morocco4ever

What if you died?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If I die pls make sure I am cremated asap! Then spread my ashes in a rose garden. You don't have to tell anybody or get permission to do that just go do it. And don't any of you cry for me. Have a big party instead with lots of colors and pretty smelling flowers and optional beverages and good food and great outfits and balloons!

Don't let them bury me in a hole in the ground where the bugs eat me! :unsure:

Oh and I don't care what happens to my stuff or my money, especially if I don't have kids. Let the family sort that out.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

husband is beneficiary of my life insurance and i have 2, my company pays 100% for one of them of $50,000 if i die, $150,000 if its accidental.

And i have a private one as well.

If me and Edi go together, my sister will get the kids and the money as she and the kids are second beneficiaries.

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i tried once to talk to perviz abou it he looked at me like was crazy.....he said ur too young to worry about things like that so when i came back to the usa i took out insurance and once we are married if something happens to me he will be well provided for and i have family that will help him thru it all.........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I have life insurance and he is the beneficiary. I have lots of friends and family that would walk him through it all.

:yes: same here

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I hate thinking about things like this...well doesnt everyone. Before my husband left for Palestine last year, he mentioned something about him dying. I dont remember what brought the conversation on, but I could not deal with it then. I said "no habibi I dont awnt you to die!" He said "everyone dies you know. it is not in our hands. Whenever Allah wants us he takes us."

Sadly, he's right:(

I have not been able to put him as a beneficiary on my 401k due to him not havng a ssn and him not being in the country. I will roll over my 401k to my current company though as soon as he gets a ssn so I can put him as the beneficiary. That's really the only asseet I have. But yes, I worry for him if something God forbid were to happen to me.

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If I die pls make sure I am cremated asap! Then spread my ashes in a rose garden. You don't have to tell anybody or get permission to do that just go do it. And don't any of you cry for me. Have a big party instead with lots of colors and pretty smelling flowers and optional beverages and good food and great outfits and balloons!

Don't let them bury me in a hole in the ground where the bugs eat me! :unsure:

Oh and I don't care what happens to my stuff or my money, especially if I don't have kids. Let the family sort that out.

Oh before I'm cremated make sure that the medical professionals are able to harvest what ever organs they can from my body. I don't want my body used for science being carved to pieces on some slab in a medical school, but I don't mind if someone needs my heart, or my liver, or my kidneys, ect to live on. On my DL I am a donor if anyone ever needs proof. After that let them sew me up and cremate me and everyone have a party because maybe some piece of me is living on in someone else allowing for them to have a better quality of life.

:)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0livia, can I have your liver and kidneys?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
0livia, can I have your liver and kidneys?

you can have mine next time nessa cooks that for dinner :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For those of us who have remarried.. make sure to update your life insurance policies. In our case my husband still had his ex wife listed as the beneficiary- that would be an awful situation should something happen. UGH.

For us, I would use the money to pay off our debt and *God forbid* take care of the funeral expenses, and then every dime thereafter would go to his children for their support.

If I pass.. my life insurance would pay for my debt and burial. We're both younger so it's just a matter of paying for the costs of the funeral - for him, to take care of his kids.. for me there is no need for crazy amounts of Life Insurance IMO.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
If I pass.. my life insurance would pay for my debt and burial. We're both younger so it's just a matter of paying for the costs of the funeral - for him, to take care of his kids.. for me there is no need for crazy amounts of Life Insurance IMO.

One needs to take into account the circumstances of the spouse left behind. Since I am not the primary breadwinner, the budget wouldn't be hugely impacted, so the insurance I have will cover my student loan or other debt, funeral expenses, etc. If my husband passes before me, his insurance needs to be much more to cover the loss of his income and cover expenses, taxes, etc for the first little while. The insurance he has through work is piddly, so we're looking to supplement it, but that's just us. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.