GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Question for you all....

I sent a letter to both of my Senators regarding this whole situation May25th. On Friday I got a letter from Senator #1 who contacted USCIS. The OMB pulled my application and told the senator my application was submitted on the 19th of May(actually it was the 2nd of May). The letter then went on to state about the new form that is coming and the pending RFE's etc. Then on Friday I got a call from Senator #2 asking if there was anything they could do to help.

Here is my question. In contacting them I did not ask for help with my application specifically. I just asked if they could get some answers for me. I did not include my case number but yet USCIS looked at my case and gave Senator #1 my (wrong) petition date. I'm hoping I haven't sh*t canned myself in contacting the senators. Is this possible? I'm concerned about "additional security checks or name hits" or whatever it is called.

Next, I am to call Senator#2 back on Monday with any additional concerns. If I have screwed myself

should I go for the full Monty and have Senator#2 contact USCIS/OMB. I'm inclined to have #2 not make any inquires on my behave at this time until I need them later.

What do you guys think?

:unsure:

WOW - how did you get such fast and helpful service from the Senator's office? It took them weeks to call me (also IL) and when they finally did the person was not helpful at all.

Anyway, contacting the Senator's office isn't going to cause trouble for you if that's what you are worried about. And since you filed just last month ago, it's much too soon for them to be questioning your case status. It won't hurt to talk to Senator #2 about your concerns - that's part of their job. But you may want to hold off on checking your case until you have reason . . .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Actually I"m an Indiana resident with a LONG...... voting record so maybe that's why I got the fast response.

Or maybe the articles in the papers helped to catch they're attention coupled with my letter..I just don't know. I just got a little nervous when they said the OMB looked at my application....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you guys think there´s any chance these RFEs sent by VSC last week are not about IMBRA?

I think it could be people who would get a RFE anyways, and that would explain the nonsense about the order of NOA1.

Maybe it´s their way to get something done while preparing their staff for the new checks.

Just a thought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Do you guys think there´s any chance these RFEs sent by VSC last week are not about IMBRA?

I think it could be people who would get a RFE anyways, and that would explain the nonsense about the order of NOA1.

Maybe it´s their way to get something done while preparing their staff for the new checks.

Just a thought.

My first thought is that is doubtful - I think they have just screwed up royally, again. on handling this. But I sure hope I am wrong and they take of recalled cases tomorrow!

Timeline

Just a thought.

My first thought is that is doubtful - I think they have just screwed up royally, again. on handling this. But I sure hope I am wrong and they take of recalled cases tomorrow!

I don´t think they will..

I mean, imagine how many meetings they had to get things sorted.

Obviously they talked about the recalled cases when they made a plan.

There must be a reason why they didn´t touch us yet.. it can´t be just because they forgot about it, or because it´s not on their desk.

I´m calling them tomorrow but I´m sure the person who´ll take my call won´t say anything about it.

Just wondering. For those who actually managed to reach Vermont:

after you enter your receipt number, how can you dial more options to get to Vermont if the automated system tells you to wait for an operator?

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe it´s just ´cus those few people were already there, and it wouldn´t add much work to send those RFE´s, this upcoming week we´ll have RFE´s flying all over.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I am hoping that things are getting on track here. My case was moved to CSC and since I got my notice that they received my case on June 14 I have been touched every day. I assume that they are going through the cases and figuring out which ones need a RFE. It is in their best intrest to get this RFE stuff over with soon. They have a backlog of 10,000 cases now and they need to get to it as soon as they can or they are going to be buried for a long time with pettitioners and lawmakers on their a$$ the whole time. Call me an optimist but I think they are going to get things rolling soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am hoping that things are getting on track here. My case was moved to CSC and since I got my notice that they received my case on June 14 I have been touched every day. I assume that they are going through the cases and figuring out which ones need a RFE. It is in their best intrest to get this RFE stuff over with soon. They have a backlog of 10,000 cases now and they need to get to it as soon as they can or they are going to be buried for a long time with pettitioners and lawmakers on their a$$ the whole time. Call me an optimist but I think they are going to get things rolling soon.

