5,491 posts in this topic

I couldn't really afford to fly back and forth that much, it's a long way and expensive, and getting that much leave would be hard. Harder still would have been any more so-longs that we have had.

I almost went up in July, and had leave arranged for then. We did the sensible thing, we thought, and as we were meant to file in April, we decided to just wait it out, and I cancelled my leave.

But then we ran into a hold up with some of his papers. That took a long time to sort out, and because of that we weren't able to file until July, so I'm still here and he's still there. :(

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You guys make me feel like a wimp! I've seen Andy 4 months out of this year over 3 trips, and still the stress of the long distance has gotten to me. I get impatient with him, get babblely, and work up all sorts of crazy scenarios in my head about how things should go... :P It's so hard staying up late to talk, not seeing him every morning, and overall not feeling "normal" like other couples.

I just want our approval so I can at least begin to know when he might be with me again. At least with a date it'd give some relief from my constant worry. Right now I keep wondering if somehow he could get here in January before my semester starts and get married then, or else we have to wait until March. Thinking about another 3-4 months apart hurts.

I hope we all see approvals starting tomorrow. Best wishes to all of us, both who're still waiting and those working towards their interviews.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

well guys if ya stuck what to get the love of your life for Xmas how about one of these......... BARGAIN :huh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...52BSI%26otn%3D4

DAMN I NEARLY FELL OFF ME CHAIR!!!!!

Edited by Shannon ♥ Nick

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
well guys if ya stuck what to get the love of your life for Xmas how about one of these......... BARGAIN :huh:

hi guys!!!i'm a july filers too!!!my fiance got our notice from the nvc today!!!yipppeee...is anyone got theirs too?????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hi guys!!!i'm a july filers too!!!my fiance got our notice from the nvc today!!!yipppeee...is anyone got theirs too?????????

thanks shannon/nick, thats what i've always wanted! :lol: blimey! :wacko:

Congrats shaqkeys!!!! :dance: :dance: you just found out? wow, awesome news!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Wow...that's some pocketbook! :blink:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Cham, it must be awful not seeing Kai in 1.5 years, I admire that you've been able to stick it out..

We've been very lucky indeed to have a total of 9 trips between us (over a period of 3 years since meeting in person) but sometimes I question why I do it to myself. Getting to see him, touch him, love him physically is something amazing, but the heartache that follows is something devastating, as you know..

wow! 9 times! how can u afford that?? I'm sure I'm not alone here...have u guys ever contemplated ending it with your SO just cause you couldnt handle the pain? I thought forget it, i'll just be single and live with my cats and be the crazy cat lady! :luv::jest: But then I realize, what on earth would i do? He has my heart, my future, my life is with him. Feel stuck between a rock and a hard place at times. I cant be without him yet I cant be "with" him...

Ok, enough of my pity party, I cant wait for tomorrow and these next 2 weeks! :dancing:

I did one time until he came home and I heard through the headset his front door opening and closing..he got on the headset and he said Oh God baby it is SO good to come home to you so I can just hear your voice. I knew then..nope HE is worth the wait.

It has been horrid to be away from him...but our love is deeper then any I felt and I know most folks would go STICK IT I cant do this anymore. Webcams and voice chat is on almost 24/7 so it feels like he is here...I know he will be home in a few months and if they denied us due to the fact that we could only afford one visit...well I will run away to him and not think twice or blink an eye..I just do not care where we live or where we go...Just so it is with him

Wow...that's some pocketbook! :blink:

HOLY MOTHER OF YODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure I'm not alone here...have u guys ever contemplated ending it with your SO just cause you couldnt handle the pain? I thought forget it, i'll just be single and live with my cats and be the crazy cat lady! :luv::jest: But then I realize, what on earth would i do? He has my heart, my future, my life is with him. Feel stuck between a rock and a hard place at times. I cant be without him yet I cant be "with" him...

