Ban Hammer

monday thread?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

for no caffeine,,,you made perfect sense. Thx. I am thinking now it is not personal, he don't hate me...he is just having alot of stress running that business and he is taking it out on me. None of my coworkers can understand why it is ME he is riding. I am a firm believer that things do happen for reason, I call it 'going with the flow'.

:) I will make some calls today.

Well time to head to work. Put on my big girl face. I am a :star: and I deserve to be treated with professional respect. (positive affirmation ;) )

jj

ya'll have a good day. I won't be back til....8:30 pm if I am back sooner, I am unemployed..lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Jax, why don't you also call some of your flooring companies (the ones you sell in the store) and ask if they are looking for any reps in your area? Good luck girl.... I'm still waiting for that PM from you!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

I pm'd u for ur number and haven't gotten it yet Jax :unsure:

have a great day everyone!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Awwwww Jackie , i feel for you but girl don't quit your job til you have another one. I'm a bill collector and i see what the market is like out there. Our collections rate has gone down so much in the last year because the unemployment rate has gone up so much. Its so hard to find a job no matter how much experience you have.

I work for a good friend of 15 years and feel like she downgrades me in front of the other employees. I get yelled at for doin the same things the other 3 do and nobody else gets yelled at. So I put my big girl panties on as they say and just shut up do my job. And when i come home i usually ended up crying. I hear my hubby telling me it isn't worth the tears. And the next day or two its all over.

Thats just my two cents. Good Luck

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think most new employers will respect the two week notice and see u will do the same for them if needed..sometimes if there is a real need once the new place is arranged for whatever their reason a one week will at least help, but get the new one lined up first before anything is said. Dont give the notice and hope to have something in those two weeks, they may tell you go on and then you would have nothing to fall back on.

JOB FIRST - THEN NOTICE

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Poppin in to say hi. Miss you all - my MENA friends.

Work has drained all my energy these past few days -- I'm so ready for a vacation next week!

Jackie, a 2 week notice sounds good -- sounds like you have an idea what to look for next. Good luck!

Kelly, I imagine it's hard being a mommy -- baby's owwies are your owwies. He will be fine and still loves his mommy.

Everyone, have a wonderful day regardless of the dreaded M-day. Miss y'all!

-K

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

good morning and happy Monday all

jJ I agree, a two weeks notice is always good, you want to leave on a good note - you never know when you will need them for a reference or something but yes, I have been there certainly where I wanted to just stand up from my desk, give them all the finger and walk out. its hard not to sometimes.

Kelly, its really not THAT bad. give him some tylenol first but its tonite and tomorrow when his little legs will be very sore. Keep giving him the tylenol for 24 hours. and my nurse told me to try to move his legs around (like do the bicycle) several times in those first few hours before they get really sore so the medicine spreads out better and it will help alleviate some, not all, of the soreness. He'll probably just be really crabby and clingy, but it will pass in a day or so. At least you have a couple of days off.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Jackie, I have to agree with what seems to be the consensus so far: don't quit until you have another job lined up. This market is really tough right now, and you don't know how long it will take to get another offer. You might get something right away, or it might take a few weeks, and you don't want to be out of a source of income for a while. If you're sending out applications and going on interviews, I bet your outlook will be a lot better because you know you're doing something to make your situation better.

I worked at the same job for 5 years and loved my boss and my co-workers, but a new supervisor was hired who was a nightmare to work for. I was miserable, making barely any money, and didn't know what to do. I had good job security, so I didn't want to quit until the right opportunity came along. I sent out my resume, had a few interviews, and 6 weeks later, I was offered a job with a huge firm with much better benefits and a pay increase. I then gave my 2 weeks' notice, which seems to be pretty standard around here, and told my new employer that I needed 2 weeks before I could start, and it wasn't a problem.

Good luck... I'm sure everything will be great!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

sara, i will do that, thank you...Hows amirah feeling? any better? shes just too darn cute!!

Jac, pm me your number!! so i take it i cant be sending ya any more pics of zaid via text?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
I really appreciate the advice, I don't have anyone here to bounce things off of...just La Princessa. So, line up interviews (ewww) get a job, then give my notice.

Yeah Jackie... I took a job that paid less but closer to home (the gas prices were making it nearly impossible to afford the job) but now I am being paid far less than comfort so I am hunting for a job while working the one closer. Not sure if that makes sense but i can't afford to go without a job long. Good luck I am a retail manager so I know what it's like to get yelled at everyday. I am just looking at trying to get out of the industry myself but the sad thing is 15 years as a store manager has type casted me.

This is my Sunday.... tomorrow back to work I go.

uggghhhh Waiting for my husband again, he finds out today if he gets his work visa for Spain.. it was at 8 am his time (midnight last night mine) and I haven't heard from him yet... :blink:

Timeline
good morning and happy Monday all

jJ I agree, a two weeks notice is always good, you want to leave on a good note - you never know when you will need them for a reference or something but yes, I have been there certainly where I wanted to just stand up from my desk, give them all the finger and walk out. its hard not to sometimes.

Kelly, its really not THAT bad. give him some tylenol first but its tonite and tomorrow when his little legs will be very sore. Keep giving him the tylenol for 24 hours. and my nurse told me to try to move his legs around (like do the bicycle) several times in those first few hours before they get really sore so the medicine spreads out better and it will help alleviate some, not all, of the soreness. He'll probably just be really crabby and clingy, but it will pass in a day or so. At least you have a couple of days off.

I always gave the kids Tylenol before the shots to get a leg up on the shots.... funny thing is in the Army when we had those "revolving door" immunizations we had to do pushups after every round....lol we had our shots in our arms so same philosophy as the bicycle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.