5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
VJ estimates your NOA2 date for you. Check out your own timeline. :)

After NOA2, they send stuff to the national visa center, then to your country's consulate. If you haven't already, check out the K1 guide and flowchart. It explains everything pretty well.

I hope everyone had a restful weekend, and keep your chins up!

Thanks for the :help: Aubrey! Dont know what we would do without u! :thumbs:(F) One thing I dont understand, how come VSC filers timeline is so different than CSC? :unsure:

P.S. I found out today that Islamabad embassy dont issue the visa rite away.. That Sux..They do this AP(security check) thing & it takes foreva & I mean foreva :angry: Most embassy's will issue the visa right after the interview.. Some will mail it a week later But Islamabad embassy! :crying::( That just mean more waiting! :wacko:

Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
yea seems like it...just getting so impatient...

and the longer it takes now, the longer the overall process is going to take.

i do feel a little bit better that many people are still awaiting NOA1's...and at least i know my petition was in fact not received and not lost or anything.

everyday i come home hoping to God that the NOA1 is in the mail...not today :( maybe tomorrow. i want my baby here!

I know....I do the same with tht Online checking status thing....I come home & First thing I do is I check my Status. I know its WAAYYYYYYYY 2 early to be even thinking about approval but I just cant help my self. SEE everybody here wants 2 be with thr Fiancee, So we will just have 2 wait... & believe me good thing comes to those who wait! :thumbs:

BTW, I still think you are gripping for no reason...You sent out yours on 21st...So You still have a week or so 2 go! Just hang in thr....It will come!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

After NOA2, they send stuff to the national visa center, then to your country's consulate. If you haven't already, check out the K1 guide and flowchart. It explains everything pretty well.

Thanks for the :help: Aubrey! Dont know what we would do without u! :thumbs:(F) One thing I dont understand, how come VSC filers timeline is so different than CSC? :unsure:

P.S. I found out today that Islamabad embassy dont issue the visa rite away.. That Sux..They do this AP(security check) thing & it takes foreva & I mean foreva :angry: Most embassy's will issue the visa right after the interview.. Some will mail it a week later But Islamabad embassy! :crying::( That just mean more waiting! :wacko:

That's a bummer, but try not to get ahead of yourself. The whole thing seems overwhelming when you worry about stuff that isn't here yet.

I got my own bad news today. My parents are having second thoughts about co-sponsoring us. Apparently my mother just now told my father about it and he's all concerned he's going to get charged money. I'm on my last year of a second degree, so I don't meet the I-134 income requirements myself... so I'm majorly concerned. And to top if off, he gave me heck about whether I knew my SO well enough and that we don't have enough money to do this ourselves, and that we aren't using a lawyer... :ranting: Bad day!!!

Cross your fingers for me, as I have some major problems coming if they back out of co-sponsoring.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

That's a bummer, but try not to get ahead of yourself. The whole thing seems overwhelming when you worry about stuff that isn't here yet.

I got my own bad news today. My parents are having second thoughts about co-sponsoring us. Apparently my mother just now told my father about it and he's all concerned he's going to get charged money. I'm on my last year of a second degree, so I don't meet the I-134 income requirements myself... so I'm majorly concerned. And to top if off, he gave me heck about whether I knew my SO well enough and that we don't have enough money to do this ourselves, and that we aren't using a lawyer... :ranting: Bad day!!!

Cross your fingers for me, as I have some major problems coming if they back out of co-sponsoring.

Wow, I don't like this situation at all...I hope everything works out....You need 2 tell your dad how important he is to you & it would be a big blow if he backs out. :protest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
anybody else still waiting for their NOA1? :( starting to get worried...its going to be 2 weeks since i sent out my I129f...

I wouldn't worry about it as long as I know they received your petition. You sent yours on the 25th, so you still have to wait a week or two.

BTW, did anybody from Vermont got touched today??

I wish! :no:

How can you tell if you've been touched? hahahaha. but seriously? You sign up for email notifications and are sent an email each time your package is scanned???

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Timeline
anybody else still waiting for their NOA1? :( starting to get worried...its going to be 2 weeks since i sent out my I129f...

I wouldn't worry about it as long as I know they received your petition. You sent yours on the 25th, so you still have to wait a week or two.

How can you tell if you've been touched? hahahaha. but seriously? You sign up for email notifications and are sent an email each time your package is scanned???

No, they will not send you an email everytime they scan your package lol. The only time you will get an email from them is when you register or you get approved.. If you check your protfolio on the USCIS website, it will have a LAST UPDATE date. Wheneva they change your date dat means you are getting touch or getting looked at! Wheneva I signed up, I had 8/1 date in my protfolio.... After couple of days, they changed my date to 8/3....that means I got touched...Simple as that. :)

Timeline
My NOA1 arrived today. Praise the LORD!!! Petition Recd July 8, the actual NOA1 says notice date July 29th. Go Vermont! Hang in there ya'll the NOA1 are coming.

Congratz! :thumbs: I'm from Dallas too :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

No, they will not send you an email everytime they scan your package lol. The only time you will get an email from them is when you register or you get approved.. If you check your protfolio on the USCIS website, it will have a LAST UPDATE date. Wheneva they change your date dat means you are getting touch or getting looked at! Wheneva I signed up, I had 8/1 date in my protfolio.... After couple of days, they changed my date to 8/3....that means I got touched...Simple as that. :)

aha. thanks. i figured i had to check it to know. im obsessed enough to check everyday.

