CassandraHaydar

Converting for your Muslim SO?

Converting for your Muslim SO?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. When you married a Muslim, did you convert to Islam? Or, if you are not yet married, what is your guess?

• I was already Muslim.
    • Yes, at my SO's request.
    • Yes, but I would have anyway.
    • No.
    • I haven't decided yet.
    • Other

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Muhammad sal allahu alayhi wa salaam is in the bible. You may disagree but that's my belief and others. Maybe she's talking about the Comforter in John 14.

The Comforter is the Ruach HaKodesh: JOHN 14:25, 26: "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

What JP said is correct though-- Muslims have decided Mohammed is in the Bible and Christians and Jews believe otherwise. We're definately not going to ever agree on this.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school, hated it the entire time. lol My Grandmother would go crazy when I told her I didn't really believe, she would immediately run and light candles, why this makes any difference, I have no clue. My mother brings the priest to the house, the father is from India, a cute old man who’s English needs much improving, I love him, but I still don’t really believe. He always says, Sherry I pray for you to come back to your faith. I remember one time he came to the house to throw holy water all over the place, I am thinking I sure hope this stuff doesn’t start to burn me. lol :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school, hated it the entire time. lol My Grandmother would go crazy when I told her I didn't really believe, she would immediately run and light candles, why this makes any difference, I have no clue. My mother brings the priest to the house, the father is from India, a cute old man who's English needs much improving, I love him, but I still don't really believe. He always says, Sherry I pray for you to come back to your faith. I remember one time he came to the house to throw holy water all over the place, I am thinking I sure hope this stuff doesn't start to burn me. lol :devil:

I just had a feeling you were raised Catholic. Me too, Catholic elementary school as well. Look at us now! :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
I just had a feeling you were raised Catholic. Me too, Catholic elementary school as well. Look at us now!

Do you still have the damn guilt, why do Catholics always have that guilty feeling :wacko:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was in the Army for 11 yrs and was in Intel... studied the religion and the people and it all just clicked (but was married to a Christian man). The marriage was very difficult and long story short. I knew my huband before my shahada but when I came home and told him on line he said he knew I was the girl for him.... we fell in love shortly afterward Alihamdolilah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school, hated it the entire time. lol My Grandmother would go crazy when I told her I didn't really believe, she would immediately run and light candles, why this makes any difference, I have no clue. My mother brings the priest to the house, the father is from India, a cute old man who's English needs much improving, I love him, but I still don't really believe. He always says, Sherry I pray for you to come back to your faith. I remember one time he came to the house to throw holy water all over the place, I am thinking I sure hope this stuff doesn't start to burn me. lol :devil:

I just had a feeling you were raised Catholic. Me too, Catholic elementary school as well. Look at us now! :lol:

You 2 are such evil sinners!! :jest:

Just curious, what religion doesn't pressure you to stay with them through threats?

I think everyone has a right to follow their heart. But to convert just to make their SO happy is wrong wrong wrong. Keep in mind (if you believe in God) that God/Allah knows your heart. So if you convert/revert for someone other than your own beliefs then it is totally wasted.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I just had a feeling you were raised Catholic. Me too, Catholic elementary school as well. Look at us now!

Do you still have the damn guilt, why do Catholics always have that guilty feeling :wacko:

Once Catholic always Catholic. It's as if we have a secret language. :P

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Once Catholic always Catholic. It's as if we have a secret language. :P

And I thought it was only me trying to escape the invisible wall of guilt... I feel much better now.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Interesting thread....I have often wondered about this (but wasn't going to ask cos I didn't think it was place to) thanks for all your answers :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
oh boy....

have some :pop:

Or we can just make this easy.....

Christians believe Mohammed was not mentioned in the bible...

Muslims believe Mohammed was mentioned in the bible.....

END OF STORY...agree to disagree :thumbs: Because frankly no one here is going to be able to convince anyone otherwise.

That's basically what I was trying to say. Thanks :star:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just popping in...

I converted/reverted when I was a freshman in college (2000) after a literature class sparked my interest...I was raised catholic although my family is not very religious. So, I was already a Muslim long before I met my DH. As was already mentioned in this thread, he (and I) both believes no one should ever convert to a religion unless they truly believe in that religion, he felt if he a married a non-Muslim she would only convert for him which is a terrible reason to convert.

Anyway, alhamdulilah..that's my story.

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.