GaryC

Lets collect some information about IMBRA effects

1,434 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

----

Ok.. how frustrated can a person get?

Just got off the phone. The lady who answered my phone call was very polite and after I asked her wether USCIS is ready to send out the new forms or not, she asked me to hold and promised not to transfer me to them.

So, when she came back, she said they have no information saying the Service Centers are sending out new forms. The last information she has is that Consulates are returning these petitions.

So, she couldn´t tell me for sure, but it seems to her that they are still implementing or preparing the new system.

She said they are taking a lot of phone calls about that and they realize how many people are desperate for a solution.

But, when it comes to a "do you t´hink this is gonna take months" kind of question, all the answers are still pretty vague.

All she said was "I certainly hope not".

Could anyone call USCIS and ask the same question, please? It´s not a toll free from outside USA and my phone bill is gonna be huge.

Please.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well if Vermont is on March 6th my date is on March 10th....but one little problem my fiance nor I have been notified yet about the cancellation and our interview is on the 23rd of june....i mean it is possible and the mail syatem in JA is not that great but makes me wonder if somehow we slipped by....hhmmm

nannygirl

Have you been able to check to see if March 10 is the received date on your NOA1 or the notice date. This may confirm then perhaps why your interview hasnt been cancelled and the petition hasnt been returned.

hi..

it says Receipt date March 10 and Notics Date March 20th...so i guess either way i fall in the timeline correct??? i am jsut wondering why we haven't heard anything yet...if we will hear anything at all?????? :blink:

Fingers crossed for you, but yeah you do fall into the timeline of those that are being recalled.

thanks....my toes and fingers are crossed... :lol:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Apologies for not reading aroiund to se if this has been posted, but the immigration attorney who posts to AVUMB posted this yesterday:

HEADS UP -- DHS Error -- Post 3/6/2006 K-1 Petitions Recalled

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375323

"It seems that approximately 1100 K-1 petitions filed with CIS after March 6, 2006 were mistakenly approved without the necessary background checks ont he petitoners. Those visa petitions are being recalled from the Consulates for proper processing in compliance with the law." (more)

At least we know there is a finite number (are most of them listed here, lol?)

m

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline
How in the world do you get to a human on the USCIS phone?

I think you diall their number and then 1-2-6-1.. smething like this

They will ask for your receipt number (you must press 322 for the EAC letters as well) and then I think you just hold.

I remember sometime they said PRESS 5 to speak to an operator.

It would help a lot to know if they have the new questionnaires or if they´re waiting.

I tink that´s all.

Shouldn´t be that hard for them to answer!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As we are aware, there are a few cases getting approvals thru Nebraska these last few days. SO have they figured out this new law, and implemented the necessary steps to abide by the new law? IF so we have not heard from any of them saying they received and RFE's, so maybe they are just doing the checks, without any paperwork on our part. I wish some of them would let us know.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

As we are aware, there are a few cases getting approvals thru Nebraska these last few days. SO have they figured out this new law, and implemented the necessary steps to abide by the new law? IF so we have not heard from any of them saying they received and RFE's, so maybe they are just doing the checks, without any paperwork on our part. I wish some of them would let us know.

I think you will find that those cases have NOA1's before March 6. If you know of one after that PLEASE TELL US!

Timeline

No, that´s not the case.

All Servic Centers but Vermont are still processing cases dated before March 6th because they do not need to meet the new request.

And the new request is the criminal records of petitioners, so they can look at it and see who meet the new IMBRA law and who doesn´t.

So, they will be sending out new instructions to everyone after March 6h. Or, if we´re lucky they will put this on their website for download.

It´s impossible to get this answered right now, since this new request for criminal records doesn´t seem to be ready yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Apologies for not reading aroiund to se if this has been posted, but the immigration attorney who posts to AVUMB posted this yesterday:

"It seems that approximately 1100 K-1 petitions filed with CIS after March 6, 2006 were mistakenly approved without the necessary background checks ont he petitoners. Those visa petitions are being recalled from the Consulates for proper processing in compliance with the law." (more)

m

You're right about that and considering that this is worldwide, 1,100 isn't SO many. Honestly, I was imagining more like 5,000+. If the SCs buckle down and work they could get these older petitions reprocessed and approved in a matter of weeks and for people without criminal records/prior petitions, maybe the wait won't be ridiculously long and they can continue where they left off waiting for interviews. AND newer petitions can start being processed.

Good luck to everyone being affected by this new law (and to everyone in general too)! Hopefully, now that they've recognized an exact number (more or less) and have recalled most of them, people who haven't gotten any information about their case in relation to the IMBRA can relax a litle bit and assume they won't be affected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline

m

You're right about that and considering that this is worldwide, 1,100 isn't SO many. Honestly, I was imagining more like 5,000+. If the SCs buckle down and work they could get these older petitions reprocessed and approved in a matter of weeks and for people without criminal records/prior petitions, maybe the wait won't be ridiculously long and they can continue where they left off waiting for interviews. AND newer petitions can start being processed.

Good luck to everyone being affected by this new law (and to everyone in general too)! Hopefully, now that they've recognized an exact number (more or less) and have recalled most of them, people who haven't gotten any information about their case in relation to the IMBRA can relax a litle bit and assume they won't be affected.

Sorry not to be as optimistic as you.

What scares me the most is not even the affect that IMBRA will have n petitioner´s criminal records but how long will take to USCIS to start requesting it from them.

It doesn´t look like it´s gonna be tomorrow.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

m

Not sure how you defined "worldwide" but all 1100 approved petitions are out of Vermont I believe, since it was the only service center issuing NOA2's after March 6th. So it will be an additional workload on one service center.

The number of issued NOA1's with a received date after March 6th is going to be much greater than 1100 and alot of us are in that boat wondering what the next step going to be.

m

Not sure how you defined "worldwide" but all 1100 approved petitions are out of Vermont I believe, since it was the only service center issuing NOA2's after March 6th. So it will be an additional workload on one service center.

The number of issued NOA1's with a received date after March 6th is going to be much greater than 1100 and alot of us are in that boat wondering what the next step going to be.

Vermont will be fine.......and they will haul a$$. They have done so in the past and they will now. They are a very well oiled machine compared to other service centers and have good leadership.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

aikorob K1 Ukraine TSC 03/31

Can someone tell me if the additional checking being done by USCIS will require any input from us, or is this another internal check by them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:lol: I just pretend like I have a rotary phone, listen to the spanish messages for 10 min, then I get transfered to a spanish speaking operator and tell them I need english and get helped everytime. :lol: I gave up trying to figure it out by pressing numbers. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

:lol: I just pretend like I have a rotary phone, listen to the spanish messages for 10 min, then I get transfered to a spanish speaking operator and tell them I need english and get helped everytime. :lol: I gave up trying to figure it out by pressing numbers. :star:

I finally got through. To bad I wasted 30 minutes of my life. The nice lady I talked to didn't seem to know much about it. She went to talk to her supervisor and came back and read something off of a paper to me that had nothing to do with IMBRA. I asked her about wether we would be getting RFE for our criminal backround check or not and she said something about "fingerprinting". I doubt if she really knew what she was talking about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.