kenk3z

VSC Now > 12 Months for I-751

13 posts in this topic

Timeline

Well, that's their official word on the USCIS web site. And we know the official word is optimistic.

The Green Card extension is good for 12 months. Since we know that will be exceeded now in almost all cases, what do we have to do to protect our immigration status? And our right of travel out of the country status?

I presume the immigration status doesn't change after the 12 months is up, unless of course you have to "prove" you are here legally. But you certainly can't leave the country and expect to come back in on an expired extension NOA.

So what do we all do? We have to get an InfoPass appointment for a passport stamp? If so, how long do you think that stamp will be valid? Will there be problems getting an InfoPass appointment if we ALL have to go?

kenk3z

Filed: Timeline

not so many years ago, 12+ months for removing of conditions was very normal. It took me 18 months. Since I wanted to travel after NOA extension expired, I went to the local office and got a stamp good for another year.

As you say, one needs that stamp only if prof of status is required (job, travel).

As you say, one needs that stamp only if prof of status is required (job, travel).

Or if the Law Enforcement Gestapo in some small hick town in Texas decides they wanna see. Just cuz' you look Mezikan or something.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I have a stupid question about the processing times... On the list it shows color coding of green and yellow, is this supposed to reflect speed/throughput or something else...? https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

I hope that VSC will speed up. They have done direct filers till Sep07. Looks like they do TSC transfers from end May/June. I would expect it to be 11-12 months.

Well, that's their official word on the USCIS web site. And we know the official word is optimistic.

The Green Card extension is good for 12 months. Since we know that will be exceeded now in almost all cases, what do we have to do to protect our immigration status? And our right of travel out of the country status?

I presume the immigration status doesn't change after the 12 months is up, unless of course you have to "prove" you are here legally. But you certainly can't leave the country and expect to come back in on an expired extension NOA.

So what do we all do? We have to get an InfoPass appointment for a passport stamp? If so, how long do you think that stamp will be valid? Will there be problems getting an InfoPass appointment if we ALL have to go?

kenk3z

Karina and Tomy

I have a stupid question about the processing times... On the list it shows color coding of green and yellow, is this supposed to reflect speed/throughput or something else...? https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC

I think the colors are just alternating (green for one application, yellow for the next) and have no greater meaning. I could be wrong, though!

Also, I am not sure how useful these processing times are since I believe they are meant to reflect the oldest case on file and are not indicative of average processing times. I think judging by VJ timelines, they are processing Aug/Sept cases for regular VSC filers, but are still processing older cases for the TSC batch-transfers.

We're prepared for a long wait. *sigh*

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the colors are just alternating (green for one application, yellow for the next) and have no greater meaning. I could be wrong, though!

Also, I am not sure how useful these processing times are since I believe they are meant to reflect the oldest case on file and are not indicative of average processing times. I think judging by VJ timelines, they are processing Aug/Sept cases for regular VSC filers, but are still processing older cases for the TSC batch-transfers.

We're prepared for a long wait. *sigh*

You are correct. :)

If your extension letter is about to expire, make an INFOPASS and go to your district office to get the I-551 stamp in your passport. Many of us have had to do this and I have yet to hear of anyone having problems getting it. The TSC transfers are getting close to being wrapped up (they are ranging from mid-may 2007 to end of june 2007) so hopefully there will be movement in the "main" list soon. But then again, it seems that everything going through VSC right now (fiance, spousal, I-751s, etc) is going very very slowly.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

i think they speeded it up. Now, i would say 10-11 months.

I hope that VSC will speed up. They have done direct filers till Sep07. Looks like they do TSC transfers from end May/June. I would expect it to be 11-12 months.

kenk3z

Karina and Tomy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

kenk3z

Then i should be JUST around the corner then. My local congreeman called today. He'd called the Vermont Service Centre and enquired about my case and they told him within the next few weeks but couldn't give an exact date because they are always failing to meet their dates.

Oct 29th 2004 -Met online
Oct 29th -First phone call
Dec 25th -She purposed and i said Yes!
May 10th I-130 Packet and Packet 3 sent off to me by the U.S. Consulate
May 16th -Received Packets 1-3 from the U.S. consulate
June 29th -I arrived in Puerto-Rico!
July 2nd -Married in Mayaguez, Puerto-Rico and also got our interview date for September 6th
August 17th -We arrived in Australia to file for Sep. 6th
September 6th - Filed DCF in Sydney and approved 1 hour later!
September 12 -Received my passport with the visa and yellow packet
November 24th -POE.......Guam,USA
December 12, 2005-Green Card arrived in the mail
September 11, 2007 -Filed I-751 on conditions
September 17 -VSC Receives my I-751 and issues NOA1
Oct 10 -Had biometrics taken in San Juan, Puerto Rico ASC
Oct 12 -Touched.
Aug 21, 2008 -Approved!...........finally
Sep 17, 2008 -Mailed off N-400
Oct 22, 2008 -Biometrics taken in San Juan ASC
Feb 12, 2009 -N-400 Interview
Feb 26, 2009 -Oath.....the end.

....................................*What we do in this life will have an echo in the life to come*...............................

Your NOA is mid Sep. Looks like you might be done with it in a month or so. Good luck!!! Keep us posted.

kenk3z

Then i should be JUST around the corner then. My local congreeman called today. He'd called the Vermont Service Centre and enquired about my case and they told him within the next few weeks but couldn't give an exact date because they are always failing to meet their dates.

Karina and Tomy

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Or if the Law Enforcement Gestapo in some small hick town in Texas decides they wanna see. Just cuz' you look Mezikan or something.

Do you look Mezican, Troll? :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Do you look Mezican, Troll? :P

What, you assume I'm only concerned about myself?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

If your extension letter is about to expire, make an INFOPASS and go to your district office to get the I-551 stamp in your passport. Many of us have had to do this and I have yet to hear of anyone having problems getting it. The TSC transfers are getting close to being wrapped up (they are ranging from mid-may 2007 to end of june 2007) so hopefully there will be movement in the "main" list soon. But then again, it seems that everything going through VSC right now (fiance, spousal, I-751s, etc) is going very very slowly.

I just want to make some clarifications. i also filed my 1-751 at TSC last dec 2007 and obviously transferred to VSC. My green card expired last March 2008. I have my NOA, extension letter too. When will my 1 year extention expired, is it the day i filed my I-751 and that is december? or MArch where my GC expired? i am planning to travel this dec 2008 to visit my family, but i am confused when i should make an infopass apt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.