Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

g.gif od!!! Best of Lucks!!! Congratulations!! Edited by Yiyi and Chris

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your case is almost exactly the same as ours except ours is being returned back to USCIS yet again. Hopefully Marc or someone can do something to stop this nonsense and get us our visa.

I wish the both of you a happy and promising future together.

Best regards,

Jeff

Congrats! When you get a chance,can you please fill us in on what ME did for you and what happened when the Chief reviewed your case?

Good Luck on the rest of your journey! :dancing::thumbs:

From what Marc told me, this was a weird one. He presented our case along with some others. He was told a few minutes later that our case had been approved. I don't know why it was miraculously approved. Marc had everything laid out with all our evidence, a direct rebuttal including case law & presidents. My thinking was between me pestering the consulate, my congressman contacting them, and Marc showing up to represent me, they just wanted to get rid of the case instead of looking like idiots. I have no other logical explanation.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Boy I wish I found this website a week or two ago. We in a similar boat to the thread AmericanGentleman started.

My fiancee, Ngoc had her interview at the HCMC Consulate on Monday the 16th at 8 am.

We thought we were really well prepared. We ran through the instructions multiple times, made sure we had everything in duplicate. Our lawyer (US Lawyer) said our case should be open and shut no problem. We had plenty of evidence and it was well documented. Ngoc listened and practiced sample questions prepared by our lawyer, and I grilled her to make sure we were prepared.

Then disaster struck.

Ngoc was interviewed by a Asian man and a female translator. Had we known about the translators, Ngoc would have done the interview in English. We only opted for the translator, because we didn't want any misunderstandings. Big mistake.

Looking back on what was asked, these seem to be the problem:

How did you meet? = My Uncle JBV and introduced us.

How did you Fiance propose? = He gave me a diamond ring and asked me to marry him. -- this lead to two more questions

You didn't have an engagement party? = No, just proposed with the ring

What is your relationship to your Uncle? What is your Uncle's relationship to your fiance? = My uncle is my Grandmother's Sister's Son (so really 2nd cousin). Uncle JBV and my fiance are friends.

Here is the big problem - Translator still says to the interviewer that Uncle JBV is an Uncle not a Grandmother's Sister's Son.

Then the BLUE slip asking for the following:

Two Electronic DS 156 (We had two typed ones -- ok no big deal, we goofed a little on the convoluted instructions)

List of Names, dates of birth, addresses of Family in the US -- Ok we can get this together fairly easily

Timeline of relationship - Ok no problem, can have it notorized at the embassy. Only problem is I write JBV is her 2nd cousin (which is 100% true).

Petitioner - Proof of purchase of 3 trips worth of airline tickets by credit card statement (weird considering my tickets are included in the packet with our proof, but not a problem)

We rush around all morning thinking we just need to turn this in, and we will be in good shape. Go back to the embassy at 3 pm. Told by security I cannot have my timeline notorized until 8 am. Ok no biggie, what is one more day?

We go back on the afternoon of June 17th at 1pm. We figure it shouldn't take like maybe one and a half hours. Four hours later Ngoc comes out crying saying " They Said We Lied!" #######?

We got the GREEN SLIP:

Beneficiary and Petitionerstatement conflict = She says her Uncle introduced them and her uncle is friends with petitioner. Petitioner says 2nd cousin introduced them, and that Uncle is his best friend

Claim to have started communicating in March 2006, but email starts in August 2007.

Internet phone records only show billing, not phone number of petitioner or beneficiary

Photographs submitted as proof do not show the petitioner and beneficiary have spent more than 2 days together.

CASE BEING SENT BACK TO USCIS

#######?

So I call the Consulate on the cab ride, and am told I cannot speak to a CO. Our case is being returned etc. I said your CO didn't do their job. I can prove he is wrong. They say ok, bring back the GREEN sheet with your proof.

