Ken y Leidys

Where did she go?

2,568 posts in this topic

Jabber, they wouldn't be particulary intersted in him if he was a begger coming to stay - although how that would happen is anyone's guess.

I am sure American's are exotic for more than simply what is in their wallet, they represent the 'American Dream' which is more than just the money but to suggest they think he is exotic just because he comes from somewhere else and doesn't represent something that these people aspire to at some level is just odd. Not everyone would have been intrigued by him but to those that were the initial attraction is intertwined with all these 'hopes' of better things somewhere yonder.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting side note - I was introduced to the 'exotic' factor quite some time ago - in my late teens, in fact. I used to be very involved in sailing and where I lived our City hosted a lot of international sailing competitions (including the 1976 sailing Olympics). Our family ended up being the host family for sailors from a number of foreign countries, and I remember talking with one Australian while I was crewing for my Dad taking coaches and alternates out to the race courses. He told me Canadian women were so 'exotic'! To me, of course, Canadian women were so 'every day' - but Australian men were 'exotic' to me! Distance and cultural differences, regardless of whether money is involved or not, can and do make someone appear 'exotic' to some one else.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I think that's true of course. However you are talking about cultures that are different but equally robust financially. When there is a huge financial disparity between cultures then the interest of those with the lower income is bound to be coloured by the dreams of escape, at least for the young people, escape from the dead end. Not everyone is intersted in escaping or changing, in fact I think it's a small percentage of the total population but it's part of the package for those who do.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ken,

thanks for sharing. I hope that things work out for you one way or another.

Please don't let some of the meaner posts dissuade you from sharing.

Sounds like you have a personality and ability to keep a busy lifestyle. That may lend to some of the 'not getting it" by some folks around here. You go at your pace.

suerte,

Daniel

:energy:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

I would imagine if say, a Russian hockey team were staying a few days in a small U.S. town, the local single women would be looking to meet up with the players just because they are different and they know they won't be staying long. I don't think you can size up every local girl's attraction to an outsider because they see him as a ticket out of their meager existence. Sometimes being from the outside is intriguing or exotic enough to spark interest to the locals....and in Ken's case, he pointed that out - it wasn't just the local women, but the locals in general were intrigued by him. Perhaps some see him as a bag of money, but I doubt everyone does. To think everyone from a poorer country is intrigued by people with more money is as much a stereotype as these international dating services trying to sell romance.

I didn't say everyone from a poor country is looking for a ticket out. (And I don't think that.) But Ken's meeting women through the dating service, isn't he? Isn't that Maria's job? And he's moving from being in love with one to being in love with another. And there's nothing wrong with that (flings are fun) except if one sees it as a foundation for a marriage.

For his own sake, I hope he slows down and thinks. I'm not saying this to be mean, but he's placing an awful lot of faith in that all of these women are completely good-hearted women who have his best interests in mind. Not every fun relationship is marriage material.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I would imagine if say, a Russian hockey team were staying a few days in a small U.S. town, the local single women would be looking to meet up with the players just because they are different and they know they won't be staying long. I don't think you can size up every local girl's attraction to an outsider because they see him as a ticket out of their meager existence. Sometimes being from the outside is intriguing or exotic enough to spark interest to the locals....and in Ken's case, he pointed that out - it wasn't just the local women, but the locals in general were intrigued by him. Perhaps some see him as a bag of money, but I doubt everyone does. To think everyone from a poorer country is intrigued by people with more money is as much a stereotype as these international dating services trying to sell romance.

I didn't say everyone from a poor country is looking for a ticket out. (And I don't think that.) But Ken's meeting women through the dating service, isn't he? Isn't that Maria's job? And he's moving from being in love with one to being in love with another. And there's nothing wrong with that (flings are fun) except if one sees it as a foundation for a marriage.

For his own sake, I hope he slows down and thinks. I'm not saying this to be mean, but he's placing an awful lot of faith in that all of these women are completely good-hearted women who have his best interests in mind. Not every fun relationship is marriage material.

:thumbs:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That makes sense. :yes: It sounds to me from what Ken wrote is that although he initially found his way to Columbia through an international dating agency, he genuinely fell in love with the place and people, and they in turn were taken kindly to him. Jesus even told Ken that he grew up with a dislike of America, but obviously became a good frend to Ken. I think Ken's personality, like what Daniel posted above, has a lot to do with how the locals have responded to him. :)

Edited by Jabberwocky

We can judge and put our thoughts and comments into this thread. Personally, if I had been Ken reading some of these - I would have stopped posting a long time ago. He didn't let it deter him. That's something I like about him. He doesn't stop to correct someone's opinion of him - just to correct the facts as he sees them.

I think Ken is probably a really good video editor - as he was able to capture our thoughts and interest and make us feel like we can openly comment about these turn of events in his life. He told us his story and we cared in our varying ways.

I agree - he did a good job of getting us interested and holding the interest. I hope he keeps the thread alive with new stuff, and ignores the critical commentary.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is this our old friend first benjamin from cali???

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Is this our old friend first benjamin from cali???

:no:

not even close.

Daniel

:energy:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

I always wanted to travel to Colombia because I have loved the music made there. After seeing the film, "El Angel Del Accordion", that love for Colombian music grew exponentially.

I am definitely taking things very slowly.

In time, things will all work out...

El Angel Del Accordion

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: "There's no sense in getting all riled up every time a bunch of idiots give you a hard time. In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should."

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: "There's no sense in getting all riled up every time a bunch of idiots give you a hard time. In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should."

Huh? :blink:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg