i supposed to do that or put none??? lol sorry for the questions...now im starting to freak out...haha well then again now im continuing to freak out...

yep future son in law is good! which is what we put

and yes children etc is NONE

and q10 yes filed for k1 with the filing date.

Dont worry we had all this yesterday when we realized we need 2 affidavits of support, one from the co-sponsor and although Shan doesnt make enough (for obvious reason right now!) we still ahve to include one from her as she is the primary sponsor of me.

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Hello all,

I don't have much time to post, as I fly back to the U.S. tomorrow (:() but I just wanted to post a quick update about Sebastian's medical this afternoon. We booked it despite not having packet 3 yet and everything went smoothly. The doctor wasn't very good at drawing blood though, and poor Sebastian has a huge bruise on his forearm. It's one more thing to check off of our list though.

We emailed the embassy earlier this week to find out about packet 3 and they still don't have the hard copy of our case. I'm pretty sure they're still catching up from the holidays and will have it by next week. Still keeping our fingers crossed for a first-week-of-March wedding. Wish I could make more personalized responses to everyone's posts! I'll play more catch up later :).

I wish you all the best! Keep your fingers crossed that the snow doesn't leave me stranded in an airport somewhere.

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Timeline

THanks guys you're awesome! and haiti is a little different if u dont have everything right the first time it puts ur interview date back six weeks instead of like 2 or 3 so that is why i am freaking out so much. but this helped me a lot so i can fix a few mistakes and have him print them out. and i knew we needed 2 support papers i did one and so did my dad...well thanks time to go relax for the night. hope everyone has a good night and good news tomorrow!

Dont worry we had all this yesterday when we realized we need 2 affidavits of support, one from the co-sponsor and although Shan doesnt make enough (for obvious reason right now!) we still ahve to include one from her as she is the primary sponsor of me.

THanks guys you're awesome! and haiti is a little different if u dont have everything right the first time it puts ur interview date back six weeks instead of like 2 or 3 so that is why i am freaking out so much. but this helped me a lot so i can fix a few mistakes and have him print them out. and i knew we needed 2 support papers i did one and so did my dad...well thanks time to go relax for the night. hope everyone has a good night and good news tomorrow!

Edited by darkraven_cna

AOS/EAD/AD

isnt it annoying when that happens and you lose everything you've written? I bet ya frantically trying to edit before someone else posts...............

Oh #######..... my bad! :rofl:

ahh shucks ya beat me to it!!

Edited by Shannon ♥ Nick

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

tND8m4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

A thing that I don't really understand is (like for Aubrey) why you guys don't send your packet 3 back anyway ? You know that it takes time (at least 1 month if you don't have an expedited appointment) for the interview to be schedule. Andy will have his police certificate by that time for sure... So why are you losing time ? Send your packet 3...

A thing that I don't really understand is (like for Aubrey) why you guys don't send your packet 3 back anyway ? You know that it takes time (at least 1 month if you don't have an expedited appointment) for the interview to be schedule. Andy will have his police certificate by that time for sure... So why are you losing time ? Send your packet 3...

Funny you should say that, someone who shall remain nameless......... called DOS today and it was noted that they had sent their pk3 back BEFORE USEM had even sent it out to them, said he'd never seen that before.....

I cant imagine where they got the idea to do that from :innocent::whistle:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

tND8m4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Funny you should say that, someone who shall remain nameless......... called DOS today and it was noted that they had sent their pk3 back BEFORE USEM had even sent it out to them, said he'd never seen that before.....

But for Aubrey it is another story, Andy did receive his packet 3... Why losing time, he won't have an appointment at the Embassy before the beginning of feb, he will have his PC by this time. What do you think Nick ?

But for Aubrey it is another story, Andy did receive his packet 3... Why losing time, he won't have an appointment at the Embassy before the beginning of feb, he will have his PC by this time. What do you think Nick ?

To be honest if it was me I'd get it all booked and sorted, if the certificate hadnt arrived, you would be asked to send it in once it did but at least you know you're approved and good to go.......

But then I'm quite cheeky like that hence my early interview date ;)

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

tND8m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.