Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm not sure if we can ask the white house about IMBRA?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/interactive/interact_1.html

Does anyone try this yet?

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just that NVC repplied to my e-mail saying they need my EAC number even if I didn´t ask anything about my case in particular. Meaning I´ll get the same thing you did. NOTHING.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just that NVC repplied to my e-mail saying they need my EAC number even if I didn´t ask anything about my case in particular. Meaning I´ll get the same thing you did. NOTHING.

In your particular case, you won´t get anything from NVC, since your NOA2 wasn´t issued yet (correct?)

Even though it´s being imposible to get an answer from them, USCIS is dealing with the processes at this stage.

---

I believe I have some news and that can be taken as the status of ALL RECALLED PETITIONS.

At least it makes sense.

Just to brief you all, because I don´t remember if I posted in this thread or another one:

I received an email from NVC saying they had my recalled case there and they returned it to the USCIS.

I had also emailed the California Service Center, even though my case is from Vermont. That was the only email contact I could find.

After 5 emails strugling for an answer, I got this from them:

"You should phone the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and inform them of your inquiry. They will either answer your question or send it to Vermont Service Center to answer. I phoned National Visa Center (NVC) today and they did return the petition to that Vermont location. Essentially the petition has completed processing. It was approved by USCIS, Vermont Service Center who sent it to the NVC who referred it to the Consulate for interview. The Visa was not issued by the Consulate and was returned to USCIS for revocation on our system."

I know it doesn´t answer what will happen now. But I believe that´s what happening to all recalled petition.

I am not an english native speaker, so I have no idea of what REVOCATION ON OUR SYSTEM means.

Can anyone tell me the exact meaning of that?

As soon as I understand that I will call USCIS and if they don´t hang up on me I will demand an information further than what I have.

I am not an english native speaker, so I have no idea of what REVOCATION ON OUR SYSTEM means.

As soon as I understand that I will call USCIS and if they don´t hang up on me I will demand an information further than what I have.

revoke.........in this instance taking it as meaning that the approval will be reversed within their system.....the necessary background checks then done on the petitioner before it will be approved again.

revocation of a petition usually happens when a conof at an interview believes a petition should not have been approved. I wont go into examples of why that happens here. They send it back to NVC with a recommendation for revocation. NVC then forwards to CIS service centers. Just thought I'd add this so to understand the word.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

revoke.........in this instance taking it as meaning that the approval will be reversed within their system.....the necessary background checks then done on the petitioner before it will be approved again.

Ok, so that didn´t mean anything new, right?

I´m on hold to USCIS now.

I won´t hang up until they give me more information.

I mean, I just got an email from them telling me to call them for more information...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Beginning new topic regarding our petition to Paul Novak, director of VSC. All those recalled or cancelled by VSC PLEASE check out the topic 'VSC Petition from all those affected'

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...ont/aboutus.htm

Customer Feedback:

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 1000

Saint Albans, Vermont 05479.

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

If you feel you were mistreated by a USCIS employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a USCIS employee, you may write to the Center Director, or write directly to the:

Director, Office of Internal Audit

425 Eye Street, NW

Room 3260

Washington, DC 20536

Please be specific and reference specific case numbers and dates to provide the best way for us to understand and assess your complaint.

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

Timeline

They´ve got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I´m so upset right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on hold for 25 minutes, spoke to an operator, read the email I received from the USCIS with some information and ASKING me to call their number.

She said she didn´t know more than my case being approved in April and sent to the NVC.

Then I told her I wasn´t gonna accept that and wished to speak to a supervisor.

She transferred me and 10 minutes later this person came to talk to me and said "Hello Sir, I understand your petition was sent back from your consulate after interview was scheduled due to the IMBRA law, is that correct?"

I said yes, and she said "Ok, I´ve never heard of IMBRA and don´t know what that means"

I was gonna read the whole OFFICIAL STATEMENT for her but she said she would transfer me to someone who have more information about this. So, of course, I agrred.

And then, for my surprise I was transferred to the same first recorded message you hear when you dial USCIS number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes waiting again, and I´m sure I won´t talk to someone who has a clue about this!

More: I´m not even calling from the United States! I´m paying for this!

Timeline

I guess it´s pretty clear they´re not giving out info and period. We must wait now, and that´s it.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, I finally got through to USCIS on the phone. The customer service rep and the supervisor both told me that "we have no information on that [iMBRA] at this time"-- I'm assuming that since they used the exact same words that everyone is being told to give out that standard answer. I was advised that since Barrie received the recall letter on 5/19, to wait until 6/19 and call again if I haven't been advised by mail that Vermont has received our application back; at the moment there are no records showing that Vermont has gotten the case back.

<sigh>

Oh, and they suggested I call the State Department, and gave me a number. I'm not going to bother.

Timeline

I called the State Dept. yesterday

They couldn´t do anything.

I also called USCIS today, I was transferred 3 times and this guy who didn´t nothing about the IMBRA law (but he wasn´t just an operator) told me Vermont has no phone to talk to customers there.

So whoever thoght that Vermont answered you by phone is wrong.

He said that it makes sense to him that, if they recalled the cases to ask for further ciminal records, they will do so and return the petition back to the Consulate.

Of course he couldn´t say if they are already doing it or not.

I still think we need to pressure them somehow. We tried over the phone and we failed.

So we should either try a letter or getting those who are not customers and can get through Vermont by phone, meaning Congressmen, Senators, etc.

I also called USCIS today, I was transferred 3 times and this guy who didn´t nothing about the IMBRA law (but he wasn´t just an operator) told me Vermont has no phone to talk to customers there.

So whoever thoght that Vermont answered you by phone is wrong.

That is what Yodrak, myself and many other members have been posting forever in various threads........There is no way to call the individual service centers. And there is no way other then CSC to email. All calls can only be made to NCSC 1800 number that you have all been calling......and as everyone has found out.......nothing. They honestly probably have no real idea of what is happening as the petitions have gone to the individual service centers. The only information they will be able to give you on your cases is what you can read for yourselves in your online case status.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
:yes:

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.