Ken y Leidys

Where did she go?

2,568 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I still (L) you Ken. The rest were just fillers until you returned from ma and pops house. :P

Now tell me about someone pooping in the sink. No one told me how the sink got broken and I couldn't find the story between pages 1 - 45.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I go to my parents house for 3 1/2 hours, and my thread gets hyjacked...thanks a lot. :crying:

:devil: I tried to get them to behave. But they wouldn't listen... :innocent:

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

If Ken didn't attend one of these, my thinking is he should. Could be interesting and fun!

No need, no worries. I have this all covered, but thanks for the recommendation. I met a very nice young lady, but now that I am home, reality has set in, and so has the numbness from everything I have been through lately. These socials do look like a load of fun, though. My Spanish was so good this week that everyone I spoke to thought I was a local. In Tecate, Mexico last week, I was told that my Spanish was better than the Chicanos in the USA. So, I could go to a social and skip having a translator - CHEVERE!

Playing in Tecate, Mexico on July 5th with my friends:

DSC01169.JPG

I sent away for the video and I loved it. It looked like so much fun.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

I still (L) you Ken. The rest were just fillers until you returned from ma and pops house. :P

Now tell me about someone pooping in the sink. No one told me how the sink got broken and I couldn't find the story between pages 1 - 45.

Absolutely! Ken, in all sincerity please give us the rest of the story. Don't allow any one to bully you out of telling the whole story - or posting pics either. You really turned a negative into a positive for you in Columbia. The thread is so popular becuase we are all watching with interest - and some amusement. If you look at the posts while you were in the thick of it and since, I think you will see both shock/pain and humor. You have captured the imagination, and held the attention of VJ - no easy thing. I was not surprised to see you were in the entertainment field (at least part time). Let 'er rip Ken.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Absolutely! Ken, in all sincerity please give us the rest of the story. Don't allow any one to bully you out of telling the whole story - or posting pics either. You really turned a negative into a positive for you in Columbia. The thread is so popular becuase we are all watching with interest - and some amusement. If you look at the posts while you were in the thick of it and since, I think you will see both shock/pain and humor. You have captured the imagination, and held the attention of VJ - no easy thing. I was not surprised to see you were in the entertainment field (at least part time). Let 'er rip Ken.

What he said! :thumbs:

I was in a hurry to leave for a trip to the mall. While drying off after taking my shower, I leaned up against the sink, and WHAM!! SMASH!!! The hotel staff was instantly running upstairs to see where the noise had come from. I limped out of my room, and to the stairway - near THE couch, and the guys asked if I was, "Okay" and they sent their maintenance guy out for a look at the sink. I told everyone that I wanted to pay for the damage, that I felt bad about "Destroying" my hotel room, and they just laughed. I wasn't charged for the damage, and I have a friend off of VJ who will probably be staying there next month, so they will earn their money back for replacing the sink...

:dance: PLUR points for Hotel Caribbean Gold! :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed!!!!

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

DSC07804.JPG

The dog won.

While watching my Zune player get a badly-needed repair to its charging apparatus, my friend and I spotted a homeless man being followed by a growling dog. When the chair was raised, and the dog was yelled at, an entire mob of about 20 men began shouting loudly, and then punching and kicking the homeless man.

This time, the dog won.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Mission Accomplished...Onelis was spotted visiting one very last time with Ken in the lobby at the Hotel Caribbean Gold. On the phone, she sounded stern - almost angry. I had expected the worse. But in fact, Onelis was happy to see me. Thrilled. We talked, hugged, and kissed each other goodbye. After this moment, it was over forever. That's the way I wanted it to be. Over, simple, done...

DSC07770.JPG

I hope everyone enjoyed this brief window into my life. Los Angeles to Barranquilla and back was no easy feat. Thanks to my friends (new and old), and family, this was pulled off.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Future plans? I turn 40 a week from Monday. I have some incredible friends just south of the border in Tijuana, Mexico. They live 2 hours from me, and I really want to visit there. Currently, the city is a hotbed of violence between gun-totting gangs and military police. There are also families hosting debutante parties (Quinceañeras), BBQs at the local parks, Family fiestas at the beaches, or simple beer-drinking parties in their homes.

Tijuana, Mexico - parked on the beach:

Ken%20y%20Willy%20Playas%20de%20Tijuana.JPG

On my first marriage, I loaded up my pickup truck with friends and family, and about 8 of us headed to Tijuana to drink and celebrate.

After my divorce, I headed to Tijuana to recover and mentally regroup after joining in vain the same cult my wife had joined in order to somehow bring her back. There, my friends and support network waited patiently. Always with a bedroom for me to sleep, rest, or contemplate my next move. This had always been my favorite city on earth. Alive, passionate, full of life - breathing the pulse of humanity at every moment. But now, I have found a city on the coast of the Caribbean where the music sways with the palm trees. Where accordions fill the air and make everyone - young and old, smile to the intricate melodies. Barranquilla is my other favorite city. A destination for music, art, and to be with friends.

Julio - Onelis' father - a friend I will never forget:

JulioPinedo.JPG

Onelis and I - meeting in November for the first time (drop in weight due to stress in June '08):

Ken%20and%20Onelis%201.JPG

Onelis waiting for the bus to take us to Santa Marta on my first visit to Colombia - November '07:

Onelis%20at%20the%20bus%20stop.JPG

Traveling the streets of Barranquilla during a rain storm - November '07:

Rainy%20Barranquilla%20Streets.JPG

Edited by Ken y Onelis

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What is the prize?? broke bank account and a bi-polar knife weilding wife????

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Future plans? I turn 40 a week from Monday.

Ahhhhh this entire thread is making sense now!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen