J & Q

Visa canceled

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well my fiancee went back to turn in the requested information per the blue slip last Thursday. Apparently the consulates office told her that they are not accepting blue slips and that she will have to come back on Monday. She went back yesterday with all of the information in hand and apparently they canceled the petition and are sending it back to the US. I really don't understand how they can do this after we have given everything and more of what they requested. I even had my congressman contact the consulate after the last incident. We both are so distraught right now and don't know what to do. She is supposed to be sending me the denial slip soon.

Has anyone else ever been through this or no of anyone who has? If so what did you/they do?

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Well my fiancee went back to turn in the requested information per the blue slip last Thursday. Apparently the consulates office told her that they are not accepting blue slips and that she will have to come back on Monday. She went back yesterday with all of the information in hand and apparently they canceled the petition and are sending it back to the US. I really don't understand how they can do this after we have given everything and more of what they requested. I even had my congressman contact the consulate after the last incident. We both are so distraught right now and don't know what to do. She is supposed to be sending me the denial slip soon.

Has anyone else ever been through this or no of anyone who has? If so what did you/they do?

I just want to say I am SO SORRY you are going through this. I feel very bad for what you are going through. I just think too many "relative introductions" have been scams in the past and it just makes the consulate jaded. :( However, they should not assume just because you met through relatives that the relationship isn't a real one. They should look at ALL the evidence as a whole, not one thing.

I forgot to ask you, your best friend introduced you guys, right? How is HE related to her?

Anyways, take care of yourself and never give up the fight...

ILOVETAN

Timeline

Thanks. In response to your question, my best friend is her cousin. We are at a loss right now. I am going to try and contact my senator and congressman/woman today and see what they can do to help.

I just want to say I am SO SORRY you are going through this. I feel very bad for what you are going through. I just think too many "relative introductions" have been scams in the past and it just makes the consulate jaded. :( However, they should not assume just because you met through relatives that the relationship isn't a real one. They should look at ALL the evidence as a whole, not one thing.

I forgot to ask you, your best friend introduced you guys, right? How is HE related to her?

Anyways, take care of yourself and never give up the fight...

ILOVETAN

4432.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You have precious little time to keep the petition in HCM now.The first thing to do is get a competent attorney that knows the inner workings of the consulate there and do all you can to keep the petition there and address the reasons on the blue slip. Contacting your senator may help but now is time for fast action. The last thing you want is the file sent back to USA

Good luck

Craig

Timeline
You have precious little time to keep the petition in HCM now.The first thing to do is get a competent attorney that knows the inner workings of the consulate there and do all you can to keep the petition there and address the reasons on the blue slip. Contacting your senator may help but now is time for fast action. The last thing you want is the file sent back to USA

Good luck

Craig

Craig,

How much time do we have? I contacted Marc Ellis but he won't be back to Ho chi Minh until July 10. :(

4432.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I know each consulate is different but from what I have read of others having this problem it is usually a two week period,but i honestly do not know for sure. With the 4th of July holiday maybe will give you more time.Sorry I could not give a better answer.

Good luck with this.

Craig

Timeline
I know each consulate is different but from what I have read of others having this problem it is usually a two week period,but i honestly do not know for sure. With the 4th of July holiday maybe will give you more time.Sorry I could not give a better answer.

Good luck with this.

Craig

Craig,

Beleive me, I appreciate any information that you or anyone elses can provide me with. I am at a complete lost as to what to do. I feel like I am at the edge ready to jump.

4432.gif

Timeline

Sorry to hear the bad news. My fiancee has her interview in july and i have plenty of evidence, but i was also introduced by a family member. i was introduced by her aunt, who i have been friends with for a while. she didnt initiate the relationship though i did, but am not sure if that matters. i was looking though some photo albums and saw vans picture and wanted to meet her. she had a bf at the time so i had to wait a few months, but it has worked out good so far. :) hope you can get everything cleared up soon.

rodney

Timeline

J,

There are a couple of us currently in the same boat as you. To answer you question, it usually takes a month or two before they send the case back. However, I spoke with ME last week and he told me this is the time the embassy workers take vacation. So either one or two things might happen. Either the chief CO, who has to review the case before its sent back, will either try to clear off his desk and rubber stamp everything, giving us less time, or he will let our cases sit until he gets back from vacation, in which we would gain some time. This is just speculation, but sound logical.

