GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Zethris, Pete...sorry for the mix-up

I should at least check and see just who is in my Kool-Aid before I unleash the Kool-Aid man

Everyone say it with me...

OH YEAH!

Hehe... :P No worries, I was chuckling at your post as I was responding back. I love your passion, your future spouse is lucky and in for a challenge :devil: OH YEAH!

Back on the IMBRA topic...

Just think, tens of millions of illegals in this country never had to go through what we all are being forced to, simply because we chose to play by the rules. And we are the ones suffering. Tens of millions more in the future too friends, because the flow won't be stopped. How does IMBRA affect them? It doesn't. It just hurts the people that try to do right.

Thanks to the monsters that created the cruel, poorly written law that is IMBRA combined with USCIS having no accountability to anyone, and seemingly no ability to serve the public... well it sucks to be in love with a person not from the USA. Family values my azz.

Well I think IMBRA is a good thing so far, just a little messy planned to execute. But I think changes related to immigration are necessary and they have to start somewhere....unfortunately they started with the K petitions. :wacko:

Isabel

Isabel, those are encouraging words, and even though I am grinning my teeth right now because of the delays, I have to agree.

In the end it is simply a test of our patience..and thats all....tough luck for me that I barely have any patience :lol:

uhhh did I mention that I have almost no patience as well :lol:

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
......Just think, tens of millions of illegals in this country never had to go through what we all are being forced to, simply because we chose to play by the rules......

Thanks to the monsters that created the cruel, poorly written law.......

Lord, immigration is stressful! It's good we have a place to come and vent.

How about I play devil's advocate here?

Ten (maybe 12 or so) million illegals who haven't been playing by the rules. Very true. But they're not crossing the border on a nice jetliner. And they're watching their backs all the time. I wouldn't want to be one of them. Neither you nor your loved one will have those experiences, because you chose to play by the rules. Even if it took longer than you liked.

My husband is from a VWP country. While we were apart, we could have easily planned a journey for him to the US. He could have simply said 'Thanks, I'm just on holiday' when questioned at the port of entry. We then could have happily trotted down to the courthouse for a license and gotten married. We could have filed for Adjustment of Status and probably been granted it, all the while pleading we never planned to marry - we were just overcome in the heat of the moment. And we probably would have been successful.

But we chose not to do that. You made the same choice. In essence you choose to protect your fiance and your relationship by going the path that will insure the least long term bumps. At the end of the day, you'll be better off.

And the law itself is not poorly written. The time structure for it and the implementation of it is the monstrosity.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

......Just think, tens of millions of illegals in this country never had to go through what we all are being forced to, simply because we chose to play by the rules......

Thanks to the monsters that created the cruel, poorly written law.......

Lord, immigration is stressful! It's good we have a place to come and vent.

How about I play devil's advocate here?

Ten (maybe 12 or so) million illegals who haven't been playing by the rules. Very true. But they're not crossing the border on a nice jetliner. And they're watching their backs all the time. I wouldn't want to be one of them. Neither you nor your loved one will have those experiences, because you chose to play by the rules. Even if it took longer than you liked.

My husband is from a VWP country. While we were apart, we could have easily planned a journey for him to the US. He could have simply said 'Thanks, I'm just on holiday' when questioned at the port of entry. We then could have happily trotted down to the courthouse for a license and gotten married. We could have filed for Adjustment of Status and probably been granted it, all the while pleading we never planned to marry - we were just overcome in the heat of the moment. And we probably would have been successful.

But we chose not to do that. You made the same choice. In essence you choose to protect your fiance and your relationship by going the path that will insure the least long term bumps. At the end of the day, you'll be better off.

And the law itself is not poorly written. The time structure for it and the implementation of it is the monstrosity.

True that, rebeccajo...all of it.

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, I woke up this morning with some sad news. I have have to be notified that our case was send back to the US. I emailed the consulate about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and they finally responded this morning.

OUR CASE WAS RETURNED MAY 12.

Our case went thru Vermont, who do I contact to make sure they have received it?

Thanks

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, I woke up this morning with some sad news. I have have to be notified that our case was send back to the US. I emailed the consulate about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and they finally responded this morning.

Our case went thru Vermont, who do I contact to make sure they have received it?

Thanks

That´s the thing.

They won´t tell you anything you can´t find when you check your case status.

That´s all they claim to know about.

I don´t know how someone can agree with this. Not complining about the law itself, but the way they did it.. I am being tortured. I have nothing new about my case.

They didn´t even updated the processing time yesterday, and that could go for ages...

They should say someting clear. This is not fair, it´s really not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks

As per my consular:

Your case file (along with those of other such cases) were sent via FedEx yesterday (May 22) to:

National Visa Center

32 Rochester Ave.

Portsmouth NH 03801

Hope this help...

