5,491 posts in this topic

WoW awesome gave me goosebumps literally. We are going to go with white gold to match her solitaire. I dont want anything fancy but I totally think the engraving you had done was totally cool....now I am thinking of something like that. Maybe Alexandra can give me a similar type of message in Spanish that we can have engraved.

Edited by subguy812

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo just to clarify IYO if circumstances have allowed you to see your SO during the petition process this stops your right to moan at the unfair way that applications are approved?? :unsure:

IMO It is human nature to whilst being pleased that someone has the NOA2 to feel insanely jealous that it's not yourself.

There is support in abundance in this thread for ALL the JULY filers, but freedom of speech does allow us to voice our opinions whilst they may not be everyones opinions.

Lets hope the approvals start rolling in for all, especially for those that have sat in this July waiting room together for so long offering support & advise when needed! :whistle:

Well, I actually had another chance to go back for 2/weeks, but decided my time off and money would be better suited to be used after she got her visa in hand. Everyone has the freedom of speech and voice/moan all they want about how unfair the way applications are approved, but some ppl just act like their life is going to end if it doesn't happen quickly. Some ppl will get lucky and get approved before the 6/months time frame, but trying to say ppl are not doing their job when they are not even over that 6/month processing period as stated by USCIS :unsure::whistle: , IMO is just funny(I myself wasn't expecting my approval till Jan, even though Igor was stating Dec. and I've been looking @ the average of 4/months for alot of ppl).... I guess that's where stress handling & maturity level comes into play, some ppl have a better handle on it than others, IMO....

But on the same note, sometimes having too much time on your hand can drive you crazy... and seeing ppl get approve b4 you can push your buttons even more.. but with anything, I have a job that takes up most of my time and I also keep myself busy with family and friends, life goes on....

Wishing everyone a speedy approval b4 the holidays are over.... now excuse me while I go fight the morning madness @ the stores and try to get some holiday deals!!!!

Ingats lage!!!

P.S. - I do like the inscription on Shannon & Nick rings..

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Soooo just to clarify IYO if circumstances have allowed you to see your SO during the petition process this stops your right to moan at the unfair way that applications are approved?? :unsure:

IMO It is human nature to whilst being pleased that someone has the NOA2 to feel insanely jealous that it's not yourself.

There is support in abundance in this thread for ALL the JULY filers, but freedom of speech does allow us to voice our opinions whilst they may not be everyones opinions.

Lets hope the approvals start rolling in for all, especially for those that have sat in this July waiting room together for so long offering support & advise when needed! :whistle:

Well, I actually had another chance to go back for 2/weeks, but decided my time off and money would be better suited to be used after she got her visa in hand. Everyone has the freedom of speech and voice/moan all they want about how unfair the way applications are approved, but some ppl just act like their life is going to end if it doesn't happen quickly. Some ppl will get lucky and get approved before the 6/months time frame, but trying to say ppl are not doing their job when they are not even over that 6/month processing period as stated by USCIS :unsure::whistle: , IMO is just funny(I myself wasn't expecting my approval till Jan, even though Igor was stating Dec. and I've been looking @ the average of 4/months for alot of ppl).... I guess that's where stress handling & maturity level comes into play, some ppl have a better handle on it than others, IMO....

But on the same note, sometimes having too much time on your hand can drive you crazy... and seeing ppl get approve b4 you can push your buttons even more.. but with anything, I have a job that takes up most of my time and I also keep myself busy with family and friends, life goes on....

Wishing everyone a speedy approval b4 the holidays are over.... now excuse me while I go fight the morning madness @ the stores and try to get some holiday deals!!!!

Ingats lage!!!

P.S. - I do like the inscription on Shannon & Nick rings..

Well, I think that we should close this conversation. The problem is not you of course, I'm happy about your approval which means that USCIS is working on end of july petitions. I don't care if the process is long, I don't have to get married tomorrow. The stupid point is that during the process (while they are checking if we are truly in love etc...) you can be denied at the border. It is maybe not the case for everybody but I have enough money to go back and forth to the US, but I can't do it cuz' I could be denied. So I'm ok if they need time to approve my case but I find horrible that they want us to be apart. That sucks. Congrats on your approval, I hope to see many ones next week, and I just find unfair to force lovers to be apart.

I have my man, my dog, my apartment, my friends in Cali, and I just want to be able to live my life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree about the border thing. I wish they'd give some sort of provisional paper that takes the uncertainty out of travel while this is going on. We could afford extra trips but who wants to roll the dice with $1500 and get turned away because a customs agent didn't get their coffee that morning.

iahmjpinoyDo you read your posts before you hit the Add Reply button?

NOA 2. Really?

I agree about the border thing. I wish they'd give some sort of provisional paper that takes the uncertainty out of travel while this is going on. We could afford extra trips but who wants to roll the dice with $1500 and get turned away because a customs agent didn't get their coffee that morning.

That would be a good idea, some sort of agreement eg where we could visit say 5 times and then the paper is "used" up with maybe a time limit of say 2-3 weeks.

Would the majority of people go thro all this hassle if we were just going to stay illegally???

They want us to prove an ongoing relationship but make it so hard in terms of getting to see each other. Ahh well we'll be "home" soon I'm sure :dance: :dance: :whistle: :whistle:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

That would be a good idea, some sort of agreement eg where we could visit say 5 times and then the paper is "used" up with maybe a time limit of say 2-3 weeks.

Would the majority of people go thro all this hassle if we were just going to stay illegally???

They want us to prove an ongoing relationship but make it so hard in terms of getting to see each other. Ahh well we'll be "home" soon I'm sure :dance: :dance: :whistle: :whistle:

INDEED ! The fact that we are doing the K1 process which is a pain in the butt is a good proof that we won't stay illegally ! We are following the USA immigration's rules and they keep being jerks ! An official document would be great. We should be able to cross the border any time we want with our NOA1 in hands. Before we began the K1 process Jamie called 2 times the immigration to ask if I can continue to go back and forth from France to the US (cuz' I was already doing it since december 2007, I stayed a total of 9 month in the USA but I never overstayed). The immigration officer said : We are positive, she can go back and forth, but until she get her visa K1 she will have to leave the US after the 90 days like all the other waiver tourists.

And now we are apart cuz' I can be denied... F*uck a duck (this one is especially for you Shannon ♥ Nick)

F*uck a duck (this one is especially for you Shannon ♥ Nick)

:lol: Thank you!!!!! :rofl:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

As for the wedding ring question, Sebastian got his when he was visiting the U.S. this summer. He wanted to wear some sort of engagement ring too (which I thought was really sweet!) so we bought his wedding ring and he's wearing it on his right hand. We'll switch it to the left on our wedding day.

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I want. Something with white gold and diamonds. The Christmas sales should help! We thought about having ours engraved too. I think this is South Carolina's motto or something, but Dum Spiro Spero means, "While I breathe, I hope" and we both think that really sums up a lot of our relationship.

And I absolutely love yours, Shannon and Nick!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

As for the wedding ring question, Sebastian got his when he was visiting the U.S. this summer. He wanted to wear some sort of engagement ring too (which I thought was really sweet!) so we bought his wedding ring and he's wearing it on his right hand. We'll switch it to the left on our wedding day.

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I want. Something with white gold and diamonds. The Christmas sales should help! We thought about having ours engraved too. I think this is South Carolina's motto or something, but Dum Spiro Spero means, "While I breathe, I hope" and we both think that really sums up a lot of our relationship.

And I absolutely love yours, Shannon and Nick!

I like that one, we should send it to USless !!

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

tND8m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep, if you have a miserable attitude and/or are willing to try to suck the joy out of a someone else's quick approval, this is your thread. This is where you can feel free to inflict your pain on others and not try to disguise it as mere jealousy or envy, but call it what it is: Pathetic.

Sign up below to climb on the Negative Nancy Bandwagon! It has an itinerary of all sorts of places: the first stop is Karma -- this is a great place where you reap the rewards of what you sow.

Show your determination to wallow in self-pity; this is the very dark and special corner of the Internet where you can weep the venomous poisonous tears of failed hopes and worst fears - and don't worry about flooding the place with it because overflow into other threads is expected and already happening. Another advantage: there's a black hole in the floor that you can fall into and infect all the others with your unhappy unluckiness.

Come in! Come in and sit on your very own Pity Pot - it's got your name engraved on the front and a list of all the people who unfairly got approved ahead of you straight at the bottom so you know precisely who to ####### all over. Also included: a nifty bag where you can hold all your grudges together in one place. There's an extra pocket for your sunglasses; you won't need them because there's nothing bright in the future, right?

