GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
As we make it more difficult for them to marry an American,

I know this is *so* yesterday, but I keep stumbling on statements like the above. Can someone explain to me how any of this is making it more difficult to marry an America (or the other way 'round, how this is making it more difficult to marry a non-American)?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hope that´s ´cus of the situation, and not for me. :o

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

After 92 pages, I believe someone that followed the whole discussion from the beginning should point out some achievements or conclusions....

Stuff like: does IMBRA, so far, affected everyone in general or just couple that met online, or with the beneficary from specific country, or again in which the petitioner (US Citizen) is male?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This question has been answered many times, including in topics destined for that purpose only,

IMBRA affects EVERYONE. Males, females, online, offline, it doesn´t matter.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I just got this email from my Senator's aid. Hope you like it!!!!!

Mr Gary _____,

I just received a voicemail from California Service Center and they informed me that RFE’s just started being sent out. Hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Tim Sullivan

Office of Senator ####### Durbin

P.S.

My lawyer also emailed me saying he has started getting RFE's also. Here we go!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Mr Gary _____,

I just received a voicemail from California Service Center and they informed me that RFE’s just started being sent out. Hope this information helps.

Thanks.

Tim Sullivan

Office of Senator ####### Durbin

P.S.

My lawyer also emailed me saying he has started getting RFE's also. Here we go!!!!

Great! I am very happy for you and the people that got stuck in IMBRA and CSC !! Good luck with everything !!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Nice, I was starting to worry - or just feel jealous of VSC petitioners :P

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mr Gary _____,

Thanks.

Tim Sullivan

I'm having a hard time believing this since we haven't gotten the big notice on the online case status or emails yet.

Plus, I sent an email to CSC last week to ask when the RFEs were going to be sent and what the procedure would be for transferred petitions in terms of place in line. Their response was (word for word):

The petition is at this location and is pending processing, it was received June 1, 2006. Please inquire again in 45 days to allow processing to occur.

UGH

After 92 pages, I believe someone that followed the whole discussion from the beginning should point out some achievements or conclusions....

Stuff like: does IMBRA, so far, affected everyone in general or just couple that met online, or with the beneficary from specific country, or again in which the petitioner (US Citizen) is male?

Right now IMBRA is affecting everyone that has filed a I-129F petition for fiance/spouse since March 6, and has done for quite some time now. This has been due to the lack of readiness in the implementation of the new requirements by USCIS/DHS to be compliant with the IMBRA. Everyone has been in limbo waiting for the RFE or the new I-129F. Once the time comes where the backlog has been diminished because of this, all it will be is answering a couple of extra questions on the I-129F and the only ones that will need to submit anything additional will be those USC petitioners male & female that have criminal convictions.....or filing a waiver for having had multiple petitions.....anything else is a simple question.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lorelle,

I posed a question that seems to have been passed over....

You speak of waiver that is needed for multiple K filings - something to address the "serial" applicant. But, the RFE form posted on the forum from Vermont also seems to require a waiver request for anyone that has a criminal record. Is that how you view the RFE?

My understanding certainly was that the waiver did not come in to play on the criminal record, and that the purpose of the law was to simply disclose prior crimes to the beneficiary to insure that they were entering in to a fully informed relationship. Now, the RFE form almost looks like there will be denials of the application for certain crimes (which may only push some to marry overseas and seek K3), irregardless of the beneficiary's desire and wishes.

What is your take on the RFE?

08-20-2004 First letter from my Princess

01-01-2005 Birthday celebrations in Simferopol

07-23-2005 Return to Crimea - Vacation on the beaches of Yalta & Koktebel with Valentyna

01-01-2006 Celebrate another Birthday of my Princess in Yalta

01-06-2006 Engagement!!

04-20-2006 Send I129F to NSC

04-21-2006 I129F received - NOA1

04-26-2006 touched

06-01-2006 touched (CSC transfer)

06-02-2006 touched

06-03-2006 touched

06-15-2006 touched (another NOA1 receipt date?!)

