1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Mike, you totally rock!! :thumbs:

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yes he does....doesn;t he :thumbs:

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, nice investigative work, Mike!

The revised form seems to be moving through the bureaucracy quite quickly. I'm pleasantly surprised. Hopefully this means they will get it to us soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Great find!!!!!!!

I´m not even gonna start trying to understand what all those numbers mean, though..

They seem to have a lot of forms there to approve. I hope this emergency request work, because they just got that yesterday, right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Great find!!!!!!!

I´m not even gonna start trying to understand what all those numbers mean, though..

They seem to have a lot of forms there to approve. I hope this emergency request work, because they just got that yesterday, right?

With the new I-129f form coming out, when it comes out. Do we have to file again with the new version or do we just sit back and wait for them to do there background checks? I'm very confused cause i hear of people talking about sending the new version in as soon as it is released and these people have already submitted there orignial I-129f after March 6th. Also i think we really need to organize this IMBRA forum because it's so disorganized and you just can't find anything out without spending half the time looking for the info.

K-1 process

03/11/2006 - Engagement.

04/13/2006 - sent I-129F

04/17/2006 - I-129F delivered

04/20/2006 - NOA1

07/28/2006 - Touched07/31/2006 - Touched (NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

08/01/2006 - E-mail NAO2 saying i was approved 31st

08/18/2006 - Packet 3 sent to Consulate

12/28/2006 - Interview (it's going to be a lonely Christmas)

12/29/2006 - Picket up Visa , one way ticket to Dallas!!!!!

AOS Process

03/06/2007 - AOS process starts (D.O.R.A) Submit application and Interview

04/06/2007 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Great find!!!!!!!

With the new I-129f form coming out, when it comes out. Do we have to file again with the new version or do we just sit back and wait for them to do there background checks? I'm very confused cause i hear of people talking about sending the new version in as soon as it is released and these people have already submitted there orignial I-129f after March 6th. Also i think we really need to organize this IMBRA forum because it's so disorganized and you just can't find anything out without spending half the time looking for the info.

There is nothing out to tell us exactly what those of us who have already filed are going to have to do to comply with IMBRA. Even calling doesnt get you answers as USCIS doesnt have the answers. Best advice would be to sit tight and wait till they let us know what to do.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Timeline

Great find!!!!!!!

There is nothing out to tell us exactly what those of us who have already filed are going to have to do to comply with IMBRA. Even calling doesnt get you answers as USCIS doesnt have the answers. Best advice would be to sit tight and wait till they let us know what to do.

That´s true. I think the first step would be approving this form.

Then we need to hear from them and see what do they want from us.

Hopefully they already know what to do and are just waiting for an approval.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am sure that once the new form is approved they'll either update the site with instructions for already filed petitions and future petitions, send us an RFE or other letter, update our status, or something like that. They'll certainlly let us know what will happen next.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

rlt,

What the numbers mean is explained in detail in the USCIS Supporting Statement for the new form, the link to which was posted a day or so ago and which many people have also been praising as a great information find. Maybe you missed that one.

What I find interesting is that the cost and fee information provided in the Supporting Statement, while difficult to follow, indicates that either a fee increase can be expected at some point or the current fee is excessive. I haven't quite figured out which yet.

Yodrak

Great find!!!!!!!

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
rlt,

What the numbers mean is explained in detail in the USCIS Supporting Statement for the new form, the link to which was posted a day or so ago and which many people have also been praising as a great information find. Maybe you missed that one.

What I find interesting is that the cost and fee information provided in the Supporting Statement, while difficult to follow, indicates that either a fee increase can be expected at some point or the current fee is excessive. I haven't quite figured out which yet.

Yodrak

Great find!!!!!!!

I sure did and still do..

Just trying to understand if any of that information would give us an idea on whether they (OMB) have started looking at the new form or not.

Is there any way to tell?

Also, maybe your are more familiar with this, so I´d like to ask for your opinion..

They received the form yesterday and it´s supposed to be approved until tomorrow.

Has that ever happened before?

Cheers for that.

:)

rlt,

The OMB item clearly states that the request for review was received 7 June - yesterday. The only other information it provides, also quite clearly, is the processing burden and cost as compared to the old I-129f.

That information is very provocative, and everyone is commenting on how great the find is, yet everyone is asking the same thing you are about what the notice does not say rather than pondering what it does say. I find that to be very interesting, but I guess not unexpected. VJers in general see the words but often do not read what they mean.

Read the OMB notice again, then read the USCIS supporting statement again, and then think about the implications carefully. Let me know if you get some ideas of what I'm alluding to.

Yodrak

Just trying to understand if any of that information would give us an idea on whether they (OMB) have started looking at the new form or not.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you have any ideas, why not post them Yodrak?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
rlt,

The OMB item clearly states that the request for review was received 7 June - yesterday. The only other information it provides, also quite clearly, is the processing burden and cost as compared to the old I-129f.

That information is very provocative, and everyone is commenting on how great the find is, yet everyone is asking the same thing you are about what the notice does not say rather than pondering what it does say. I find that to be very interesting, but I guess not unexpected. VJers in general see the words but often do not read what they mean.

Read the OMB notice again, then read the USCIS supporting statement again, and then think about the implications carefully. Let me know if you get some ideas of what I'm alluding to.

Yodrak

Ok. Just read the OMB notice and the USCIS statement.

I don´t know what you mean about the implications. I honestly don´t.

And yes, sometimes I read the words and do not understand what they mean.

If you do, please share that with us.

About the implications, do you mean it´s not possible for OMB to approve USCIS request?

Thanks.

Nobody else sees that the estimated time for processing I-129f has increased by a factor of 3, from 0.5 hours per petition to 1.5 hours per petition? From 100,000 hours per year to 300,000 hours per year spent processing I-129f petitions? Unless resources to process the petitions are tripled, might that not have an impact on the backlog?

Yodrak

rlt,

Yodrak

Ok. Just read the OMB notice and the USCIS statement.

I don´t know what you mean about the implications. I honestly don´t.

And yes, sometimes I read the words and do not understand what they mean.

If you do, please share that with us.

About the implications, do you mean it´s not possible for OMB to approve USCIS request?

Thanks.

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

That´s what you meant? Maybe you missed my point.

The backlog we have now can´t be for that reason, since this new form hasn´t even been approved.

Let´s say they approve it. Ok, then we´ll add more time for the applications to be processed.

But the backlog we have now is because we need a new form and it isn´t ready yet. Actually, it is ready but it´s waiting for OMB to approve it.

So what I asked you and the other members is if you know of any case where OMB approved a new form in 2 days.

That´s all. Not asking about how long will it take for them to process the cases. I´ll save that question for when they start processing again.

Do you understand what I mean? Sorry if I wasn´t clear before.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.