GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
So I should call NVC to check to see if they have received our case back from the consulate??? The number I should call is (603)334-0700???

Lately there has been some pretty ignoratn comments flying around. That is not what this thread or forum is for. It is to ask questions and receive answers and support. I would not even respond to their comments, because that is all they want is attention. JUST IGNORE THEM!!!

Let´s not talk about that anymore... Nevermind.

Anyways, everytime I called NVC they said they don´t keep any records of returned petitions. They just fwd them to the Service Centers.

When I emailed them I was told they received and sent my petition to USCIS.

As nothing makes sense here, I would try anything.

If you do so, plz ask for more news.. we never know when someone will be able to answer our questions.

good luck!

Edited by rlt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only getting worse. I emailed them over 2 weeks ago. My Fiancee received her packet 3 a few days before that, and just finished filling out the papers last night at 1:00 in the morning. She sent them fast mail this morning, and a few hours later I receive the email saying that our case was returned. They also stated that they sent out packet 3 on May 10, and Returned our petition on May 12. They stated that she should not take any action at this time, meantime she mailed packet 3 a few hours before the email.

I just called the case status line, and there was no information regarding our case being returned. I can only hope that it is still on it's way and they will receive it very soon. I aslo hope the Consulate will file the papers returned from packet 3, and when they receive our petition back, they can then process the DS-230. Why does this have to be so difficult.

Yeah it really doesn't make sense on why this has to be so difficult for something so simple. No rational about it, there is really no excuse for the immagration process to be so rediculous. Larger things are done with MUCH less involved in this country.

Meh, nothing to see here.

QUOTE(americanwoman @ Jun 6 2006, 08:11 AM)

this is such a load of shite!!!

what is this "killing me", "suffering", "torture" c r a p?

all of you who are suffering, dying or being tortured OFF TO IRAQ RIGHT NOW!

and get yourself a reality check!

wow AmericanWoman I'm very proud of ya that you can handle your petition recall and interview cancellation with such ease and savoir faire, if I'm spelling it correctly. But who made you judge and jury of how other people such react emotionally to this unexpected stress? Or perhaps, as the Brits and Aussies say, you were just taking the pi$$? If that is the case I congratulate you on your absolutely poor taste.

QUOTE(americanwoman @ Jun 6 2006, 08:11 AM)

wow AmericanWoman I'm very proud of ya that you can handle your petition recall and interview cancellation with such ease and savoir faire, if I'm spelling it correctly. But who made you judge and jury of how other people such react emotionally to this unexpected stress? Or perhaps, as the Brits and Aussies say, you were just taking the pi$$? If that is the case I congratulate you on your absolutely poor taste.

It's ok. I am sure we all have to cope with this in our own way. For me, I get the mad mother bear syndrom (yet i'm a guy) and find out who can be made accountable for something they did to hurt me and mine. Thus why I am persuing legal action which is looking to be over and above just this one IMBRA thing, but to plant the seeds for future reform.

Sometimes others may lash out in a jealous rage, or others may feel overly sensitive when reading the very things they percieve they feel too. While others may cope with playing devils advocate with themselves and externaly in the forum.

This is a very stressful time for all of us, and I think the greatest support we can offer, is to allow us to all cope the way we feel we need to through this, even if that includes allowing for such comments like above on occasion.

Edited by zethris

Meh, nothing to see here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, this morning I check my case status on the automated system, and said nothing about it being returned. So I just called, and the woman took my information and said to give her a couple minutes while she accesses my case. Two minutes go by and she comes back on the phone, and said her records show that they have received our case and is under review. I asked is this regarding the IMBRA law, and she said yes. I asked her how long, and she told me that she has no timeline at this point, and to call back in 30 days.

At least I know my petition is in their hands, and not lost or misplaced.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline
Well, this morning I check my case status on the automated system, and said nothing about it being returned. So I just called, and the woman took my information and said to give her a couple minutes while she accesses my case. Two minutes go by and she comes back on the phone, and said her records show that they have received our case and is under review. I asked is this regarding the IMBRA law, and she said yes. I asked her how long, and she told me that she has no timeline at this point, and to call back in 30 days.

Nice..

Who did you call? USCIS or NVC?

I got this from a post on the k3 Forum today:

"Yesterday, I called to see if they had any further information and to express my discontentment about this whole hold up situation. She had very little knowledge at the time. However, she did some investigating and called me back this morning. She told me to forget about K-3 and that the I-129f's aren't going anywhere anytime soon. She flat out told me not to waste anymore time or effort stressing over it. "

What do they mean about FORGET ABOUT IT and IT´S NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON?

Is that the only answer we can get?

Nice..

Who did you call? USCIS or NVC?

I got this from a post on the k3 Forum today:

"Yesterday, I called to see if they had any further information and to express my discontentment about this whole hold up situation. She had very little knowledge at the time. However, she did some investigating and called me back this morning. She told me to forget about K-3 and that the I-129f's aren't going anywhere anytime soon. She flat out told me not to waste anymore time or effort stressing over it. "

What do they mean about FORGET ABOUT IT and IT´S NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON?

Is that the only answer we can get?

PS - THEY are HER CONGRESSWOMAN.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

that's good you clarified that "they" was her congress woman. I was a little discouraged after reading the same post. I really doubt congress will know anything before USCIS does, there in the dark as much as we are!!

just goes to show that the only solid fact in this whole thread is nobody has any facts... and the good news about the I-129F draft that should give us temporary relief after the emergency review.

USCIS knows they have to do something and is taking emergency measures.... that's the only news folks!!!

