morocco4ever

What if you died?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Anti tact? :whistle:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love you too, my Sister 0 !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love you too, 0livia!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I am thinking about writing a will and also somekind of paper (forgetting the name right now) that is recognized in 50 states and would give my hubby all medical decision power if i was incacipitated.

I would like to sign up for life insurance and put my hubby as beneficiary but we are moving back to Europe in couple of years and it complicates things. :(

:ot2: are you thinking of "power of attorney"?

It is called "health care advance directives", pretty much a power of attorney indeed. But i think it is a neat way to make sure your wishes are respected, especially when you have 2 families from different part of the globe and most likely different vision upon death.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
I hate thinking about things like this...well doesnt everyone. Before my husband left for Palestine last year, he mentioned something about him dying. I dont remember what brought the conversation on, but I could not deal with it then. I said "no habibi I dont awnt you to die!" He said "everyone dies you know. it is not in our hands. Whenever Allah wants us he takes us."

Sounds ominous. I hope he's not thinking of doing something stupid, like blowing himself up.

These types of comments are probably not what this community should be promoting. Maybe I am missing something but I believe we should be respectful of all cultures and be careful how things may be interpreted by others even if we did not mean to insult them.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

I hate thinking about things like this...well doesnt everyone. Before my husband left for Palestine last year, he mentioned something about him dying. I dont remember what brought the conversation on, but I could not deal with it then. I said "no habibi I dont awnt you to die!" He said "everyone dies you know. it is not in our hands. Whenever Allah wants us he takes us."

Sounds ominous. I hope he's not thinking of doing something stupid, like blowing himself up.

These types of comments are probably not what this community should be promoting. Maybe I am missing something but I believe we should be respectful of all cultures and be careful how things may be interpreted by others even if we did not mean to insult them.

I dont see a promotion. Reading things into a comment is rampid around here.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would hazard a guess that his point was that the comment promotes certain stereotypical assumptions about people from the Palestinian Territories. The anecdote didn't offer much detail - and the poster says she doesn't remember exactly what the conversation was about, it could have been about anything at all. There's nothing to suggest that the guy was thinking or planning on "blowing himself up", that's just taking a broad stereotype of an Islamic extremist and applying it to a private individual - while not knowing the first thing about that person. It's not the most offensive thing I've ever read - but it does seem a little insulting.

It wouldn't be too dissimilar from someone making blanket statements about people from the south being rednecks or inbred.

Edited by Number 6

I would hazard a guess that his point was that the comment promotes certain stereotypical assumptions about people from the Palestinian Territories. The anecdote didn't offer much detail - and the poster says she doesn't remember exactly what the conversation was about, it could have been about anything at all. There's nothing to suggest that the guy was thinking or planning on "blowing himself up", that's just taking a broad stereotype of an Islamic extremist and applying it to an individual. It's not the most offensive thing I've ever read - but it does seem a little insulting.

Placing your own assumptions in the gray areas is foolish. Carry-on!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would hazard a guess that his point was that the comment promotes certain stereotypical assumptions about people from the Palestinian Territories. The anecdote didn't offer much detail - and the poster says she doesn't remember exactly what the conversation was about, it could have been about anything at all. There's nothing to suggest that the guy was thinking or planning on "blowing himself up", that's just taking a broad stereotype of an Islamic extremist and applying it to an individual. It's not the most offensive thing I've ever read - but it does seem a little insulting.

Placing your own assumptions in the gray areas is foolish. Carry-on!

Mark's statement is clearly applying a general stereotype to an individual based on a vague comment and the knowledge of where the guy is from. That's not assumption - that's actually what's being said.

What's your reading of it then...? By way of a contrast?