06-23-2006 RFE issued (according to form notice date)

06-26-2006 touched

06-29-2006 RFE mailed from CSC (according to postmark)

07-07-2006 RFE received in mail

07-15-2006 touched

07-19-2006 RFE response mailed to CSC by USPS Express

07-20-2006 USPS confirms AM delivery of RFE response to CSC

07-27-2006 Official RFE response receipt acknowledged by email

09-01-2006 touched - NOA2 received

09-05-2006 email notice of NOA2 approval

11- -2006 two days of interview concluded - decision withheld

03-31-2007 second interview

07- -2007 K1 received on return to CSC

Lorelle,

I posed a question that seems to have been passed over....

You speak of waiver that is needed for multiple K filings - something to address the "serial" applicant. But, the RFE form posted on the forum from Vermont also seems to require a waiver request for anyone that has a criminal record. Is that how you view the RFE?

My understanding certainly was that the waiver did not come in to play on the criminal record, and that the purpose of the law was to simply disclose prior crimes to the beneficiary to insure that they were entering in to a fully informed relationship. Now, the RFE form almost looks like there will be denials of the application for certain crimes (which may only push some to marry overseas and seek K3), irregardless of the beneficiary's desire and wishes.

What is your take on the RFE?

It is asking for the exact same information that is now also requested on the new I-129F and what is entailed in the IMBRA.

K-3's appear to be just as caught up in IMBRA as K-1's.

The waiver for violent crimes could very well be to not have this disclosed to the beneficiary, especially as waivers for convictions according to the I-129F instructions and the IMBRA can only be sought under specific circumstances. To my understanding it is totally up to the beneficiary when informations is disclosed, as to whether they wish to continue with the visa application.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Got the following from my lawyer today.

Not sure if it helps at all.

Just makes me feel that the USCIS is not keeping there information up to date enough for us.

"CSC is up to March 6, 2006. We have received several adjudications from cases receipted March 5, 2006 and earlier. NSC no longer does I-129F filings so their update is worthless information. We have not yet received a RFE. Follow up with me early next week for an update. Try and have a good weekend..."

my question was

"I have noticed that Califorina has updated there I-129f to Feb 15th and

Nebraska has moved theres to May 29th. It is bull on the USCIS's part if they are going to

process people that applied after me because they screwed up. Can you shed

any light on this?

Also I have understood that RFE's will be sent out some time this week for

those that did not conform with IMBRA."

:huh::huh:

This situation is :wacko: and makes you want to :crying: .

-------------- K1 Timeline --------------

2005: we met online

11-2005: started our relationship online

02-19-2006: Met Liliya in her home city Tashkent, Uzbekistan

03-03-2006: Proposed (day before I left)

04-12-2006: I-129F Sent to NSC

04-17-2006: I-129 NSC received (NOA1)

06-01-2006: I-129F transfer from NSC to CSC

06-02-2006: I-129F CSC must have received I-129F's

07-03-2006: Touched (RFE e-mail notice that it was sent, Received it, Sent it back) all in the same day

07-04-2006: Touched (worked on the 4th of July????)

07-05-2006: Touched (at 9:53am est, little early for CSC hmmmmm)

07-17-2006: Touched (and E-mail saying they have recieved my RFE)

10-21-2006: Touched (hmmmm something wrong with how long it has taken them?)

10-23-2006: Touched (hmmmm maybe my calls once a week to congressmen and senators office helped?)

10-25-2006: Touched at 9:30 est (kinda early for the CSC hmmm, I think they are messing with me now)

looks like they sent the NOA2 on this day

10-28-2006: Received Snail mail for NOA2 on 10-23-2006 (why didn't they update the web site)

11-02-2006: 5 emails saying approved I-129f ???huh??

11-03-2006:

and the waiting continues

Joe usa.gif and Liliya uzbek.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.