GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I also called USCIS today, I was transferred 3 times and this guy who didn´t nothing about the IMBRA law (but he wasn´t just an operator) told me Vermont has no phone to talk to customers there.

So whoever thoght that Vermont answered you by phone is wrong.

That is what Yodrak, myself and many other members have been posting forever in various threads........There is no way to call the individual service centers. And there is no way other then CSC to email. All calls can only be made to NCSC 1800 number that you have all been calling......and as everyone has found out.......nothing. They honestly probably have no real idea of what is happening as the petitions have gone to the individual service centers. The only information they will be able to give you on your cases is what you can read for yourselves in your online case status.

That is true.

Although, as I posted before, I received an email from NVC and one from CSC saying my petition is back in Vermont.

That means all recalled petitions should be there already as well.

As we know where they are, we know where we should get the information from.

If we can´t reach Vermont, we must go after those who can.

I mean, Vermont has our case and they are not being updated.

I´m just trying to get you guys to help me think what´s the best plan to get this information wihin Vermont.

Please, please don´t tell me the best plan is to wait.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rlt

The problem is that there may not be anything else to do but wait. Short of a mass protest they are not giving out information. Whether that is because they don't have that information to give yet....or they are just sitting tight, is anyones guess. Even when there is the usual holdups with petitions through AR, AP or the security checks, not even a congressman is able to get any real information. That is just the way it is. I know this is hard on everyone concerned, and I feel deeply for you all, I just dont think there is going to be anything that anyone can really do except to wait :(

I worry too, that rub them up the wrong way, whats to stop them from putting the cases to the bottom of the file. I know personally of someone that was from within DHS in a relatively high position. If and when someone complained too much, their cases were indeed put to the bottom of the pile. This is not immigration that I am talking about but it is still relevant. I just dont want to see this happen to anyones petition. They have your future in their hands.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My best guess is that we wait for news, and yes, not just sit and wait patiently, we can still call and send letters, but that´s all we can do right now.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

So, it seems like the orders that USCIS will follow were given by the DHS.

Has anyone tried to call them and ask whether they have already given them instructions or not?

They will only answer american citizens, so I can´t call them.

I think if the operator doesn´t know, it´s much more like they´ll be able to ask someone within the DHS than an USCIS officer.

Could any of you USC online give them a call and ask?

Timeline
My best guess is that we wait for news, and yes, not just sit and wait patiently, we can still call and send letters, but that´s all we can do right now.

Well it just sucks knowing that this process is very long, specially for us who are not going through Vermont, and we have to wait for maybe when we think everything is dated and we're making plans and ready to be together they drop another bomb saying oh no the law has changed now u have to do this and that please, that's torture :crying::crying:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

rlt,

The reason that all the recalls apparently came from Vermont is probably not a Vermont problem implementing IMBRA. All of the SCs are in the same situation regarding the implementation of IMBRA - they need guidance from a central and higher level authority on how to do it.

The problem with Vermont is probably, as I think a few other posters have previously suggested, that Vermont is generally ahead of the other SCs in processing. Vermont started to work on petitions dated after March 6 while at all other SCs those petitions were still sitting on the shelf. The other SCs didn't process incorrectly because they didn't process at all.

Going after Vermont, or Vermont via any other SC, is not going to get the information people want. The SCs are almost certainly not the place where the new processes and procedures are being developed (although hopefully the SCs have a seat at the table).

Yodrak

I also called USCIS today, I was transferred 3 times and this guy who didn´t nothing about the IMBRA law (but he wasn´t just an operator) told me Vermont has no phone to talk to customers there.

So whoever thoght that Vermont answered you by phone is wrong.

That is what Yodrak, myself and many other members have been posting forever in various threads........There is no way to call the individual service centers. And there is no way other then CSC to email. All calls can only be made to NCSC 1800 number that you have all been calling......and as everyone has found out.......nothing. They honestly probably have no real idea of what is happening as the petitions have gone to the individual service centers. The only information they will be able to give you on your cases is what you can read for yourselves in your online case status.

That is true.

Although, as I posted before, I received an email from NVC and one from CSC saying my petition is back in Vermont.

That means all recalled petitions should be there already as well.

As we know where they are, we know where we should get the information from.

If we can´t reach Vermont, we must go after those who can.

I mean, Vermont has our case and they are not being updated.

I´m just trying to get you guys to help me think what´s the best plan to get this information wihin Vermont.

Please, please don´t tell me the best plan is to wait.

Edited by Yodrak

There was a law passed. The USCIS must abide by that law. Nothing you do or say to anyone at any level of the USCIS will change the law. Their hands are tied ... they don't have discretion about whether or not to follow the law. If you are upset and want change I suggest making your concerns known to those that made the law and have the power to change it. Call or write your congressmen. Clogging the emails/faxes/phone lines of the USCIS/NVC/consulates is not going to change the law, but may slow down an already slow process further. Even if you find someone in the immigration path that completely agrees with you, they can't violate the laws that have been imposed upon them. The Director of Homeland Security himself cannot change this for you.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline
There was a law passed. The USCIS must abide by that law. Nothing you do or say to anyone at any level of the USCIS will change the law. Their hands are tied ... they don't have discretion about whether or not to follow the law. If you are upset and want change I suggest making your concerns known to those that made the law and have the power to change it. Call or write your congressmen. Clogging the emails/faxes/phone lines of the USCIS/NVC/consulates is not going to change the law, but may slow down an already slow process further. Even if you find someone in the immigration path that completely agrees with you, they can't violate the laws that have been imposed upon them. The Director of Homeland Security himself cannot change this for you.

Has anyone here said anything about changing the law?

I think what we want is an update of the status of applications, since they seem to be stuck waiting for a new request.

Timeline

I re-read that memo from DHS and it´s pretty clear that once they make the new I-129F form the petitioners will know about it. Either DHS will send it to the petitonaries or the form will be posted for download. I am sure that they´ll update their sites and let us know.

It´s horrible not knowing WHEN that will happen, but I´m now accepting we must wait. So ok, we wait.

Hopefully I won´t grow roots while I wait. :(

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
I re-read that memo from DHS and it´s pretty clear that once they make the new I-129F form the petitioners will know about it. Either DHS will send it to the petitonaries or the form will be posted for download. I am sure that they´ll update their sites and let us know.

It´s horrible not knowing WHEN that will happen, but I´m now accepting we must wait. So ok, we wait.

What about the "In the meantime DHS will

send additional questionnaires to the petitioners

inquiring about their possible criminal backgrounds" part?

When will this happen?

Timeline

I think that was said in case they do send the new form to the petionaries.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Guys,

the Dept. of State released a statement saying that DHS will

inquiring about their possible criminal backgrounds.

We must call DHS and ask WHEN !!!

Their phone (for citizens only) is 202-282-8000

We can use the statement as an argument.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is what I just sent to Department of Homeland Security

Recently I filed a K-1 visa petition. Recently I have been reading where the I-129F application did not meet the requirements for the recently passed law International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act which requires that questions be asked as to the petitioner's criminal background as to things like domestic violence. I want to know since I filed my petition before the I-129F application required any questions as to the petitioner's criminal background can I expect additional papers in the mail to fill out and how many days, weeks, or months will this add to the process?

If anyone else wants to send your questions or comments to DHS this is the webpage.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/contactus

PS..........Catagory Immigration then click submit to send email

Junior (Alabama, USA) Mary Grace (Philippines)

AOS transferred to CSC April 11, 2007

I-485 approval notice October 5, 2007

Filed: Timeline

Luis&Laura,

Where did you find a DHS memo? Can you point to it, please? I'd like to see it.

Yodrak

Timeline

It´s that visa policy telegram report from the DHS official site that was posted here already. The one talking about the Recalled Petitons. It´s nothing that hasn´t been shown here.

"A 60-day deadline, March 5, 2006, was established

for DHS to begin asking K-1 fiancé(e) petitioners for

their criminal background information.

While most K-1 cases under the new IMBRA requirements

were held at the service centers pending development of a

new form I-129F...

In the meantime DHS will

inquiring about their possible criminal backgrounds."

It´s clear, isn´t it?

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.