What's next

Getting pregnant after failed interview.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This was just a theoretical question for me. My wife is in the States. This all came about when my wife asked me what would I have done if we didn't get the pink slip. We played the "Worst case senario and then what" game. If we a green/blue slip, then what? If they send our case back to USCIS, then what. If the lawyer can't help? If our future petitions get denied as well, then what? At that stage, the only real options are to separate, me moving over there or having a kid, hoping that would get the visa. Expecting the worst may be an unhealthly way of thinking but it was a serious issue and a forseeable reality. Did anyone prepare for this type of situation? Any of you guys thought of seperating if this were to happen? what would you have done in this situation. If you fought and tried for years, let's say 5 years, what would you have done?

I think I read somewhere that even in cases of pregnancy or a child, these things are just one factor for the consular officer to consider. It seems possible that they could fail to grant a pink slip because the child alone simply isn't enough evidence of a relationship, and may want genetic testing any way depending. Don't take the risk - if you are wrong the child suffers most I think. The stakes are too high.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Six years ago if your fiancee was pregnant they used to expedite the case to get her here sooner, but those days are long gone now.

Overall is probably a bad idea unless you really want a family and life together and not care where you live if you get turned down for visa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

New topic for discussion: What if Hitler and the Germans had developed the A-Bomb first? What would we have done?

Just be thankful none of that happened, and don't waste too much life energy on alternate universes. It's hard enough living in our own.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.