The stench is normal - it's caused by all that overwhelming support you get from the other trolls holding your hand as you all pollute the atmosphere with your complaints. You know you suck, so suck it up! Never surrender to the idea that The Lucky Ones simply trying to enjoy their good fortune are merely happy, it's for sure that they are intentionally try to make YOU more miserable. Kill them with unkindness! Make lots of posts about how evil they are to be smiling when you yourself have nothing to smile about. Stomp your feet - don't forget to view their profile and try to find information to insult them with, either, or you'll lose your Pyrrhic Victory card.

Although some of us aren't with our loved ones today, it's Thanksgiving and we do have so very much to be thankful for. Someone we love, loves us back! And so what if they aren't here right this second, they want to be...and we are so very lucky - all of us -- to have found the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with.

There are so many very lonely people out there, still waiting to find their Mr. or Ms. Right...we might feel like we are being held up by the government but there are so many people that would love to be in our situation - to know that someone is waiting and waiting and willing to move halfway across the world just to be with them.

Instead of bemoaning the USCIS employees, let's all take some time and call that widow we know that's all alone Every Year (not just this year), or send an e-mail to that serviceman/servicewoman we know that is on deployment and can't be with their family either, or perform some other act of service for our local community. You are online already, go to Amazon.com and buy a toy for a kid who might not otherwise get one for Christmas. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner and be glad you aren't wondering where your next meal is coming from.

It might sound trite, but all of us, we really do have so much to look forward to when others don't have that same comfort - we are so blessed --- let's be generous and share some kindness instead of whinging.

Please?

I agree whit you too, am a charity person and i try do this all year no just in thanksgiving day,( but the way in guatemala we dont celebrate this date) but i believe too, that i have the righ to express myself, so this day is hopeless to me, im sorry if this bothering to you.

I'm with you on this one Jokalu, if I feel the need to moan about a ####### service I will, it has nothing to do with being uncharitable or taking the fantastic future I have for granted.

yes I am very lucky, I have found my true soul mate so Labhrais forgive me for getting annoyed and having a good old ###### about being kept away from the most important thing in my life, my future wife and our kids.

:innocent:;)

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

How is everyone today????

im BEAT had the HYPER grandchild stay the night ( she is almost 6) and let me tell you she was on giggle feast!!

HAHA Had a blast though BUT i look like ET ran me over with a space ship HAHAH

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, if you have a miserable attitude and/or are willing to try to suck the joy out of a someone else's quick approval, this is your thread. This is where you can feel free to inflict your pain on others and not try to disguise it as mere jealousy or envy, but call it what it is: Pathetic.

Sign up below to climb on the Negative Nancy Bandwagon! It has an itinerary of all sorts of places: the first stop is Karma -- this is a great place where you reap the rewards of what you sow.

Show your determination to wallow in self-pity; this is the very dark and special corner of the Internet where you can weep the venomous poisonous tears of failed hopes and worst fears - and don't worry about flooding the place with it because overflow into other threads is expected and already happening. Another advantage: there's a black hole in the floor that you can fall into and infect all the others with your unhappy unluckiness.

Come in! Come in and sit on your very own Pity Pot - it's got your name engraved on the front and a list of all the people who unfairly got approved ahead of you straight at the bottom so you know precisely who to ####### all over. Also included: a nifty bag where you can hold all your grudges together in one place. There's an extra pocket for your sunglasses; you won't need them because there's nothing bright in the future, right?

The stench is normal - it's caused by all that overwhelming support you get from the other trolls holding your hand as you all pollute the atmosphere with your complaints. You know you suck, so suck it up! Never surrender to the idea that The Lucky Ones simply trying to enjoy their good fortune are merely happy, it's for sure that they are intentionally try to make YOU more miserable. Kill them with unkindness! Make lots of posts about how evil they are to be smiling when you yourself have nothing to smile about. Stomp your feet - don't forget to view their profile and try to find information to insult them with, either, or you'll lose your Pyrrhic Victory card.

BLAH BLAH BLAH , this was a nice and happy thread till you came in. so why dont you go back to youre little hole and keep quiet.

Just because some of us have a hard time being apart from the ones we love and exercise the right to moan doesn't mean we're wallowing in self pity or trying to negate the success of others that have been approved before us.

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

tND8m4.png

Oh..just go away. And take your superior attitude with you.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep, you are so right jokalu - apparently positive has no place here in this thread. Peeps just call names and attack you while defending their "right" to be obnoxiously pessimistic... It's appalling that some of the reactions were just, well, mean. As though no one had any right to look for any good anywhere because certain people are hell-bent on making everyone else just as miserable as they are.

I sure won't be looking for anything good here anymore.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.