GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, I just called. I told her that Our petition was returned do to the new IMBRA law, and asked if there were any new developments with the new form and the emergency information request. She asked for our receipt number and comes back on the phone and says, ok you wanted to know if your case has been recalled. I so no, I wanted to know when they were going to begin requesting the new information required, and how they will request it. She said, ummm we are waiting for instruction on that, and WE ARE WAITING TO. I just wanted say to her, well you are just waiting so you can continue your work, our lives are on hold. She had no timeframe. From her responses, I think she knows something, but they don't want to tell you a timeframe, because then they will be held to it. I HATE WAITING!!!!!!!!

I know! That´s the worst.

Well, I only think they are waiting indeed, but the people we speak to on the phone are not actually USCIS officers. They are instructed to give us information.

So maybe these guys are waiting but it doesn´t mean that USCIS is waiting as well. Maybe they are doing something and will let the phone-people know once they have it sorted.

That´s how I hope things are working right now...

It says on the OMB website that the I129F is still pending.

But it doesn´t have the ** meaning received recently anymore.

Don´t know if that´s good or not.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't even want to think at my mental state if we hear nothing this week. :(

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I don't even want to think at my mental state if we hear nothing this week. :(

*hugs*

I know what you mean. I think I have already lost the plot. Hang in there. This can't last forever.

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Sorry, but this is fu*#ing bulls#@t!!!!!!!!!!

I was ok with the waiting until today!!! how the hell can they just leave everyone in the dark like this!! I think we should round up all there spouses and lock them in a cell until they resolve this issue.... now!!!!

I can't believe how this is being handled!!!!!

ok! thanks for letting me vent!!

I'm spending the last 2 day's in Poland with my fiancee and I wanted to file when I got back!! I hoped it would be resolved before my return!! it's not looking good!! I"m losing hope for a quick fix, every optimistic conclusion we have come up with has been shot down!!!!

Ok! keep prayin!! it's all we have!!

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

This is probably just more wishful thinking (just looking for anything positive at this point). Has anyone checked out the following web page – http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main. This is a web page you are directed to from the OMB’s website regarding Regulatory Matters. It is for the public to post comments on Federal Regulations listed in the Federal Register (i.e. the new I-129f petition).

If you perform a search for USCIS and All Documents then sort by date, you will see the new I-129f request for comments. If you then perform a search for USCIS and Documents Open for Comment, the new I-129f is not listed. Hopefully, this means they have closed comments early due to emergency approval.

Regardless, I'm sure we will continue to be kept in the dark but hopefully it means something positive.

----------------------------------------

K-1 Visa

04/17/06- NOA1

04/25/06- NOA2

10/24/06- Interview: Approved!

AOS (Green Card)

01/26/07- NOA 1

02/15/07- Biometrics Appointment

04/18/07- Interview Approved

06/08/07- Receive Welcome Letter

06/11/07- Receive Green Card

Removal of Conditions

03/30/09- NOA 1

04/15/09- Biometrics Appointment

07/07/09- Approved (via Email)

08/03/09- Receive Green Card

Naturalization

03/11/09- Mailed N-400

03/12/09- Received in Lewisville

03/12/09- NOA 1

03/18/10- Check Cleared

04/09/10- Biometrics Appointment

04/26/10- Received Interview Notice

05/27/10- Interview: Approved!

07/10/10- Received Oath Ceremony Letter

07/23/10- Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

But it´s showing the 60-day notice one, dated 05-26th. So dunno, I hope it´s good news.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
This is probably just more wishful thinking (just looking for anything positive at this point). Has anyone checked out the following web page – http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main. This is a web page you are directed to from the OMB’s website regarding Regulatory Matters. It is for the public to post comments on Federal Regulations listed in the Federal Register (i.e. the new I-129f petition).

If you perform a search for USCIS and All Documents then sort by date, you will see the new I-129f request for comments. If you then perform a search for USCIS and Documents Open for Comment, the new I-129f is not listed. Hopefully, this means they have closed comments early due to emergency approval.