So I write a nice letter explaining everything. The translators miscue, the fact that we are talking about the same exact person, regardless if he is her uncle or second cousin or other semantic BS. I don't know why there was no email from March 2006 to August 2007. I print out our backups of the missing email. I download detailed billing from Skype and Yahoo Voice showing Ngoc's phone number and the time and cost of each call. Finally and this is the one that really annoys me is the pictures. We submitted about two hundred photos. I went and printed 800 more photos from my flickr account. Each with a date stamp showing the date the photo was taken from the EXIF information. Over 15 different days. 2 my butt.

Head back to the embassy at 8 am. Get sassmouthed by the woman at the window. I demand to speak to a CO and an American. Finally she says if I come at 1pm I can talk to one of the COs.

1pm comes around. I am first in line. Get my ticket and wait. Talk to another local at the window. Won't let me do anything without giving him our Green sheet and proof. Gives me another ticket and says wait by window number 9. 3 Hours go by and it seems everyone with Fiancee cases has been called over a hour ago. Now we are into regular immigration and work type visas from what I can tell. Only locals show their faces in the windows. So when a window opens up I jumped in before they could call the next number. THEY FORGOT ABOUT ME. Then I had to give them my Fiancee's name again, case number etc. Wait some more please. She comes back finally about 40 minutes later. Sir this visa is being sent back to the US. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I said I want to talk to the supervisor now. Thinking that if I can talk to an American, he will use his brain and see, duh well we had some paperwork to get cleared up, but we would have it settled. No Dice. Middle aged guy wearing glasses.

I asked him what seemed to be the problem. He said they had a "feeling" our relationship was a sham. I was like what? I said we did everything you asked us. I wrote a detailed letter. I proved everything you said was an issue wasn't. Why do you "feel" our relationship is a sham, that is very nebulous. He said yeah it is. I asked him how can I prove to you that our relationship is genuine. He said I really don't see how you can. I said well look at the letter and the evidence. He said how do I know you did this, how do I know the evidence is real. You didn't sign your letter. I didn't because the man up front took it before I could ask questions. Could I sign it now? Do you have proof of who you say you are? Is my US Passport good enough? I'll hold off on sending this back to USCIS for a few weeks and maybe I'll look this stuff you provided over. I told him I am here until the 24th. Lets get this taken care of. I can come back everyday if needed. No DON'T COME BACK (it wasn't a suggestion), I'll call your girlfriend if I change my mind.

So needless to say we are floored. I just got back a few hours ago. I've called my representative and am waiting to be called back. I don't know what else to do, all our plans were tossed away. Our deposit for wedding pictures lost. We can't make invitations, her wedding dress, my suit. My parents are having to change their vacations at work. This is messing up two familys. Nevermind me having to explain to her relatives why we aren't getting a visa.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I feel sad after I read your post... Sometimes things happen for a reason.. Whatever reason He has for both of you I wish it will be for the better.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Finally Good News!

Ngoc's visa has been approved after review by the chief CO! I don't really have any details outside of they changed their mind. But I really don't care either, just happy we finally got it!

Best 4 am phone call I ever got!

Congratulations! :dance:

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

• 1 month later...
Just to update, Ngoc and I entered the US together yesterday! Going to get our marriage license today and getting married Saturday!

OMG i started with your post and kept saying to myself "#######" and then said wow alot of post to weed thru and then came to this page - wow - what a fab ending and major congrats to you both - I MEAN A REALLY HUGE CONGRATS!

Cheers

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just to update, Ngoc and I entered the US together yesterday! Going to get our marriage license today and getting married Saturday!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!! big big congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats bro! :dance::dance: I was reading through this thread as if I was watching a suspenseful TV show! :wow::wow: I read through all seven pages!!! So glad to see that it worked out, my heart still goes out to you guys for the added wait and stress but in the end it all worked out, give my best wishes to your wife

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

:dead: :dead: :dead: I'm sorry to hear this.. If I am in your situation. I might just elope to Chernobyl. Now that everything's ok, Congratulations!!!

My prayers for both of you... (F)

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations! :)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! What a wild and awesome story. Great ending... Send us some wedding pics.

Steff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.