I certainly hope so. I imagine it'll be another week or so before things actually start arriving in the mail. I think for my own sanity I'm going to have to take a step back and give it some time; monitoring the USCIS website every day waiting for movement is driving me nuts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So is this where I am suppose to be reading? Or is there a site I can get the same info from?

Our Timeline:

05.18.2006-I-129F Petition sent to NSC

05.19.2006-I-129F Petition rec'd by NSC

06.02.2006-Rec'd NOA1

06.30.2006-Rec'd RFE

07.03.2006-Sent RFE to CSC

07.11.2006-RFE rec'd by CSC - Reply

09.11.2006-*APPROVED*

09.18.2006-Rec'd NOA2

09.29.2006-Sent I-129F pkg

10.04.2006-Rec'd I-129F pkg

10.06.2006-Embassy sent packet3

10.13.2006-Form DS-230 to New Delhi Embassy

10.26.2006-Rec'd initial packet3

11.08.2006-Rec'd police certificate

11.08.2006-Interview date thru email: DECEMBER 12, 2006 @ 8 AM

11.14.2006-Rec'd interview letter snail mail

11.18.2006-Medicals

11.22.2006-Rec'd medicals

12.01.2006-Packet4 to New Delhi Embassy

12.12.2006-Interview - Still need passport clearance & co-sponsor

12.20.2006-Sent co-sponsor info

01.03.2007-Rec'd papers & passport clearance

01.04.2007-Sent papers & passport to New Delhi Embassy - Rec'd

01.16.2007-Passport sent out

01.18.2007-Passport rec'd. No visa. Need more proof of relationship

01.24.2007-Sent more proof of relationship

02.03.2007-Rec'd proof

02.06.2007-Sent to New Delhi Embassy

03.07.2007-Rec'd passport. No visa

04.18.2007-CSC rec'd papers

Filed: Timeline
Actually I"m an Indiana resident with a LONG...... voting record so maybe that's why I got the fast response.

Or maybe the articles in the papers helped to catch they're attention coupled with my letter..I just don't know. I just got a little nervous when they said the OMB looked at my application....

Neya-

I wouldn't worry about contacting your senator(s). You're in a govermental process & you had questions. No worries about extra checks, it's your right, esp. with the IMBRA stuff happening.

I contacted my senator as well & am waiting to return a call today, and I'm around the same time as you (5/8). It doesn't matter that it's 45 days or 100, we still deserve to know what's happening. Don't feel bad about that, I've had people jump on me for wondering, as if May apps don't have that right.

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

RLT...you could be right on that....maybe since ours never moved..never recieved noa2...who knows..maybe we forgot something...egads..hope not..........but just a thought here...for those who revieved noa2...isn't that the end of line with uscis?....i mean for those who went on to the embasssies/.....maybe after that they cannot do touches anymore....and all your rfe's will be in the mail......well like i said its just a thought....and i havent had my coffee yet....i just hope everyones went out...and the ball gets rolling.. (F)

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Timeline
RLT...you could be right on that....maybe since ours never moved..never recieved noa2...who knows..maybe we forgot something...egads..hope not..........but just a thought here...for those who revieved noa2...isn't that the end of line with uscis?....i mean for those who went on to the embasssies/.....maybe after that they cannot do touches anymore....and all your rfe's will be in the mail......well like i said its just a thought....and i havent had my coffee yet....i just hope everyones went out...and the ball gets rolling.. (F)

Yaeh, I thought of that too. I hope you´re right.

I think we need to wait until people get their RFEs.

I´m gonna try and call USCIS now and you let you know how it went..

good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yaeh, I thought of that too. I hope you´re right.

I think we need to wait until people get their RFEs.

I´m gonna try and call USCIS now and you let you know how it went..

good luck!

well...they said they sent mine on friday...said is the operative word here....ummm...hopefully will get it soon since bill lives 20 mins from the center.

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Checked my status and YES!!!! My RFE is coming! Let´s see how long it will take now, I guess around 5 days to arrive, which is about how long my NOA1 took. YES!!!!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.