Regardless, I'm sure we will continue to be kept in the dark but hopefully it means something positive.

True.

What doesn´t make much sense is that if the emergency request is approved, it would be valid for 180 days, and they would keep colleting comments for the first 60 days.

I don´t know...

The worst thing for me is that all the information we got so far were provided by members of VJ. Everytime something new came up it was posted here by someone who found it on a website.

They never contacted us. And it´s been a while now.

It doesn´t seem to me that our misery will make than release any sort of news.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not sure if someone already posted this a few pages back. As I understand this, DHS has given notice that they have revised their original request for comments on the new proposed form and asked for ANOTHER 30 days as of May 26. This is getting out of hand. If you have not emailed your comment, NOW would be a good time to do so.

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of an Existing

Information Collection; Comment Request

ACTION: 30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review; Exemption from NSEERS Registration

Requirements (OMB Control No. 1653–0035).

The Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and CustomsEnforcement (ICE) has submitted the

following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on February 28, 2006 at 71 FR 10044, allowing for a 60- day public comment period. No comments were received by ICE on thisproposed information collection. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until June 26, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office,

111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202–272–8352 or via e-mail at rfs.regs@dhs.gov. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1653–0035. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:

(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the

functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;

(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency’s estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information,

including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;

(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and

(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the

use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or

other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

criminy. What public would be commenting other than people in the process who want it sped up, not extended another 30 days for more comment!

I have had to give up my apartment as of August. I will be spending the rest of this process living in a friend's basement with all my belongings in boxes around me. I can deal with it, but I noted this morning my timeline expected approval date is now one full month later than it was when I started this process! ah well. I will continue to hope that once this gets resolved, all our approvals will fly off the adjudicator's desks!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline
Not sure if someone already posted this a few pages back. As I understand this, DHS has given notice that they have revised their original request for comments on the new proposed form and asked for ANOTHER 30 days as of May 26. This is getting out of hand. If you have not emailed your comment, NOW would be a good time to do so.

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of an Existing

Information Collection; Comment Request

ACTION: 30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review; Exemption from NSEERS Registration

Requirements (OMB Control No. 1653–0035).

The Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and CustomsEnforcement (ICE) has submitted the

following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on February 28, 2006 at 71 FR 10044, allowing for a 60- day public comment period. No comments were received by ICE on thisproposed information collection. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until June 26, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office,

111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202–272–8352 or via e-mail at rfs.regs@dhs.gov. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1653–0035. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:

(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the

functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;

(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency’s estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information,

including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;

(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and

(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the

use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or

other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.

Can you please post the link?

About the comments, I´m worried because people anti-IMBRA are sending a lot of letters, emails, etc asking OMB not to approve the new form.

I read this in a lawyer´s website.

Kitkat, please post the link to this statement. I´m lost and don´t knoe if I had read this before!

thanks!

Here's a comment for them: You SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

:yes:

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Timeline
Kitkat, please post the link to this statement. I´m lost and don´t knoe if I had read this before!

thanks!

I received this as a PDF from a friend who works for the gov. Try going here:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/mu...&WAISmaxHits=40

and then click on PDF.

If that doesn't work, start at: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/index.html

type "fiance" into the search box and the forms will come up - the PDF is the most recent and the one that indicates an additional 30 days of comment.

PEOPLE, Email your comments about wanting e-filing NOW

Timeline

I already sent an email 2 weeks ago with my comments about e-filing.

Here's what I want to send now - is this a REALLY bad idea?

How much longer can you people drag this out? Thousands of people are stuck in limbo until a form is approved to comply with IMBRA. The bill was approved in January. The law went into effect in March. Why you could not have provided correct forms for people to use to file after March 6 in incomprehensible.

1. Clearly the information on the proposed form is necessary - check

4. Clearly petitioners whose lives are on hold due to USCIS’s inefficiency want the form to be available electronically and want to be able to e-file – check

What more do you need to know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.