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh Aubrey!! that sucks big huge time!!! Parents can be funny like that. Its seems like you guys have known eachother for a long time too! I'll call your dad and talk some sense into him! :blink: Maybe he will listen to me *giggle* :wacko::devil: Im older and Im marrying a guy from overseas too- we girls need to stick together! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Edited by marcuskelli

Timeline
Oh Aubrey!! that sucks big huge time!!! Parents can be funny like that. Its seems like you guys have known eachother for a long time too! I'll call your dad and talk some sense into him! :blink: Maybe he will listen to me *giggle* :wacko::devil: Im older and Im marrying a guy from overseas too- we girls need to stick together! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thanks so much for your post. It was a much needed laugh! I hope somebody talks sense into my dad!

I'm no spring chicken -- I'm 27 and divorced and already had a career job which I quit (I was a middle school teacher and quit 2 1/2 years in). I thought my parents gave up the whole judgmental garbage years ago, but apparently they've just been hiding it. :P If I could tolerate the time away from my sweetie, I'd just wait the year and sponsor him myself! But everyday without him is like torture. I wish I thought my parents were being funny or just weird, but instead today I felt like they disapproved of everything I am and want to be, and it really rocked the friendship we'd built in the last few years. They didn't like my first husband, and apparently they don't approve of my next. Really not so funny. :crying:

Anyways, we'll see what they say soon, and then I guess I figure out what to do if they back out. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone is getting their NOA1s (for those that still don't have them). I'm sending good thoughts your way, Vermont filers! We'll all send a heat wave to Vermont to put fire under their bums!

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:help: Hey guys, i was just going through the documents i submitted with our K1 petition to the VSC, i made copies of everything including the cheque, now i noticed i made a mistake on my cheque, i put "$455:00", which is correct, but i miss spelt it in words i wrote " four hundred and fifty" instead of "four hundred and fifty five", what do u think guys/ could this be the reason it has not been cashed yet? pls help :help:

June 26..........Sent I-129F to VSC

June 28..........Received @ VSC

Aug 09.......... Packet sent back b'cos of poor written check

Aug 11...........Resent packet to VSC

Aug 12...........Package deliverd and signed for by P. Novak

Aug 14...........NOA1

Aug 18...........Check cashed...(Pheeeeew)

Aug 19...........Touched!

Aug 20...........NOA1 Hard copy

Dec 01...........Touched (due to my change of address)

JAN 06 2009...NOA2 ( case approved ) wooohhhhhhoooooo!!!!!!!

JAN 07 2009...Touched!

JAN 08 2009...NVC Recieved Case( we got our case number)

JAN 10 2009...NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved

JAN 12 2009...NVC Forwarded case to NIgeria(confirmed over the phone)

JAN 14 2009...NVC Hardcopy mail recieved

JAN 26 2009...Fiancee received Packets 3 & 4

JAN 28 2009...Started Police Report

JAN 29 2009...Started Medical Exams

MAR 01 2009...I will be flying to Nigeria to be with my Angel at interview

MAR 04 2009...Interview.(WE ARE NOT WORRIED BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL.....YAY)

MAR 28 2009...Returning to the USA with wife-to-be.

MAR 29 2009...POE (IAH) Intercontinental Airport Houston (2nd day arrival )

APR 10 2009....Our Glorious Wedding (Good Friday, How cool uh?)

When he says yes, nobody says no, believe in him my Lord is able..............

10760.gif

11563.gif

Timeline
:help: Hey guys, i was just going through the documents i submitted with our K1 petition to the VSC, i made copies of everything including the cheque, now i noticed i made a mistake on my cheque, i put "$455:00", which is correct, but i miss spelt it in words i wrote " four hundred and fifty" instead of "four hundred and fifty five", what do u think guys/ could this be the reason it has not been cashed yet? pls help :help:

It's possible, but from what I understand they send the package back to you if there's a problem with the payment. Sorry you found a blip! It's so easy to make a mistake when filling out sooooo many pages and copies.

K-1 Timeline

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

11/07 EAD arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks Aubrey.

June 26..........Sent I-129F to VSC

June 28..........Received @ VSC

Aug 09.......... Packet sent back b'cos of poor written check

Aug 11...........Resent packet to VSC

Aug 12...........Package deliverd and signed for by P. Novak

Aug 14...........NOA1

Aug 18...........Check cashed...(Pheeeeew)

Aug 19...........Touched!

Aug 20...........NOA1 Hard copy

Dec 01...........Touched (due to my change of address)

JAN 06 2009...NOA2 ( case approved ) wooohhhhhhoooooo!!!!!!!

JAN 07 2009...Touched!

JAN 08 2009...NVC Recieved Case( we got our case number)

JAN 10 2009...NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved

JAN 12 2009...NVC Forwarded case to NIgeria(confirmed over the phone)

JAN 14 2009...NVC Hardcopy mail recieved

JAN 26 2009...Fiancee received Packets 3 & 4

JAN 28 2009...Started Police Report

JAN 29 2009...Started Medical Exams

MAR 01 2009...I will be flying to Nigeria to be with my Angel at interview

MAR 04 2009...Interview.(WE ARE NOT WORRIED BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL.....YAY)

MAR 28 2009...Returning to the USA with wife-to-be.

MAR 29 2009...POE (IAH) Intercontinental Airport Houston (2nd day arrival )

APR 10 2009....Our Glorious Wedding (Good Friday, How cool uh?)

When he says yes, nobody says no, believe in him my Lord is able..............

10760.gif

11563.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.