morocco4ever

What if you died?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

With this horrible news about Dawn it got me thinking. Not only does her husband have to face the reality of her death, but will he have not only the assistance, but the money to plan her funeral. Will he be able to survive not just emotionally but financially without her?

The majority of the USC's are the wives, and more than likely will be the bread winner for some time to come. Have you thought about your husband should you die? Will he have have a place to live (that he can afford on his own). Do you have life insurance? Does he know what steps he needs to follow to collect it? The list could go on and on.

Any other thoughts on this? I do not want to leave my husband in this kind of situation should I die before my time.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have life insurance and he is the beneficiary. I have lots of friends and family that would walk him through it all.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have life insurance and my husband is the beneficiary and he has the same with me as beneficiary. We've talked about something like this happening so that if it were to happen (God forbid) then each other would know what to do...we certainly wouldn't want to just leave things undiscussed and let the other one just deal with things blindly.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Once married, Hayz will be the beneficiary of my insurance policy so he will not have to worry about anything.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have spent the last 16 months thinking about this. I am not well, my SO is dying, and since I have hardly a family nor a close friend nearby, it is rough.He does not want to die here so when it is close to his time ( providing I am still around ) I know I have to let him go home. As for me, I know I will be going to a better place, and whatever happens to us is out of our control. What more can I say?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my kid is the beneficiary for my life insurance..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

(F)(F)

I have spent the last 16 months thinking about this. I am not well, my SO is dying, and since I have hardly a family nor a close friend nearby, it is rough.He does not want to die here so when it is close to his time ( providing I am still around ) I know I have to let him go home. As for me, I know I will be going to a better place, and whatever happens to us is out of our control. What more can I say?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

I have a home that is paid for and life insurance policies. I have 4 kids, so they will have their fair share as well.

I guess the reason I worry is that both of my parents passed away within the last 1 1/2 years. We have had a really hard time getting all of the CD's that were included in his trust because of some wierd glitch. I guess that my parents put all of us 4 kids as beneficiaries on all monies, but the trust divided it up differently because my parents changed their minds on how to split everything. They should have made the change at the bank, but didn't think about it. We have been fighting the bank now for over a year.

Whenever I try to discuss this with my husband he gets upset and doesn't want to think about it. I need him to know how to apply for the life insurances and how to plan the funeral. I don't know how to get through to him that we can't ignore this possibility.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is something we all are destin for so we might as well do some planning... i still have my mom but all her stuff has mostly been put in to include my name....people (kids) need to know where to find the right papers, what is going to be avail, what you wish to have done. Hopefully in your case as in mine one of the kids can help to walk spouses thru this as this is nothing they know about as things are handled very differently over there, usually all i hear when brought up is he hopes he goes before me (but) here again he wants to be returned to Morocco

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline
With this horrible news about Dawn it got me thinking. Not only does her husband have to face the reality of her death, but will he have not only the assistance, but the money to plan her funeral. Will he be able to survive not just emotionally but financially without her?

The majority of the USC's are the wives, and more than likely will be the bread winner for some time to come. Have you thought about your husband should you die? Will he have have a place to live (that he can afford on his own). Do you have life insurance? Does he know what steps he needs to follow to collect it? The list could go on and on.

Any other thoughts on this? I do not want to leave my husband in this kind of situation should I die before my time.

I'm thinking maybe you meant to post this in the MENA forum? (bolded) because I don't think that's the case on VJ as a whole.

My husband is the USC, but having had my first husband pass away when I was 26 and he was 31.... yeah, I've thought about it and we are fully prepared for the inevitable. Always best to take care of this before it happens because you are in no way capable of making rational decisions during the emotional upheaval of death and loss. :(

iagree.gif

We have been dealing with this just this week actually. With my hubby's retirement looming we had to make the decision whether to pay for me to get his pension if he dies or pay for life insurance....I found it quite uncomfortable to deal with, but it's done now and he has a peace of mind that I am taken care of.

83762402.kTkSujZu.memorial2.jpg

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835