Ken y Leidys

Where did she go?

2,568 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I have been reading your story and updates here. I'm so sorry it ended this way but it seems like you kinda expected it...still it hurts to say goodbye for good. Stay strong, enjoy the days you have left in Barraquilla and have a good time at Cafe Del Mar.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

I have been reading your story and updates here. I'm so sorry it ended this way but it seems like you kinda expected it...still it hurts to say goodbye for good. Stay strong, enjoy the days you have left in Barraquilla and have a good time at Cafe Del Mar.

Sorry to hear, after all your worry. Best of luck, maybe you will get your Hollywood blockbuster. :)

I decided it would be best to stay my entire 7 days here in Barranquilla. I love this city, and I will certainly miss it. Onelis´younger sister has been trying to call me. ¿What for? I couldn´t reach her sister, but hopefully my clothing will arrive via American Airlines today so I can have a change of clothes.

I´m not angry at Onelis. Disappointed, but not angry. The Samuel Jackson thing was a joke. That robbery caught me off guard. I can´t wait to find out what Estefanie has to say (?). :whistle:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I decided it would be best to stay my entire 7 days here in Barranquilla. I love this city, and I will certainly miss it. Onelis´younger sister has been trying to call me. ¿What for? I couldn´t reach her sister, but hopefully my clothing will arrive via American Airlines today so I can have a change of clothes.

I´m not angry at Onelis. Disappointed, but not angry. The Samuel Jackson thing was a joke. That robbery caught me off guard. I can´t wait to find out what Estefanie has to say (?). :whistle:

Hey man probably the sisiter wants a little somethin'-somethin' :whistle: It wouldn't surprise me.My buddy knows all about those costenas.

Edited by panamania79

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

maybe opportunity knocking with the younger sister?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

maybe opportunity knocking with the younger sister?

That's what I'm talking about ! :devil:

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Reading a couple of other threads here in OT and this is pretty much the only one that I´ll allow myself to reply today.

Carajo Ken... I am very sorry to read those news. Lets see what happens before you leave.

BTW... that Café del Mar is the Ibiza, Spain location... The Cartagena location is literally on the Old city walls... both are reeeaaally nice in their own ways.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline

i dunno Ken maybe her sis wants to smooth things over a bit w/ you before you talk to Onelis again. i've been reading this thread since you started it the other day....outside looking in....Onelis may feel like she has to stay & break it off w/ you to try & help her family. the conditions you found when you got to her parents house sounded really rough. maybe she doesn't understand that her coming to America could help her family more financially than she knows....you seem like the kinda guy that would be more than willing to help her family out until she is able to herself...maybe she just doesn't want to ask you to do it......i don't know the whole story....but since you're staying there until your scheduled return. IMO- i don't think you should call it done just yet. talk to the sis & to Oneils again...you don't want to look back & say "what if"

7yqZWFL.jpg

I will probably call Onelis one more time before I leave. Just as a way to say goodbye in a dignified way.

Last month, her younger brother asked me for some cash. I gave him $400 just because I could, and I knew it would help some really good people out of a bad situation. Onelis tried to keep everything from me when her father was laid up in bed for 2 months. That was honorable of her. She never groaned about her existence in that barrio.

When she had the home invasion on New Yrs day, she felt so bad that I had to witness it. I will really miss her family, and I truly wish them all the best. I can´t make her change her mind, I can only walk away in peace.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Why bad mouth the ex VJ people? She changed her mind, but she didn't do anything horrible to the OP like take all his money or pretend she loved him to get a green card and run out on him later. Yes it's sad, as the end of all love affairs are sad but his ex isn't some worthless tart.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I will probably call Onelis one more time before I leave. Just as a way to say goodbye in a dignified way.

Last month, her younger brother asked me for some cash. I gave him $400 just because I could, and I knew it would help some really good people out of a bad situation. Onelis tried to keep everything from me when her father was laid up in bed for 2 months. That was honorable of her. She never groaned about her existence in that barrio.

When she had the home invasion on New Yrs day, she felt so bad that I had to witness it. I will really miss her family, and I truly wish them all the best. I can´t make her change her mind, I can only walk away in peace.

You are a good man, Ken, and she's a good person. (F) I apologize for my frankness here, but I'm wondering if her dire economic situation weighed heavy in her decision to date a foreigner in the first place? She obviously is very loyal to the family. It's an unfortunate situation and I hope that she and her family will make it, but a relationship built under such dire financial need is shaky at best. Hope you find peace and wisdom from all of this. :)

Edited by Jabberwocky

I apologize for my frankness here, but I'm wondering if her dire economic situation weighed heavy in her decision to date a foreigner in the first place?