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Timeline
that's good you clarified that "they" was her congress woman. I was a little discouraged after reading the same post. I really doubt congress will know anything before USCIS does, there in the dark as much as we are!!

just goes to show that the only solid fact in this whole thread is nobody has any facts... and the good news about the I-129F draft that should give us temporary relief after the emergency review.

USCIS knows they have to do something and is taking emergency measures.... that's the only news folks!!!

I think you´re right.

They put our situation as an emergency and they do have a draft of the new form.

It looks like they´re getting there, I think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

And remember that USCIS is giving the only solid unbiased information. When there is an update or when there is something to post, they post it.

Congress will be political about everything and start petitions and lead the way for immigrants everywhere. They will be for or against the act however they feel will get them the most votes!! they like to twist things into there perspective in order to get you on there side!!! I hate politicians!!!

Lets just stick to what USCIS is telling us, because they are the ones holding the cards!! no one else!!!

I think (hope) they are moving forward as well.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

USCIS has confirmed that they have your application back? That's good news!

Timeline

USCIS has confirmed that they have your application back? That's good news!

By this time they must have all 1100 recalled cases there.

2 weeks ago we got new processing dates 9even if they went back), we got that statement from DoS and last week we got the draft form and USCIS asking for an emergency approve on that.

Nothing new this week yet.

I´ll keep checking this website 100 times a day because something might happen this week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

[sarcasm] Paging americanwoman to the IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA??? thread. I think you're the "INDEPENDENT FEMINIST" type the OP was refering to. Good luck with that attitude problem. [/sarcasm]

Edited by drogger1

08/07/05 - Traveled to Bangkok on business.

08/23/05 - Met Paveena in Bangkok.

03/25/06 - Spent a total of 6 months in Thailand, back to USA.

04/12/06 - Sent I-129F to NSC

04/19/06 - Check cashed

04/22/06 - Received NOA1

06/01/06 - Case transfered to CSC.

06/02/06 - Touched

06/03/06 - Touched

06/05/06 - Angry as hell at the government for its incompetence in handling the IMBRA law

06/14/06 - Touched with a NOA1 notice from CSC. Great. Next time the government decides to take over health care or some other important/large enterprise, remember the IMBRA fiasco and be glad you were not waiting for a heart transplant.

06/15/06 - Touched

06/16/06 - Touched

06/17/06 - Touched

07/03/06 - RFE for IMBRA

07/05/06 - RFE Sent back to CSC

07/11/06 - Touched

07/17/06 - Notice that IMBRA RFE was received and is in the system

08/05/06 - NOA2 Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Called USCIS again, and they still don't have my file back. I was told, however, that if thirty days goes by from the date it was sent back by the embassy and there's no sign of it, then they can take investigative action to see what has happened.

<sigh>

Timeline
Called USCIS again, and they still don't have my file back. I was told, however, that if thirty days goes by from the date it was sent back by the embassy and there's no sign of it, then they can take investigative action to see what has happened.

<sigh>

I think you should email NVC.

I think they will be able to check if your petition was sent from your Consulate and then fwd from them to VSC.

That´s how I got my answer.

I don´t know for sure, but maybe, the people in charge of answering emails are not the same ones who answer phone calls.

But I´d bet your case is back in Vermont.

Filed: Timeline

I called the number and followed the process this morning just to verify that I was contacting the Vermont Service Center --- When I got to the hold portion just after the full message of case status was given to me --- a recording stated these words --- "You have reached the Vermont Service Center" and then unlike the main 1-800 number on the USCIS website where they give you a waiting time --- I was almost immediately put through to a customer service center representative --- I told her my case number and that it was not outside of the 90 days that it states it should process but was wondering if she could tell me where it might be in the process --- She told me that it was in security checks right now and that if I did not hear anything within 7 to 14 days that I should call back --- now, call me optimistic, or gullible -- but I prefer to have some goodness settle in for the day instead of the comments of deflation that I so often here in response here --- in one of the previous responses, Aussie Wench added a link to a procedure that is from 2003 ... likely that has been altered a bit lately in light of all the immigration changes that occur daily and monthly --- I am holding onto some goodness since all I have had over the past several months is depressing, unencouraging news or lack there of...

So, Thanks again IGOR --- you made another day for me and my hubby!

02/23/05 - Met as Friends

09/29/05 - Married in Victoria BC Canada

11/04/05 - File I-130

11/18/05 - NOA1 I -130

12/08/05 - File 1-129F

12/13/05 - NOA1 I-129F

01/09/06 - APPROVAL I-129F

03/23/06 - I-130 APPROVAL

03/23/06 - K3 interview in Vancouver, Canada

03/23/06 - K3 denied due to CMIT 23 years prior

03/23/06 - i-601 Waiver Submitted

04/07/06 - NOA1 for I-601 Waiver received

10/18/06 - I-601 Approved out of Vermont

11/27/06 - 10:00 appointment at Vancouver Consulate for Visa Stamp

11/27/06 - Arrive home 8.5 hours after crossing the border in Blaine Washington, due to horrible show storm --- we were happy to be home

01/04/07 - AOS sent off

01/10/07 - NOA - 1-485

01/25/07 - RFE for I-824 - used and outdated form

02/14/07 - Get email stating Post Office has Address posted as Vacant from the USCIS

02/16/07 - Hubby gets WA State Drivers Licence

03/05/07 - AOS appointment April 19, 2007 Seattle

04/13/07 - Biometrics Taken for AOS

04/19/07 - AOS interview - Approved pending name check

04/23 - 05/28 - 5 additional appointments with the Seattle USCIS office - to clear up the EAD issue

05/15/07 - 90 Day EAD Arrives

06/10/07 - EAD/Green Card approval letter arrives

06/15/07 - EAD arrives

06/23/07 - 2 year conditional Green Card Arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.