mohamed N melinda

insulting religion

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I do wonder though if someone posted a link such as this about <insert another religion> would it be tolerated by the TOS?

People trash Christians and Christianity all the time on VJ and it is not a violation of TOS-- or if it is, it is not enforced.

Thank you for pointing this out. Not only is Christianity trashed but it seems like the religion of Islam is the only one that is shoved down peoples throats here on VJ. This is an immigration website and not everyone is Muslim or married to a Muslim. I don't start daily threads talking about Jesus or saying the Lord's prayer and I would be just as uncomfortable with that if it happened. Anytime religion or politics is discussed expect sparks to fly.

yes sparks do fly:) But yes, there are Christian threads though. There is actually a Bible verse thread. (I forget which forum its in). But everyone has freedom to speak on his religion when he/she feels it. No one has the right to deny them. (they just have to prepare for sparks)

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have noticed that it is like a fashion in America to bash on Islam. Me being the only muslim in my family I recieve a lot of problems from my Christian family members. I don't take it personally. In fact I feel sorry for them that they chose to remain ignorant and not at least broaden their horizens to understand other faiths and beliefs. This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs.

As for the people that trash on Christianity on VJ. It may not be against the rules, but that doesn't mean people don't get offended or not say anything about it.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

I do wonder though if someone posted a link such as this about <insert another religion> would it be tolerated by the TOS?

People trash Christians and Christianity all the time on VJ and it is not a violation of TOS-- or if it is, it is not enforced.

Thank you for pointing this out. Not only is Christianity trashed but it seems like the religion of Islam is the only one that is shoved down peoples throats here on VJ. This is an immigration website and not everyone is Muslim or married to a Muslim. I don't start daily threads talking about Jesus or saying the Lord's prayer and I would be just as uncomfortable with that if it happened. Anytime religion or politics is discussed expect sparks to fly.

yes sparks do fly:) But yes, there are Christian threads though. There is actually a Bible verse thread. (I forget which forum its in). But everyone has freedom to speak on his religion when he/she feels it. No one has the right to deny them. (they just have to prepare for sparks)

I was speaking about threads in this forum. I'm used to the sparks now and I pretty much don't talk about religion here but hubby is tired and went to bed early tonight (west coast) and I'm trying out the new laptop and wireless we got. :star: Plus I'm hormonal. :innocent:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

I have noticed that it is like a fashion in America to bash on Islam. Me being the only muslim in my family I recieve a lot of problems from my Christian family members. I don't take it personally. In fact I feel sorry for them that they chose to remain ignorant and not at least broaden their horizens to understand other faiths and beliefs. This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs.

As for the people that trash on Christianity on VJ. It may not be against the rules, but that doesn't mean people don't get offended or not say anything about it.

People in America trash every religion. Did you ever see the billboard of Jesus drinking the beer of his choice? Had that happened in Islam all hell would have broke loose. Christians have been bashed on forever but I guess most have a thicker skin to it now. Bashing on Islam is a fairly recent thing.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

There is nothing stopping anyone from posting a thread about Christianity on this section of VJ. I would personally have no problem with it at all. Everyone should have their chance to discuss what they like in a thread so long as it is not against the rules.

Timeline

yes you hit the nail on the head julianna :dance:

I don't know.... I think there's a bit of a difference between A.) an actual VJ member (non-troll) saying "I'm an atheist and Christians are the stupidest, ickiest people in the world" or "I'm a Christian and all Muslims are devil-worshippers".... and B.) linking organized hate sites which exist only to promote an agenda of intolerance toward a specific race, or religion, or nationality.

In fact, I see a big difference.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

People in America trash every religion. Did you ever see the billboard of Jesus drinking the beer of his choice? Had that happened in Islam all hell would have broke loose. Christians have been bashed on forever but I guess most have a thicker skin to it now. Bashing on Islam is a fairly recent thing.

I was a Christian for the first 26 years of my life. I don't need you to tell me what it is like, thanks anyway.

There is nothing stopping anyone from posting a thread about Christianity on this section of VJ. I would personally have no problem with it at all. Everyone should have their chance to discuss what they like in a thread so long as it is not against the rules.

I never said it wasn't allowed but people just don't do it. However most of this forum is about Islam this and Islam that...gets old.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

First off, I have never stated an opinion to 99% of VJ about Islam... just bcz you post a link doesnt mean that you have to agree with every word of it... my intention was for people to read that website and discern for themselves... I never said to anyone heres a link and i agree 100% on it and tell me what you think.... and neither has anyone asked me about my opinion about islam... so this whole thread before Mohamed starting it was started by someone sending me a PM then talking to a few other people on VJ and asking them to check out the link on my page... stop trying to keep rehashing the situation and make it more than what is it... End of Story

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

What the h.... ????? Those blasphemers. Everyone knows Jesus drinks WINE, not beer.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I was a Christian for the first 26 years of my life. I don't need you to tell me what it is like, thanks anyway.

Well then don't single out Islam as if its the only religion that is trashed in America.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My goodness, why are people so sensitive!!!

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Timeline

First off, I have never stated an opinion to 99% of VJ about Islam... just bcz you post a link doesnt mean that you have to agree with every word of it... my intention was for people to read that website and discern for themselves... I never said to anyone heres a link and i agree 100% on it and tell me what you think.... and neither has anyone asked me about my opinion about islam... so this whole thread before Mohamed starting it was started by someone sending me a PM then talking to a few other people on VJ and asking them to check out the link on my page... stop trying to keep rehashing the situation and make it more than what is it... End of Story

All the arguments you just made have nothing to do with anything I have said. Please reference the people who stated what you are arguing about.

What the h.... ????? Those blasphemers. Everyone knows Jesus drinks WINE, not beer.

:rofl: Yeah Robert Mondovi should have been all over that one. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.