jundp

Seattle area VJ members

584 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Awww so sorry Olivia.. you will be with us in spirit.. so frustrating when one tries to plan things.. and then . work happens.. hugs..

Jundp.. .. Nikki my daughter would be happy to talk to you about that trip to Ireland.. she soo wants to go to Ireland. .. actually discussion last night was her asking how she can spend a month or so there traveling.. and such.. if there is a way a student could do it or she can do it right after graduation.... My answer to her was.. haha. of course there is a way.. it like everything else.. is all a matter of $$ lol..

Looking forward to things falling in place..

Maggie.. would you like me to call into the Merrakesh and have they take a deposit also from me? my portion? just let me know..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have to say also that at first I was a bit worried about the menu, because quite honestly there's nothing on there that my kids will really like, but we're adventurous people. And, we're coming more to meet people and put faces to names and have a chance to share with others who KNOW our experience firsthand. The kids can always eat before we come :)

Secondly, a huge thanks to Maggie for organizing this. Though I was hoping to get a gathering started, there's absolutely no way I could have organized this, planned and celebrated my wedding, gone on my honeymoon and gotten prepared for school to start too. THANK YOU MAGGIE!!!

We are kinda the same way. We have no experience with morrocan food and honestly aren't too sure about the menu but we are coming to see the people and make some new friends.

Thank you Maggie for organizing this :luv:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope the event turns out as good as it has been planned. Otherwise you'll all be chasing after me :bonk:

I had not had moroccan food before my first trip 2 years ago. It does look odd with the mix of sweet and savory, and I was a bit hesitant at first, but now I absolutely love the food and am glad I have been able to learn how to cook it since my husband has been here. I think most of you will enjoy it.

Yardie, if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel look in the Seatac/Tukwila area. It will be on your way in and out of town. Where are you coming from?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

My $.02 on the food issue: Its good stuff. Im a seriously picky eater and even more so since I started nursing, but Moroccan food is tasty stuff. I never touched it before my first trip to Morocco to meet DH, so I had no idea what to expect. The menu isnt too off-the-wall and for those unfamiliar with Moroccan food, couscous is almost always a safe bet. Its kinda like pot roast (with chicken) on rice (couscous).

Timeline
My $.02 on the food issue: Its good stuff. Im a seriously picky eater and even more so since I started nursing, but Moroccan food is tasty stuff. I never touched it before my first trip to Morocco to meet DH, so I had no idea what to expect. The menu isnt too off-the-wall and for those unfamiliar with Moroccan food, couscous is almost always a safe bet. Its kinda like pot roast (with chicken) on rice (couscous).

See yardie? Everyone loves your butterfly. :lol: I'm not the only theif around here. :innocent:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

See yardie? Everyone loves your butterfly. :lol: I'm not the only theif around here. :innocent:

:lol: I see! Glad y'all like it :D

I hope the event turns out as good as it has been planned. Otherwise you'll all be chasing after me :bonk:

I had not had moroccan food before my first trip 2 years ago. It does look odd with the mix of sweet and savory, and I was a bit hesitant at first, but now I absolutely love the food and am glad I have been able to learn how to cook it since my husband has been here. I think most of you will enjoy it.

Yardie, if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel look in the Seatac/Tukwila area. It will be on your way in and out of town. Where are you coming from?

Up near Bellingham.

Thanks for all the info on Moroccan food. I can't wait to try it :D

Hope I am not too late folks, I am in Seattle as well. Well Mountlake Terrace...

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Sure! whats the plan? I guess I have to read up, I just saw the thread earlier today about Seattle members.

My name is Freddy by the way.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

QUOTE(Olivia* @ Aug 12 2008, 03:43 AM)

The City: Seattle

The Meet: Marrakesh in Seattle

The Date: Saturday September 13, 2008

The Time: 8:15pm

The Nominated Mistress Organizer of the Event: Maggie724

For over 20 people: They want a $100 non refundable deposit in case we don't show. We can cancel up to 48hrs ahead.

Donations for the cause would be great too. To be given back at the dinner, by Maggie724.

It's an entire meal/entertainment experience. Make sure you take a look at the website in advance so you know how the menu is set up and pricing. The menu includes appetizer, main dish, soup I think and a dessert/mint tea for one price. I'm not sure about doing anything a la carte. It is not far from downtown Seattle so those of you that are touring around, we can see if there's anything we all want to do and maybe meet up early.

Day Tours some people are going on: Pikes Place, Space Needle, Underground Tour, Duck Tour. (Anyone interested in Duck Tour let me know. If we have at least 10 I can pre-buy tickets for a specific tour time.)

The List (cut and past to add your name)

(2) Janet + daughter age (16)

(4) Maggie+dh, ds (19) and dd (22)

(1) Olivia

(4) Ready4ONE & family [wife & 2 kids [g6 and b9] + (2) friends if they can go (K-1 couple from PI)

(1) Rajaa

(3) Steve y Jessica + daughter age (12)

(1) Henna

(4) Jen + Patrick + 2 kids (16 & 17) (or 16 & 9....depending on who comes...)

(2)or(3) Bonnie +1 kid(4yrs) and maybe hubby?

(2) Len_and_Bren

(1) YAZZ maybe hubby

(2) Yunwoo+1

(1) USARMY

(2) Yardie +1

(2) Renatchi+1

(3) Noura, Gabi and MarocAmer

Total 35 maybe 37

Freddy.. if you are wishing to join us... copy and paste.. adding your name to the bottom.. ..

read back a few pages... we have a handful of events planned for the day..

If you just wish to join for dinner.. .

it is 815 pm.. at Marrakesh.. on 2nd ave.. . .lMarrakesh

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Timeline
Hope I am not too late folks, I am in Seattle as well. Well Mountlake Terrace...

Freddie: You going to join us for the touring stuff in the day or just dinner?

We now have enough confirmed duck people to try and secure a specific time and get the discount. I'll call this weekend and let you all know. If you tell me in advance that you are coming I'll reserve you a spot on our duck. Otherwise you take your chances as to which tour time you can get.

Oh and I got to meet Henna and Jundp today!! :dance: Party is started. (see you down there henna)

Yardie: Maybe you can connect with Henna ahead of time since you are in the same city.

I was advised to put our screen names on the name tags. Are you all ok with that, since that is what we know each other as? Maybe some of you in hiding can tell your real name and I'll add it under the screen name?

Edited by Maggie724

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

sounds like a dangerous group to me :rofl:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS