mohamed N melinda

insulting religion

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I was speaking about threads in this forum. I'm used to the sparks now and I pretty much don't talk about religion here but hubby is tired and went to bed early tonight (west coast) and I'm trying out the new laptop and wireless we got. :star: Plus I'm hormonal. :innocent:

OMG, go away for one minute and come back and the thread has exploded. Too many things to comment on, so I am picking a neutral. Congrat on the wireless! and the new laptop!

I'd like to point out that I don't know that most of the Christians on this subforum (most, not all) would really "do" a Christian thread as it would involve a lot of private kind of talk I would imagine.

Did I ever tell you Ammar told me that a few months ago the Christian family in his village finally moved out? He said he felt sad for them. He didn't think anything was happening to them, but he said he thought they felt extremely isolated. He said there used to be like 3 families totalling around 100 people each... then there were about 500 of his family... then his family population exploded to about 3k and 2 of the other families dwindled out through moving and dying... then there was just one family with about 50 people or so. He isn't sure, but thinks they went to Irbed.

When my husband has been at his refugee appointments the vast majority of the people there were Christian Iraqis rather than muslim. I find it sad to see them leaving the middle east.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I have noticed that it is like a fashion in America to bash on Islam. Me being the only muslim in my family I recieve a lot of problems from my Christian family members. I don't take it personally. In fact I feel sorry for them that they chose to remain ignorant and not at least broaden their horizens to understand other faiths and beliefs. This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs.

As for the people that trash on Christianity on VJ. It may not be against the rules, but that doesn't mean people don't get offended or not say anything about it.

I read your post the same way JP did-- that it was fashion to bash Islam in the US and that it wouldn't hurt your family (or anyone) to broaden their horizons and learn about other religions-- not just learning abuot islam but any religion. Just so you know :) Glad you clarified.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

I was speaking about threads in this forum. I'm used to the sparks now and I pretty much don't talk about religion here but hubby is tired and went to bed early tonight (west coast) and I'm trying out the new laptop and wireless we got. :star: Plus I'm hormonal. :innocent:

OMG, go away for one minute and come back and the thread has exploded. Too many things to comment on, so I am picking a neutral. Congrat on the wireless! and the new laptop!

I'd like to point out that I don't know that most of the Christians on this subforum (most, not all) would really "do" a Christian thread as it would involve a lot of private kind of talk I would imagine.

Did I ever tell you Ammar told me that a few months ago the Christian family in his village finally moved out? He said he felt sad for them. He didn't think anything was happening to them, but he said he thought they felt extremely isolated. He said there used to be like 3 families totalling around 100 people each... then there were about 500 of his family... then his family population exploded to about 3k and 2 of the other families dwindled out through moving and dying... then there was just one family with about 50 people or so. He isn't sure, but thinks they went to Irbed.

The statement that was made earlier about Christians and Muslims living side by side happily is no longer the case. I would say they tolerate each other. That's not to say there aren't close friendships between families, surely they are, But the views are totally different and they don't discuss religion. However MENA isn't exactly a safe place for Christians either. There are several church services cancelled every year because the government is worried about terrorist attacks. Some of those services are heavily guarded by cops. MENA is not what is used to be.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

When my husband has been at his refugee appointments the vast majority of the people there were Christian Iraqis rather than muslim. I find it sad to see them leaving the middle east.

And this is why ALL religion fanatacism and extremism of ANY religion is bad. Christians have been able to live in Iraq with no problems up until the violence after the war and now must leave for their own safety:(

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Timeline
So this is where most of the action is tonight. Interesting.

Yep. I am at work for another 5 hours. It's fruitless to hope for the action to continue that long, but at least it may keep it interesting for a while :)

the scenario that mk posted has been completely ignored. i'm quite certain no one would give someone who had links to stormfront.org, or a david duke website, or a kkk website any benefit of doubt. i think it's wussy to do it in this particular case. it doesn't matter whether it's islam or hinduism, anything-perpetuating ignorance, lies and bigotry is garbage. and so are the people who further it.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
I have noticed that it is like a fashion in America to bash on Islam. Me being the only muslim in my family I recieve a lot of problems from my Christian family members. I don't take it personally. In fact I feel sorry for them that they chose to remain ignorant and not at least broaden their horizens to understand other faiths and beliefs. This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs.

As for the people that trash on Christianity on VJ. It may not be against the rules, but that doesn't mean people don't get offended or not say anything about it.

I read your post the same way JP did-- that it was fashion to bash Islam in the US and that it wouldn't hurt your family (or anyone) to broaden their horizons and learn about other religions-- not just learning abuot islam but any religion. Just so you know :) Glad you clarified.

Sorry I was misunderstood. I am a firm believer of freedom of religion and tolerance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The statement that was made earlier about Christians and Muslims living side by side happily is no longer the case. I would say they tolerate each other. That's not to say there aren't close friendships between families, surely they are, But the views are totally different and they don't discuss religion. However MENA isn't exactly a safe place for Christians either. There are several church services cancelled every year because the government is worried about terrorist attacks. Some of those services are heavily guarded by cops. MENA is not what is used to be.

Fear is a powerful and terrorfying motivator.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

And this is why ALL religion fanatacism and extremism of ANY religion is bad. Christians have been able to live in Iraq with no problems up until the violence after the war and now must leave for their own safety:(

So true though my husband was persecuted for his beliefs in Iraq and he was a muslim, but not of the majority.

Timeline

Yeah, I've seen that. In his opwn village I asked him if he knew the people and he said no. I asked him why not and he said he wasn't sure-- but that they kept to themselves and his family kept to themselves, and although they coexisted, they certainly were NOT mingling. They were not friendly nor unfriendly. Just tolerated eachother.... although once the 3 families had diminshed they could not keep up their church anymore and that was basically taken away from them. They had a second church, but that was siezed by the government when they were siezing land up there for the decapolis city. Ammar's father lost 90% of his land then too, so that wasn't religiously motivated. Made you somewhat appreciate imminent domain. ID really sucks but at least teh govt pays you something, anything! It's not real market value... but... it's better than losing the majority of your land and getting nothing in return.

Timeline
I don't know.... I think there's a bit of a difference between A.) an actual VJ member (non-troll) saying "I'm an atheist and Christians are the stupidest, ickiest people in the world" or "I'm a Christian and all Muslims are devil-worshippers".... and B.) linking organized hate sites which exist only to promote an agenda of intolerance toward a specific race, or religion, or nationality.

In fact, I see a big difference.

Well, I went to the site and read it. I saw it saying a lot of really negative things about Mohammed and a lot of people discussing why they apostated, and then I didn't get beyond that-- I saw a picture thread but surely did NOT go there. I can live without seeing stoning. I guess I don't see much difference between the two scenarios-- as either way you are expressing a negative opinion about the other person's beliefs (and I'm choosing beliefs here as opposed to race/nationality as you don't have a choice in the other two but you do in religion, hope that you understand my selective response since this was originally about religion). Not arguing for the right to post links or against it, just saying I don't see trashing someone in person, directly, as being better than posting a link. That could be my personality though, as I'd rather have someone posting a link in their siggy to some website espousing that Yeshua was an axe-murderer or a stoned man (someone tried to argue with me about that a few weeks ago, sigh) or whatever their differeing belief is than mine.. than see pictures or direct posts about it on threads.

Timeline
the scenario that mk posted has been completely ignored.

I hadn't gotten that far yet. I was getting a soda and got distracted looking for pumpkin pics and reading about pumpkin pruning when the thread exploded. The cutest part of your daughter's pic to me is that little sleeve and her little hand.

Ok, :ot2:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

first of all i know that you Tamara have all rights to post whatever links you want to post .

but give me one reason why you post that kinda link which insult Islam???!!!!!!!

as you just saying ''isn't there alot of other things in this world to get mad about ?'' so why you did not post any links about one of those things. why just about Islam ?????

and let me tell you something here in Egypt we will not put anyone in prison cause of his religion . thats a lie we will not put anyone in prison cause he convert to Islam and we will not put anyone in prison cause he convert to Christianity.

most of people in USA or in the western countries say '' hey i live in free country,i pay my own bills ,i pay taxes so I'm free to say anything about anything''

i really am unsure if they know what the freedom is ?

you guys have to know that your freedom end when the freedom of other people start . which mean there are limits for your freedom .cause you are free it does not mean you can hurt other people feelings .

now let me tell you very basic thing

why Muslims respects other religions and at the same time some of non-Muslims say bad words about Islam and about the prophet MUHAMMED (PBUH)

we respect and love all of GOD's messengers we respect and love MOSES,JESUS,ABRAHAM,MUHAMMED......and we can't say any bad words about them . but sometimes you can see non-Muslims say bad words about the prophet MUHAMMED and say we are free to say what we want to say :D

one more thing WHY ISLAM?????????

why you did not post any links which insult Christianity Tamara ? why you did not post any links which insult judaism????????

ok all i want to say is Islam is not that bad as you think .Muslims are not that bad as you think

people in USA and in the western countries convert to Islam every single day do you think they convert to Islam cause its bad religion ? or do you think they convert to Islam cause the prophet MUHAMMED was bad ???????

as you just said Tamra maybe no one ask you about your opinion or about what you think ?

maybe thats bad cause they did not ask you. but i think you showed them your opinion by posted those links . cause i know you are adult and you know what you do .

i wish if you ask Muslims about anything that you don't understand in Islam so they might expline it to you instead of posting those bad links

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.