• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

IT´S BACK!!!!

?????

How crazy is this?

The statement is back and now I saved it to my computer.

I´m not gonna check their website for the rest of the day so I can just celebrate Brazil´s World Cup match and sleep thinking I´m one day closer to my fiancée.

:)

---

So it was a good day afterall.

I mean, USCIS finally said something and the Yahoo article has OMB saying they approved the emergency request.

We´ll survive this mess and be happy again.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

HANG ON!!

They changed the statement!! That´s why they removed it before!!

Plz tell me if I´m crazy.

They now say the RFE template has been approved and they are sending it IMMEDIATELY to petitioners!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT´S BACK!!!!

?????

How crazy is this?

The statement is back and now I saved it to my computer.

I´m not gonna check their website for the rest of the day so I can just celebrate Brazil´s World Cup match and sleep thinking I´m one day closer to my fiancée.

---

So it was a good day afterall.

I mean, USCIS finally said something and the Yahoo article has OMB saying they approved the emergency request.

We´ll survive this mess and be happy again.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

HANG ON!!

They changed the statement!! That´s why they removed it before!!

Plz tell me if I´m crazy.

They now say the RFE template has been approved and they are sending it IMMEDIATELY to petitioners!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just going to repost the link here if no one has read it yet

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...RA_061306PN.pdf

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

This is without a doubt the news we have been waiting for! I assume that when I get home monday there will be a letter waiting for me. I will fill that out and go immediatly to the post office and ask if it can be mailed "SAME DAY EXPRESS"!!!

Timeline
This is without a doubt the news we have been waiting for! I assume that when I get home monday there will be a letter waiting for me. I will fill that out and go immediatly to the post office and ask if it can be mailed "SAME DAY EXPRESS"!!!

I know, same here!!!

I´d just like to congratulate Bill and his girl who had the guts to go to the press and get that article done.

We would get new eventually, but I´m convinced that getting the press involved and calling USCIS for information made them speed things up. At least releasing a public notice, and then updating it on the same day.

I agree with Gary. That´s the news we were waiting for.

The new form should be up soon and for us who have filled the old one, the RFEs are being sent NOW!

In our investigations we always got lots of answers, but we never knew the "WHEN".

Now we do. It´s immediately.

Let´s make a bet and see who posts here about receiving the RFE first?

i see a NEW IMBRA RFE thread/poll coming up... :D

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I´d just like to congratulate Bill and his girl who had the guts to go to the press and get that article done.

We would get new eventually, but I´m convinced that getting the press involved and calling USCIS for information made them speed things up. At least releasing a public notice, and then updating it on the same day.

Absolutely agree - it's awesome that Bill did this and I have no doubt that the questions the press asked of USCIS made a difference. Thanks Bill!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yay for immediatly!!!!! I hope it means THIS WEEK. :D

I am thinking though that you recalled petitions will get it first, and it might take them a couple of weeks to send them all, so I might have to sit tight and wait for another 15 days.

Edited by Luis&Laura

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

this is great news, im so pleased for all the folk who were stuck in limbo through all this nightmare :)

i hope you all have a speedy process form here on in and the RFE's drop through your doors any day now :D

--

15 aug -- K-1 application posted to TSC

17 aug -- TSC receives application

no NOA1, USCIS says no record....

31 oct resubmitted

09 NOV money order cashed

08 NOV NOA1 date, yey! arrived in post 14th nov

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I already told Luis to grab that, open, reply, run to the post office and FEDEX it the minute the mailman arrives.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

FYI - Below is the latest I have seen on fiancee petitions.

USCIS Public Notice: New Policy Concerning Fiance(e) Petitions

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services released a public notice today entitled, "USCIS Notifies Public of New Policy Concerning Fiancée Petitions." The public notice begins, "Washington, DC - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that in order to comply with provisions of the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act of 2005 (IMBRA), it will need to issue "Requests for Evidence" for more than 10,000 Alien Fiancée Petitions (Form I-129F) currently being held at USCIS Service Centers. USCIS will begin issuing RFEs to affected petitioners as soon as the RFE template has been approved and cleared by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)."

To read the entire public notice, please go to:

https://dhsonline.dhs.gov/portal/jhtml/dc/s...html?doid=27727

Removing Conditions

May 29 2009 - Vermont received I-751

June 01 2009 - NOA

July 13 2009 - Biometric

Oct 22 2009 - E-mail - card ordered

Oct 23 2009 - Received letter - approval date 10/19.

Timeline
FYI - Below is the latest I have seen on fiancee petitions.

USCIS Public Notice: New Policy Concerning Fiance(e) Petitions

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services released a public notice today entitled, "USCIS Notifies Public of New Policy Concerning Fiancée Petitions." The public notice begins, "Washington, DC - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that in order to comply with provisions of the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act of 2005 (IMBRA), it will need to issue "Requests for Evidence" for more than 10,000 Alien Fiancée Petitions (Form I-129F) currently being held at USCIS Service Centers. USCIS will begin issuing RFEs to affected petitioners as soon as the RFE template has been approved and cleared by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB)."

To read the entire public notice, please go to:

https://dhsonline.dhs.gov/portal/jhtml/dc/s...html?doid=27727

Yep, and after this statement they updated it and the RFEs are free to go!

---

I don´t know who will get the RFEs first..

It makes sense that it would be the recalled ones.. but no one knows for sure.

If the new form is already approved and they will only release it by the end of june, I think all the petitions on hold will get the RFEs before anyone use the new form.

I haven't read the previous posts so I apologize if this is repeated or out-of-date.

http://tinyurl.com/ju2nn

The US government just can't get anything right it seems...

Joel

Joel & Analyn

www.PinoyInfo.net - Great Philippines specific immigration resource. Please come and join!

Call Philippines mobile 10 cents a minute

What I am hoping for is a mass RFE. They send everyone an email followed by a letter. I hope they give us the option to going online and downloading and e-file or doing it the old fashioned way with a printed form and snailmail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I don't know if this is really important/not already been posted 15 times this morning, but I saw this article on the IMBRA on the AOL sign in screen this morning. Apparently, there is a growing awareness of what is going on:

10,000 Weddings on Hold

I hope the link works!

-- Karen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.