5,491 posts in this topic

Yep, you are so right jokalu - apparently positive has no place here in this thread. Peeps just call names and attack you while defending their "right" to be obnoxiously pessimistic... It's appalling that some of the reactions were just, well, mean. As though no one had any right to look for any good anywhere because certain people are hell-bent on making everyone else just as miserable as they are.

I sure won't be looking for anything good here anymore.

I cannot begin to tell you how this pleases the rest of us.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Yep, you are so right jokalu - apparently positive has no place here in this thread. Peeps just call names and attack you while defending their "right" to be obnoxiously pessimistic... It's appalling that some of the reactions were just, well, mean. As though no one had any right to look for any good anywhere because certain people are hell-bent on making everyone else just as miserable as they are.

yawn

NOW listen YOU dont like it here then shoo go away...We miss our loved ones and YOU are sure being positive to...WOW so negative toward us...hmmm

*hands you a midol*

NOW BE NICE yourself

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I will join in your sadistic pleasure by doing the Happy Dance of Approval. Yep, not only did I get approved on time, but I also had missing documentation sent after the fact matched up perfectly! I sent an imperfect petition, and it was the likely cause of my approval coming a few weeks early because someone picked it up out of a pile and decided to just work on it.

Not only that, but the NVC mistakenly had the wrong embassy listed to send it to originally, but when I called to check I was able to get the error corrected in one day! Yep, one day. They were awesome. I'm a Lucky One. Doing a Happy Dance. Right here in front of you.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Or choke on it, whatever pleases you most.

Timeline

I will join in your sadistic pleasure by doing the Happy Dance of Approval. Yep, not only did I get approved on time, but I also had missing documentation sent after the fact matched up perfectly! I sent an imperfect petition, and it was the likely cause of my approval coming a few weeks early because someone picked it up out of a pile and decided to just work on it.

Not only that, but the NVC mistakenly had the wrong embassy listed to send it to originally, but when I called to check I was able to get the error corrected in one day! Yep, one day. They were awesome. I'm a Lucky One. Doing a Happy Dance. Right here in front of you.

WOW your name calling and attitude is way worse then any of u here...its ugly and crual and you have issues.../ignored THANK GOD FOR IGNORE!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Timeline

anyway back to HOW IS EVERYONE?????????????????

I understand from another post that CSC might be open today..it said they would be closed only on thanksgiving so maybeeee we will see approvals

USCIS SCHEDULE

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Sod off. You're boring..you know that?

Oh..just go away. And take your superior attitude with you.

Oh, I'd be glad to leave everyone alone with their misery; unfortunately, it seems to be permeating everywhere.

Then perhaps this forum is the wrong place for you. There are others.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is hilarious. :rofl:

It's sad if someone has nothing better to do than pick fights on the internet and then brags about how incompetent they are...I couldn't even fill out them ther furms cirrectaly and I still gots approvaed.

NOA 2. Really?

I think all of this is getting a little out of hand. I mean, if you're upset that you're away from your loved ones, vent about it. And if you're trying to be chipper and upbeat, share your positivity with everyone else in hopes that it will make them feel better.

I agree that this thread has been a bit more depressing this past month than it has been helpful. And if you don't like that (I can't say I do, but hey...everyone is under stressful circumstances) there are two ways of dealing with it. You can be all like "YOU ARE SO SPITEFUL AND MISERABLE. HOW DARE YOU BE UPSET THAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR NOA2 LIKE ME!", or you can share your optimism say "Hey everyone, remember why we're doing all of this! LOVE!"

I choose the latter.

And wow, Labhrais...just refreshed my page before I sent this...and now you're just being nasty.