Ok, enough of my pity party, I cant wait for tomorrow and these next 2 weeks! :dancing:

We had a rough patch near the beginning of the fall. We simply weren't used to being apart from each other like that and we found ourselves bickering constantly. Then we were reading into it and worrying if that meant our whole marriage would be unhappy bickering all the time.

Then one day, we just kind of snapped out of it and realized how silly we were acting. I think there was just this void in each of our lives and we were so frustrated that we couldn't control it. Now we're focusing on the future instead of the present, a lot, which isn't exactly ideal. But thinking about where we're going to live, planning wedding details, looking into jobs in the area, etc. allows us to take our minds off of how sad the situation is and feel like our marriage is more of a reality with each passing day.

Welcome to December, everyone!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Congratulations

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Cheap at 1/2 the price! :whistle:

Who in their right mind would pay that sorta price for a bag?? :wacko:

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Cheap at 1/2 the price! :whistle:

Who in their right mind would pay that sorta price for a bag?? :wacko:

how about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIGHT-LIPSTICK-RED-He...1QQcmdZViewItem

I could live happily for 4 yrs with that amount of money!

Ok peeps, time to change your calenders...its officially December!!!! woooooo Praise God! :dance:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i already got my case number last nov 17. whats next in this? can i take medical with just the case #? or i have to wait for the packet to arrive? how many days you think the packet will arrive from the date we recieved the case #?

:crying: whats frustrating in this is you dont know when it will arrive :crying:

my tears fall in reading the threads.. its really hard to say goodbye at the airport. sometimes i think im really tired of saying goodbye and waiting but then also i realize that if thats what it takes to have the man i love il just have to feel that feeling. i know soon we will be together.

but grrrrrrrrrr sometimes i cant help but feel frustated and just ended up crying. :crying: really thanks for the internet and webcam. i could watch him while his sleeping and he could watch me while im sleeping. hehhehe 24/7.. but feels like not enough because you cant hug him you cant kiss him. :crying:

Morning folks, OOOPS just tried to check USless and got this message....

It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the USCIS webmaster or the Customer Service Center for assistance.

Damn the Feds are onto me :whistle::whistle:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Be strong, I'll live the same situation in 1 week. My man is in France right now and leave next monday. I'm trying to enjoy my time with him without to think about the next goodbye... Love ya all VJs

Wouldn't it be cool if you got NOA2 this week?

It would be AWESOME cuz' when you get your NOA2 you can kinda have an idea of your "visa in hands" date, so we could have an idea of our next time together. Cuz' the hardest part is to say goodbye without knowing the next time you will see each other :(

Cham, it must be awful not seeing Kai in 1.5 years, I admire that you've been able to stick it out..

We've been very lucky indeed to have a total of 9 trips between us (over a period of 3 years since meeting in person) but sometimes I question why I do it to myself. Getting to see him, touch him, love him physically is something amazing, but the heartache that follows is something devastating, as you know..

wow! 9 times! how can u afford that?? I'm sure I'm not alone here...have u guys ever contemplated ending it with your SO just cause you couldnt handle the pain? I thought forget it, i'll just be single and live with my cats and be the crazy cat lady! :luv::jest: But then I realize, what on earth would i do? He has my heart, my future, my life is with him. Feel stuck between a rock and a hard place at times. I cant be without him yet I cant be "with" him...

I'm a full-time student, so am VERY careful with my student loan and use it to pay for my flights. I also get quite a lot of time off (about 6 months per year) so am lucky there.

Yes, sometimes I've been really frustrated with having to wait to be with him for "real" and during fights, I've said hurtful things like how I want to end it because I can't take it any more.. but he knows that it's just the frustration talking and that I don't mean it. And I always tell him so, after saying it. I just need to vent and say something extreme sometimes to express how miserable the distance and process makes me feel. He handles it a lot better than I do, and can patiently wait a long time knowing that the end will come. We both know that as much as I yell and mope about everything, I'll hang in there until the end. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.