GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

I'll have to guess Gary is taking advantage of his Goldmember-ship while Luz is "collecting some information." All very above board - glad to see to you guys still on the job here. :whistle::innocent:

We are just doing "in depth" and comprehensive research. Gotta do your field work if you want to get the whole picture!! :blush:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

About the "new security check" on the petitioner:

Does anyone know if they used to do this already? I think even before IMBRA, USCIS performed a background check on the petitioner.

Are they gonna check something else now or this is just a matter of "having a petition where it´s signed by the USC" that they didn´t commit those crimes?

In one of the packets I received pre-interview I needed to state that I didn´t do or don´t have an intention to do such thing.

Maybe what changes now is just that. They need the american citizen to sign this, and they need to instruct their people about disclosing this information to the benneficiary.

Only that, for this to happen, they need a new approved form.

Also, still about OMB. Does anyone know anything about it?

Are they in an "above level" then USCIS? I mean, if USCIS request an emergency, they will need to consider it or they can just ignore it?

I'll have to guess Gary is taking advantage of his Goldmember-ship while Luz is "collecting some information." All very above board - glad to see to you guys still on the job here. :whistle::innocent:

We are just doing "in depth" and comprehensive research. Gotta do your field work if you want to get the whole picture!! :blush:

hahahahha... :lol: i thought you just had to take your shirt off gary since its hot and humid back there. luz is probably wearing a tube top... PG rating conversation coming up. i'll bite my tongue...

:whistle:

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

GaryC and Luz are such an adorable couple that I feel the chunks rising fast...excuse me while I fetch a basin! ^_^

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Filed: Timeline
I have been doing some thinking on all this and I have some thoughts.

First, I agree that it will be fairly soon when we sill start seeing some action. The USCIS can't afford to wait much longer or they will have a hole so deep they will never get out of it.

Second, Almost all petitions with a NOA1 date before March 6 are done now and have been sent to the respective embassies. That means that when they get back to work it should move quickly (hope).

Third, While this delay has been going on all the embassies have had a chance to catch up. Meaning that when we get our NOA2's we should have a shorter wait to get interviews.

Personally I think the delays we are getting right now will be offset by speedier interviews when this thing gets sorted out. The ones that had petitions returned should get first shot at interviews when they are sent back to the embassy.

Take heart people, things will work out.

Thanks for making me feel better! All that makes total sense. :yes:

No, according to this link:

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/nucl...p?itemid=2#more

it says MALE petitioners need a background check.

The new law is called the "International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005". It requires all U.S. gentlemen who petition for a fiancee or spousal visa to provide more personal background information to Immigration Service and the State Department than ever before. It creates more restrictions in the process such as the number of fiancee or spousal petitions one can file, and how quickly a gentleman can file some visa petitions.

So why should that affect us female petitioners?

Edited by devilette

The new law is called the "International Marriage Broker Regulation Act of 2005". It requires all U.S. gentlemen who petition for a fiancee or spousal visa to provide more personal background information to Immigration Service and the State Department than ever before. It creates more restrictions in the process such as the number of fiancee or spousal petitions one can file, and how quickly a gentleman can file some visa petitions.

As usual our info here at VJ is more comprehensive and accurate. Despite what you read, the law applies to ALL petitioners regardless of sex, and would be unconstitutional otherwise as I understand (to discriminate on basis of sex).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Laws may discriminate on the basis of sex in certain cases...see my post in the Repeal IMBRA thread, where I explain it--my fingers are tired.

The usaimmigrationattorney link posted is a link to an immigration lawyer's blog. This particular lawyer definitely has an agenda, and many of the posted comments are of the Men's Rights bent and pretty harsh.

(Am I against men's rights? Of course not. Everyone's gotta have rights. The self-styled Men's Rights Activists, however, have a pretty strong male supremacy slant. I can spot them right off, they have the worst spelling I've ever seen.)

If we're gonna chase rumors, I'd rather stick to the ones on VJ...at least here we're all concerned for each other and not for some gender politics agenda.

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

I have been doing some thinking on all this and I have some thoughts.

First, I agree that it will be fairly soon when we sill start seeing some action. The USCIS can't afford to wait much longer or they will have a hole so deep they will never get out of it.

Second, Almost all petitions with a NOA1 date before March 6 are done now and have been sent to the respective embassies. That means that when they get back to work it should move quickly (hope).

Third, While this delay has been going on all the embassies have had a chance to catch up. Meaning that when we get our NOA2's we should have a shorter wait to get interviews.

Personally I think the delays we are getting right now will be offset by speedier interviews when this thing gets sorted out. The ones that had petitions returned should get first shot at interviews when they are sent back to the embassy.

Take heart people, things will work out.

Thanks for making me feel better! All that makes total sense. :yes:

That particular attorney blog has been floating around for some time, he has his own agenda. The law is gender nutuaral. The USC, male or female, has to have the checks. If you read the law it never says anything about the gender of the USC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Laws may discriminate on the basis of sex in certain cases...see my post in the Repeal IMBRA thread, where I explain it--my fingers are tired.

The usaimmigrationattorney link posted is a link to an immigration lawyer's blog. This particular lawyer definitely has an agenda, and many of the posted comments are of the Men's Rights bent and pretty harsh.

(Am I against men's rights? Of course not. Everyone's gotta have rights. The self-styled Men's Rights Activists, however, have a pretty strong male supremacy slant. I can spot them right off, they have the worst spelling I've ever seen.)

If we're gonna chase rumors, I'd rather stick to the ones on VJ...at least here we're all concerned for each other and not for some gender politics agenda.

Also, and I may be wrong, but I believe that when my fiance' applied (unsuccessfully) for a visitor's visa, there was a form that only males age 16 - 60 (or thereabouts) had to fill out. It asked about whether he'd ever been in a war zone or took part in a battle, whether as a soldier or civilian (or guerrilla, I suppose). Female applicants were not required to complete that form. So, it seems that USCIS is NOT always gender-blind and it'd be interesting to ask why this form wasn't applicable to female applicants in the eyes of USCIS and the DHS -- women aren't always non-combatants in a war, especially in situations of guerrilla warfare. That's not to say that I think male petitioners should be treated like suspects, of course, just that the government DOES make certain distinctions.

(And you're right about the Men's Rights agenda being strongly and inherently male supremacist :yes: )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where is gary

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Folks, I am starting to get scared of tomorrow, we´ve been in the dark here for so long that now I don´t believe something will happen. :(

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK I just mailed in my I-129F with all the supporting documents yesterday Jun10th via certified mail to the Texas Service Center in Mesquite, TX. :crying: It sounds to me as if this whole process is going to take about 10 months. Neither IMBRA or anyone else will prevent me from seeing the process through. Does anyone see any merit in my going with my fiance for the interview process?

Folks, I am starting to get scared of tomorrow, we´ve been in the dark here for so long that now I don´t believe something will happen. :(

Same here, Luis &Laura. I'm just trying to have faith that the government hasn't fleeced me out of $170.

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Same here, Luis &Laura. I'm just trying to have faith that the government hasn't fleeced me out of $170.

Yeah..

I don´t think will be tomorrow just because they requested approval by June 9th.

But I think we´ll hear something within the next two weeks..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.