Timeline

It seems that if you are introduced by a family relative of the beneficiary, its almost an automatic rejection, no matter what your proof is. I know there is a lot of fraud, but it seems like they just dismiss cases out of hand. This seems to be the same battle a lot of us are fighting. A US relative makes an introduction, and whammo you are branded as a sham. You are presumed guilty and must prove your way out of it. No matter how good you think your proof is, it won't be enough.

Hate to sound defeatest, but I'm pretty beat down about the whole thing.

My advice is get in touch with Marc Ellis, and pester your congressman.

Good Luck

Timeline
J,

There are a couple of us currently in the same boat as you. To answer you question, it usually takes a month or two before they send the case back. However, I spoke with ME last week and he told me this is the time the embassy workers take vacation. So either one or two things might happen. Either the chief CO, who has to review the case before its sent back, will either try to clear off his desk and rubber stamp everything, giving us less time, or he will let our cases sit until he gets back from vacation, in which we would gain some time. This is just speculation, but sound logical.

So what are we to do from here? I already left a message with my Congressman who contacted the CO last week. It sounded like per his email that all we had to do was submit the documents as requested by the blue slip and we would have our pink slip. It did not however turn out that way though. I don't know what the next step will be. ME is in the US and won't be back in HCM until 7/10. She is going to try and meet with one of his co-workers tomorrow morning to see what they can do.

4432.gif

Timeline
It seems that if you are introduced by a family relative of the beneficiary, its almost an automatic rejection, no matter what your proof is. I know there is a lot of fraud, but it seems like they just dismiss cases out of hand. This seems to be the same battle a lot of us are fighting. A US relative makes an introduction, and whammo you are branded as a sham. You are presumed guilty and must prove your way out of it. No matter how good you think your proof is, it won't be enough.

Hate to sound defeatest, but I'm pretty beat down about the whole thing.

My advice is get in touch with Marc Ellis, and pester your congressman.

Good Luck

It is just such a shame that those of us who have a true and legitimate relationship have to go through this. Believe me, I have already contacted ME and left my Congressman a message. I am composing an email to the Congressman and Senator now.

Edited by J & Q

4432.gif

Timeline
So what are we to do from here? I already left a message with my Congressman who contacted the CO last week. It sounded like per his email that all we had to do was submit the documents as requested by the blue slip and we would have our pink slip. It did not however turn out that way though. I don't know what the next step will be. ME is in the US and won't be back in HCM until 7/10. She is going to try and meet with one of his co-workers tomorrow morning to see what they can do.

I am not putting much stock in our senators and congressmen. First off, they do not weild the power to supercede the CO's decision. At best, they might convince a CO to hold the case for further review as some sort of political favor. Secondly, I have never heard of a senator getting involved. So far, all mine have done is sent me political spam on my voicemail about unrelated political endeavors. And third, this chief CO seems like the kind of guy who does not like to be second guessed. I am worried that IF my senator DID call him, it might hurt more than help.

Also, we all (those of us being currently denied) got that first blue slip where we thought we would just need to give some more proof. To me, that 1st one seems to just buy them some time to write up the refusal.

What to do now? Its pretty nebulous. I want to hire ME but my fiance is not so sure that he can help at this point. The bottom line is we have provided the embassy with all the proof we have. What more a lawyer can do is unknown. Hard to swallow the idea of spending thousands of dollars on a lawyer, when we may simply have no ther option than to re-apply in the end.

J&Q,

I was once in your shoes and I know the feeling. No word is strong enough to describe such horrible feeling. So, you have my sympathy. I really do not know how and when they will send your case back stateside but once the case is here in the US, you have 30 days to appeal but do not wait till the last minute because they usually will cancell the petition as soon as 1 week. ME must have some sort of representative in Saigon to take care of his business on his behalf, don't you think? So, maybe you can contact him again and ask for what you or his people in VN can do to stall the case from being sent back? It is best to keep it there. I know it is seasier said than done but all I can do is to offer you my limited advice and support. My friend, hang in there.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.