pavlinka18

conditional card received - my husban is trying to deport me

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

I'm sorry this is the type of individual which you ended up with.

I know exactly the type you are talking about. They either have a lot of money or pretend like they have a lot of money, and they are almost ALWAYS as the Armenian saying goes, "aprumen mor peshi tak," which sounds a little weird if I translate that word for word, but it basically means living on momma's income.

They are overly infatuated with themselves and think of themselves as more "manly" if they sleep around with prostitutes, have a girlfriend and a mistress on the side. Furthermore, they will refuse to drive any vehicle that is not a Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW or Mercedes. Their role models are idiots like "50 Cent" and the like. They listen to their music and think that's what being "cool" means.

They are selfish and highly self-conscious, they think that their peers will not perceive them as "masculine" unless they display strong qualities of the typical male chauvinist who deserve no love of any female counterpart. They like to brag about how much money they have and how they "roll."

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

By reading these posts it happened to encourage me to ask this, since I could see that things like that happened to others too. I'm completly lost, devastaded and affraid of what might happen to me. I've been granted with my CR1 visa last month and right after that my husband and I got separated and I really don't know what is going to happen from now on or about our future, I really don't know, but I'm affraid of going to US, cause right now we're no longer together. We got married in October, 13th 2006. Anyway I still want to go to US, even if I'm not going to live with him, I don't even know if this is a definate situation between us. Anyway, I'm afraid that he goes to immigration and tell them that we're not together anymore and at POE I face problems with the IO.

Since I've married I've stoped working because we both agreed I should spend the time I had left here with my family before I go to live with him, we didn't think it would take that long to get my visa, we're far from knowing that it would take that long and it seems time and distance ruined our relationship. Now, after almost 2 years married to him just counting down the days to be with him, waiting to live a life with him, our dream was about to come true, I feel moral, emotional and prophessional harmed by his decision of breaking us apart. He had this same atitude last year (2007) in August and we staied 5 months apart and got together again in January (2008) and now he did the same a few days after I got my visa in July.

I have all the evidences that we had a bonafide marriage, over 3000 emails, lots of photos with friends and family together, wedding cards, letters from him, joint bank accounts here in Brazil, a power of attourney from him to me to fully manage bank accounts in Brazil.

I don't want to start my life here since I've been waiting for so long to begin a new life in US with him and now since itwas his decision not to stay with me anymore and at least I want and feel that I have the right to choose how and where I should live. We're not divorced and I don't know if we will..I don't want to give details in here because it's painful to me doing so, it's not being easy to deal with this situation right now, but I don't his decisions after 2 years of my life dedicated on us to determine now that I don't have options and don't have the right to choose what I want to do with my life now.

I'd be glad to read any advices, good or bad...just don't want anyone judging me because I think and feel that I have the right to choose where I want to live now. Just a reminding that things like this happens to couples that were in love from the begining...unfortunately it happened to me and my husband!

PS: He's an american citizen now, but he's also a brazilian citizen borned in the same city as me and we first met 17 years ago when we were teenagers and dated for 2 years, he left to US in 1991 and we met each other again in 2006 and got married here in Brazil 4 months later. And I have evidences of all this.

God bless you! :help:

Filed: Timeline
By reading these posts it happened to encourage me to ask this, since I could see that things like that happened to others too. I'm completly lost, devastaded and affraid of what might happen to me. I've been granted with my CR1 visa last month and right after that my husband and I got separated and I really don't know what is going to happen from now on or about our future, I really don't know, but I'm affraid of going to US, cause right now we're no longer together. We got married in October, 13th 2006. Anyway I still want to go to US, even if I'm not going to live with him, I don't even know if this is a definate situation between us. Anyway, I'm afraid that he goes to immigration and tell them that we're not together anymore and at POE I face problems with the IO.

Since I've married I've stoped working because we both agreed I should spend the time I had left here with my family before I go to live with him, we didn't think it would take that long to get my visa, we're far from knowing that it would take that long and it seems time and distance ruined our relationship. Now, after almost 2 years married to him just counting down the days to be with him, waiting to live a life with him, our dream was about to come true, I feel moral, emotional and prophessional harmed by his decision of breaking us apart. He had this same atitude last year (2007) in August and we staied 5 months apart and got together again in January (2008) and now he did the same a few days after I got my visa in July.

I have all the evidences that we had a bonafide marriage, over 3000 emails, lots of photos with friends and family together, wedding cards, letters from him, joint bank accounts here in Brazil, a power of attourney from him to me to fully manage bank accounts in Brazil.

I don't want to start my life here since I've been waiting for so long to begin a new life in US with him and now since itwas his decision not to stay with me anymore and at least I want and feel that I have the right to choose how and where I should live. We're not divorced and I don't know if we will..I don't want to give details in here because it's painful to me doing so, it's not being easy to deal with this situation right now, but I don't his decisions after 2 years of my life dedicated on us to determine now that I don't have options and don't have the right to choose what I want to do with my life now.

I'd be glad to read any advices, good or bad...just don't want anyone judging me because I think and feel that I have the right to choose where I want to live now. Just a reminding that things like this happens to couples that were in love from the begining...unfortunately it happened to me and my husband!

PS: He's an american citizen now, but he's also a brazilian citizen borned in the same city as me and we first met 17 years ago when we were teenagers and dated for 2 years, he left to US in 1991 and we met each other again in 2006 and got married here in Brazil 4 months later. And I have evidences of all this.

God bless you! :help:

Whatever you decide to do with the CR-1 visa, you would be required to remove any conditions on your permanent residence two years hence if you choose to travel to the USA on it. How could you expect to do that, if the marriage is in a terminal state before you even arrived in the USA?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.