Wendy

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

Timeline
this is such a load of shite!!!

what is this "killing me", "suffering", "torture" c r a p?

all of you who are suffering, dying or being tortured OFF TO IRAQ RIGHT NOW!

and get yourself a reality check!

That was pathetic.

You shouldn´t joke about people´s feelings.

Won´t go any further with this. Just think you´re a sad kind of human being.

Have fun.

Filed: Timeline

"killing me" and "torture" are expressions. Obviously, no one is going to die from missing their fiance(e)/partner. The extreme emotional stress, however, IS suffering and could be considered torture (although not exactly, since the wait isn't malicious).

My advice..... chill the hell out. Most of the people on this forum are dealing with an amazing level of stress while they try to legally be with their significant other.

I'm happy for you, however, that you apparently don't have emotions and aren't bothered in the least by things such as separation, loneliness and despair. A true "American Woman" (if you believe the stereotypes).

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

Only getting worse. I emailed them over 2 weeks ago. My Fiancee received her packet 3 a few days before that, and just finished filling out the papers last night at 1:00 in the morning. She sent them fast mail this morning, and a few hours later I receive the email saying that our case was returned. They also stated that they sent out packet 3 on May 10, and Returned our petition on May 12. They stated that she should not take any action at this time, meantime she mailed packet 3 a few hours before the email.

I just called the case status line, and there was no information regarding our case being returned. I can only hope that it is still on it's way and they will receive it very soon. I aslo hope the Consulate will file the papers returned from packet 3, and when they receive our petition back, they can then process the DS-230. Why does this have to be so difficult.

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

Timeline
Only getting worse. I emailed them over 2 weeks ago. My Fiancee received her packet 3 a few days before that, and just finished filling out the papers last night at 1:00 in the morning. She sent them fast mail this morning, and a few hours later I receive the email saying that our case was returned. They also stated that they sent out packet 3 on May 10, and Returned our petition on May 12. They stated that she should not take any action at this time, meantime she mailed packet 3 a few hours before the email.

I just called the case status line, and there was no information regarding our case being returned. I can only hope that it is still on it's way and they will receive it very soon. I aslo hope the Consulate will file the papers returned from packet 3, and when they receive our petition back, they can then process the DS-230. Why does this have to be so difficult.

So we are pretty much in the same situation.

I even received packet 4 and got my Medicals done!

I´m sure your Consulate have sent it back a while ago. I sent NVC an email asking for my petition and they said they fwd it back to USCIS. No further information.

At this point, I´m confident that all 1100 recalled petitions are back at USCIS, so that´s not what you should worry about (in my opinion).

Call your consulate and tell them you had sent p.3 before you knew about your case being recalled. They will work that out. I think they will just keep it there, and hopefully that will even speed up your case once they receive the petition back from USA.

The worst part about it is that we don´t know when they will keep processing our cases. There´s no way to know. I think what we need right now is to hear that the draft was approved. In my opinion again, once they have the new form ready they will keep processing cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Geez, what the heck is your problem? Some people actually have emotional bonds with their wives / fiances. My fiance and I have been together for over two years, and now we are going through an excruciating process. I have not been posting a lot on this forum whining about how bad I feel, wah wah wah... but it is not easy.

Try a little sympathy sometimes.

By the way, this is not the place to try voicing your political views, if that is what you are doing.

Qiao

我爱小兔子

Filed: Timeline

Geez, what the heck is your problem? Some people actually have emotional bonds with their wives / fiances. My fiance and I have been together for over two years, and now we are going through an excruciating process. I have not been posting a lot on this forum whining about how bad I feel, wah wah wah... but it is not easy.

Try a little sympathy sometimes.

By the way, this is not the place to try voicing your political views, if that is what you are doing.

I doubt they're political views, I think she's just talking 'merde'.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

"killing me" and "torture" are expressions. Obviously, no one is going to die from missing their fiance(e)/partner. The extreme emotional stress, however, IS suffering and could be considered torture (although not exactly, since the wait isn't malicious).

My advice..... chill the hell out. Most of the people on this forum are dealing with an amazing level of stress while they try to legally be with their significant other.

I'm happy for you, however, that you apparently don't have emotions and aren't bothered in the least by things such as separation, loneliness and despair. A true "American Woman" (if you believe the stereotypes).

Well, I don't agree with her and I'm an American woman.

The separation is really hard, and the words used to describe it are left to each person. I wouldn't use the word 'torture', but I wouldn't slag someone else off for doing so.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

So I should call NVC to check to see if they have received our case back from the consulate??? The number I should call is (603)334-0700???

Lately there has been some pretty ignoratn comments flying around. That is not what this thread or forum is for. It is to ask questions and receive answers and support. I would not even respond to their comments, because that is all they want is attention. JUST IGNORE THEM!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

04-08-09 - Biometrics

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.