Yes Cham, let's change the subject! Things are going well here. I'm fortunate enough to get to visit Sebastian a month from yesterday, so we're both very ecstatic and have been busy planning out our visit together. Our wedding/elopement planning is going really well, too! I have my dress, we have our venue, our photographer and we're working on our vows. Sebastian is writing a song for me to walk down the aisle to and we've decided to plan a big vow renewal reception at Christmas next year, so we're planning that. Lots of joy and love all around for us! Now we just need the NOA2. From the bottom of my heart though, I hope that every single person who applied before us is approved before we are. It's been difficult, sure, but I feel like we're taking things in stride more than a lot of people here are and I want those who are struggling more to have it before us. We're both very young, don't have overwhelming economic burdens, have been able to squeeze in one visit and, perhaps most importantly, we don't have kids who miss their mommy or daddy. You guys all really do deserve it ASAP and I'm anxiously keeping my fingers crossed for loads of approvals this week!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I bet they'll come through this week now that the holidays are over. Plus, alot of us will just be getting into the adjudication dates that we see on VJ by then.

NOA 2. Really?

As for the wedding ring question, Sebastian got his when he was visiting the U.S. this summer. He wanted to wear some sort of engagement ring too (which I thought was really sweet!) so we bought his wedding ring and he's wearing it on his right hand. We'll switch it to the left on our wedding day.

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I want. Something with white gold and diamonds. The Christmas sales should help! We thought about having ours engraved too. I think this is South Carolina's motto or something, but Dum Spiro Spero means, "While I breathe, I hope" and we both think that really sums up a lot of our relationship.

And I absolutely love yours, Shannon and Nick!

I like that one, we should send it to USless !!

:rofl:

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

I bet they'll come through this week now that the holidays are over. Plus, alot of us will just be getting into the adjudication dates that we see on VJ by then.

yes i have my fingers and toes crossed that uscis will go into overdrive and start pumping out those approvals for you guys!!! It has to happen soon!! i can just *feel* it!!! :star::star:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Well i dont think this guy take the time to read the full thread, couse yes we bring a hand, we bring a support, in bad or good moment, but like a flesh and blood, all have a hopeless days, so i dont care if he/she dont like my attitude, am a good person and thanks for make me laugh whit your existential thougts, god bless you and you be happy. :star:

Hello guys, how is your thanksgiving day? i miss my OS but we both hope the next year be togheter.......and celebrate in family.......... :D

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

I agree about the border thing. I wish they'd give some sort of provisional paper that takes the uncertainty out of travel while this is going on. We could afford extra trips but who wants to roll the dice with $1500 and get turned away because a customs agent didn't get their coffee that morning.

iahmjpinoyDo you read your posts before you hit the Add Reply button?

Corinthians, yes I do read my post before I hit "Add Reply" button, otherwise my post would REALLY offend alot of ppl that don't like getting straight talk :unsure: . I like to think that we're all adults and don't need our hands held cus we can't handle the short separation that we are going thru.... I'm sure everyone had a 'life' before meeting their SO, did that all of a sudden go away and now your life only revolves around your SO??? :whistle: Sometimes tough love is hard to swallow when you keep feeling self pitty for yourself cus you're not getting what you want as you watch other ppl getting theirs... In real life, life is never fair....

Visiting your SO doesn't mean only coming to the US, how about visiting them in their country if you have the money so they won't risk getting denied and wasting the $1500 for the trip.. :whistle:

Seriously, I just want to thank the ppl that gave me 'congrats' and in a way wish I didn't post my approval as it seemed to cause a lot 'moaing' by others..

Good luck to everyone and happy holidays... and speedy approvals to everyone!!! As I'll be leaving this thread as it seems more ppl are getting depress/upset as they see others getting approved, which is pretty sad...(yeah-yeah, I know, YOU have the RIGHT.. :bonk: )

Ingats lage!!!

(to anyone who might take offense to what I just posted, feel free to get the last word in if it will make you feel better :thumbs: )

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

anyway back to HOW IS EVERYONE?????????????????

I understand from another post that CSC might be open today..it said they would be closed only on thanksgiving so maybeeee we will see approvals

USCIS SCHEDULE

Would be fantastic if VSC & CSC are working today, an extra day in November to get approvals churned out! :thumbs:

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.