GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

This 'touching' deal has been interesting as of late. I was 'touched' yesterday, and just looked tonight and was 'touched' again. Do they do this everytime your case is looked at because of a phone call? I am pretty sure today was the day my Senator called, so I was curious about if that is why I'm getting touched more than a cheap hooker.

:lol:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This 'touching' deal has been interesting as of late. I was 'touched' yesterday, and just looked tonight and was 'touched' again. Do they do this everytime your case is looked at because of a phone call? I am pretty sure today was the day my Senator called, so I was curious about if that is why I'm getting touched more than a cheap hooker.

:lol:

I want to know, in the certification section ( section D) it stats " I am legally able to and intend to marry my fiance(e) within 90 days ...." so does this mean that onlythe ones who filed for K1s will be signing this and returning it. I would think that if us married people needed to sign they would have a certification for us?

Why would I want tosign saying I will marry my fiance withn 90 days of his arrival, when I am already married to him?

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Well guys, I am at work and I leave to go to the airport in about 4 hours. I didn't think I would be spending any time online while I am with Luz but with all hell breaking loose today I doubt if I can resist looking at least once a day. Talk about a distraction when I should only think about having a good time for 2 weeks!!

Well guys, I am at work and I leave to go to the airport in about 4 hours. I didn't think I would be spending any time online while I am with Luz but with all hell breaking loose today I doubt if I can resist looking at least once a day. Talk about a distraction when I should only think about having a good time for 2 weeks!!

Enjoy your time with your Missessssssss Gary.......Be safe :luv:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

have a happy happy happy trip gary. im sure you will have fun... take me with you pleaaase???? hahaha

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Did anyone see this as well?

SUPPORTING STATEMENT

Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

(Form I-129F)

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for.../i-129fsupp.pdf

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

Did anyone see this as well?

SUPPORTING STATEMENT

Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

(Form I-129F)

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for.../i-129fsupp.pdf

Hello everyone,

It seems that the new form is almost ready. On the USCIS website there's a link to the DRAFT version of the new I-129F. (I've attached the document to this quote)

Inge

I_129F_DRAFT.pdf

23 Mar 06 - NOA 1 from CSC (transfered from TSC)

23 Jun 06 - RFE sent by USCIS:

08 Jul 06 - RFE reply received by USCIS:

11 Jul 06 - Touched (to confirm receipt IMBRA RFE on the 8th)

13 Aug 06 - e-mailed USCIS

14 Aug 06 - Rec e-mail saying they do not respond to e-mails

14 Aug 06 - Rec Not 1,but 3, e-mails case status change, they responded to my e-mail, requesting more Info

16 Aug 06 - touched for the very first time, FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD!

18 Aug 06 - tried calling USCIS,

8 Sept 06 - called USCIS-CSC Info line said they could not find any info on our recpt. #

12 Sept 06 - Contact with USCIS NSC - transfered to a imigration officer. said our case was being processed but unable to give me any info past that.

23 Sept 06 - Flew to Belgium to be with Inge, Get married and File DCF

24 Sept 06 - Received e-mail notification K-1 approved, What they waited forme to leava the US to approve???????????

24 Sept 06 Interview Date with police to be married in Belgium

27 Sept 06 Medical appointment for K-1 and DCF , We now have 2 options

31 Oct 06 Authorization from Brugge to Marry

10 Nov 06 MARRIED IN BELGIUM

13 Nov 06 Filed DCF for CR1 Immigrant Visa

20 Nov 06 Received CR1 Immigrant Visa

WE ARE GOING HOME ON DECEMBER 3rd, TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Folks,

I would like to offer a confernce call for those who had their scheduled interviews canceled under IMBRA. Email me at milestogo0310@hotmail.com. If their are more than 4 people interested I will set up an 800 number and give you a code to participate. Also I will publish an agenda. The purpose will be to share information and speed our processes.