I´ll never know what she is thinking, because sometimes with women, their actions don´t quite make sense to the male species. Yesterday, her sister tried calling me. This morning at 2 a.m., Onelis called the hotel, but I had already gone to sleep 1 hr. earlier. I have no idea what she is thinking, or trying to figure out. Now, her family might be putting the pressure on her to reconcile with me, but I´m not sure. I´m not trying to pull a Cinderella Story with Onelis like some American guys do w/ foreign brides. I am upside down in my mortgage, living smart, but lean, so Onelis would have had to work. No extra dollars sitting around.

Now, tonight, I had a date with Leidys. She is from Barranquilla, real intelligent, but she kept asking over and over, would I go back to Onelis, did I still love Onelis, etc. I told her, ¨Life is short, you can´t waste your time trying to figure out people that change their minds, you just have to move forward.¨

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

This morning, after visiting the Internet Cafe, I walked into the hotel lobby, and there was Onelis´ sister Stephanie sitting on a couch, looking at me. I did a double take, because I thought it was a ghost or something. She just stared at me, so I walked over to her and invited her to lunch. I had a date about 1 hour later, so I was in a rush, but she explained to me exactly what was going on in the family.

She explained, ¨My family is upset with Onelis´decision, but we know that there isn´t anything we can do about this.¨ Then came the barrage of questions.

1. Where have you been?

2. Why haven´t you answered your phone when we called? (even at 2 a.m.)

3. Are you seeing someone new?

4. How are you feeling?

So, I sat Stephanie down, and explained everything. That I have a new ¨friend¨and that we are enjoying our free time together. This surprised Stephanie, but I didn´t have any expectations, and I wanted someone to go to the movies with. Everything else just flowed.

I explained that her family meant the world to me, but that everything started and had to end with Onelis and I. I still cared deeply about her family, but it would be best to just stay away.

Stephanie told me that Onelis wanted to talk to me. So, I spoke tonight with Onelis. She will be at my hotel at 9 a.m. promptly. She was angry but firm with me about my new ¨friend¨, but that is sidestepping the original issue that no communication had been attempted and that she had called things off with me. Not the other way around. :wacko:

My new friend has really taken to me, and I´m just being myself. We went today to see the new Colombian movie ¨El Angel del Accordion¨ and had a wonderful time. I´m really enjoying myself here in Colombia, and I wish I didn´t have to return home quite so soon.

Tomorrow will be the real fireworks. I want to take Onelis someplace public where she will have to control her impulses - and where nobody will recognize us. :whistle:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Timeline
This morning, after visiting the Internet Cafe, I walked into the hotel lobby, and there was Onelis´ sister Stephanie sitting on a couch, looking at me. I did a double take, because I thought it was a ghost or something. She just stared at me, so I walked over to her and invited her to lunch. I had a date about 1 hour later, so I was in a rush, but she explained to me exactly what was going on in the family.

She explained, ¨My family is upset with Onelis´decision, but we know that there isn´t anything we can do about this.¨ Then came the barrage of questions.

1. Where have you been?

2. Why haven´t you answered your phone when we called? (even at 2 a.m.)

3. Are you seeing someone new?

4. How are you feeling?

So, I sat Stephanie down, and explained everything. That I have a new ¨friend¨and that we are enjoying our free time together. This surprised Stephanie, but I didn´t have any expectations, and I wanted someone to go to the movies with. Everything else just flowed.

I explained that her family meant the world to me, but that everything started and had to end with Onelis and I. I still cared deeply about her family, but it would be best to just stay away.

Stephanie told me that Onelis wanted to talk to me. So, I spoke tonight with Onelis. She will be at my hotel at 9 a.m. promptly. She was angry but firm with me about my new ¨friend¨, but that is sidestepping the original issue that no communication had been attempted and that she had called things off with me. Not the other way around. :wacko:

My new friend has really taken to me, and I´m just being myself. We went today to see the new Colombian movie ¨El Angel del Accordion¨ and had a wonderful time. I´m really enjoying myself here in Colombia, and I wish I didn´t have to return home quite so soon.

Tomorrow will be the real fireworks. I want to take Onelis someplace public where she will have to control her impulses - and where nobody will recognize us. :whistle:

This is turning into a real-life Telenovela.It reminds me of "Deciciones."

January 12,2011-RFE