Name: milestogo

Fiance country: Russia

SC: VSC

NOA1: 04/03/06

NOA2: 04/12/06

Interview: 06/29/06

Canceled: Yes

Going by the Draft I-129F the only thing that I can see where members maybe able to get a head start is to obtain court and police records of any of the listed offences if applicable. That way when an RFE is forwarded any necessary documentation will have already been obtained. There is no other way of speeding up this process no matter how much everyone wants there to be. USCIS/DHS has the reins on this period.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

That is my assumption as well especially as K-3's come under the IMBRA. They would be failing in their inadministration of the act if there had been approved petitions not yet issued visas, allowed to remain at consulate posts. I imagine some may of been returned from NVC if they had reached that stage. What I do find interesting is that from looking in the VJ timelines there appears to be petitions that where submitted to NBC after the act came into effect that got approvals mid May. Interesting to see what happens with those particular ones and if they are now being held or moved onto NBC.

The recall involves petitions that were approved post 5 March and sent onward to the DoS. So, has the NBC approved and forwarded any I-129f petitions with Receipt Date after 5 March? Perhaps there are not any K3 petitions for the USCIS to recall from DoS?

Yodrak

Whether or not this is factual, I dont know, but Gary Bala is an AILA lawyer

taken from http://fianceevisalawyer.com/

May 30, 2006

Parts of the IMBRA law, which are not currently being challenged in court such as Section 832, require USCIS and DHS to gather from U.S. petitioners their criminal background information, including information on convictions. The USCIS approved petitions as of March 06, 2006 and later were not complicant with this requirement. Thus, State Department is unable to continue to process. New I-129F Petition forms asking petitioners for this information was obviously called for under IMBRA, but USCIS has thus far not been able to comply. Though technically IMBRA applies to all K-Visas (K-1 & K-3), State Department is currently implementing the recall only on the I-129F Petition for K-1 Visas, for reasons which are not clear.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Aussie, do you believe even those that didn't comitt the offenses will have to supply the police records?

And if it's advisable, which police records? We know the state one is easy to get, but how do we prove that's the only state the petitioner ever lived? And the FBI one takes 1-2 months. I'm unsure as to what we should do now.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Aussie, do you believe even those that didn't comitt the offenses will have to supply the police records?

And if it's advisable, which police records? We know the state one is easy to get, but how do we prove that's the only state the petitioner ever lived? And the FBI one takes 1-2 months. I'm unsure as to what we should do now.

Well what does everybody else think from reading the draft? On my reading it, it is asking for those that have any of the offences listed, to supply a police and court records of such. It doesnt seem to say that these are required if the answer is negative. The USCIS has various data bases to do background checks......what they seem to be asking for is hard copy from the petitioner. Perhaps this is what would be then shown to the beneficiary/applicant at interview as is mentioned in the IMBRA.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: Timeline

Didn't everyone read the new I-129f form? You only need documentation if you HAVE been convicted of any of the listed crimes.

From the Instructions:

9. What Documents Do You Need to Comply With the InternationalMarriage Broker Regulation Act?

If you have ever been convicted of any of the following crimes, submit certified copies of all court and policerecords showing the charges and dispositions for every such conviction. (This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone,including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney,told you that you no longer have a record.

Domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse andneglect, dating violence, elder abuse, and stalking.

Homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusivesexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture,trafficking, peonage, holding hostage, involuntaryservitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction,unlawful criminal restraint, false imprisonment, or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

Crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcoholon three or more occasions, and such crimes did notarise from a single act.

From the form:

2. Have you ever been by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court martialed by a military tribunal for any of the followingcrimes. This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney, told you that you no longer have a record. (Check all that apply. Using a separate sheet(s) of paper, attach information relating to the conviction(s), such as crime involved, date of conviction and sentence.)

Domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, dating violence, elder abuse and stalking.

Homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusive sexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking, peonage,holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint, false imprisonment or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

And, of course, it was addressed while I was still gathering the information. lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Timeline

desperatewife,

Read the I-129f instructions. There is a section specific to married petitioners that tells them what sections of the instructions should be ignored as applicable only to fiance(e)s.

Yodrak

I want to know, in the certification section ( section D) it stats " I am legally able to and intend to marry my fiance(e) within 90 days ...." so does this mean that onlythe ones who filed for K1s will be signing this and returning it. I would think that if us married people needed to sign they would have a certification for us?

Why would I want tosign saying I will marry my fiance withn 90 days of his arrival, when I am already married to him?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's what I understood from the draft, but with USCIS, you never know, although the instructions are always pretty clear.

Edited by Luis&Laura

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.