MrsRowe

OKAY VERMONT FILERS, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING

124 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Of if a points system was applied to their education, ability to speak english, etc. and such points were tied to their admission?

I'd totally approve of it! Isn't that what smart civilized countries like Canada do in a sense??

Personally I am opposed to such a system for family immigration.

As regards to students, business visas and the like I have no problem with it. Insofar as families go, I consider it to be a hurdle which should not be set.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
And the goat comment was way out of line. In fact, it seemed racist.

Actually, if anything, it would be sexist, not racist. Is there really a race that fellates goats? For working at a "big company" and being in science, you aren't too bright, are you?

You might want to read back through the posts and see just who it was who insulted whom first, cuz it wasn't me....

You've been a b!tch to me, and you've been a b!tch to RebeccaJo. Consider any long wait you have to be karma biting your #######.

Surprise surprise, he comes with another load of insults. But thats okay because, he is a seasoned member!

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Actually, if anything, it would be sexist, not racist. Is there really a race that fellates goats? For working at a "big company" and being in science, you aren't too bright, are you?

You might want to read back through the posts and see just who it was who insulted whom first, cuz it wasn't me....

You've been a b!tch to me, and you've been a b!tch to RebeccaJo. Consider any long wait you have to be karma biting your #######.

Surprise surprise, he comes with another load of insults. But thats okay because, he is a seasoned member!

Gosh.

Most of what I see you post is so....negative? Why?

Timeline
Being called the c word in a family immigration forum might bring out the negativity - so unacceptable

I guess I am not the only one.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Timeline

Gosh.

should I be happy and applaud his awesome remarks? or should I be happy that you absolutely see no fault in his posts at this thread?

hmm.............

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Gosh.

should I be happy and applaud his awesome remarks? or should I be happy that you absolutely see no fault in his posts at this thread?

hmm.............

Show me where I said that.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I do not see how all this back and forth comment help anybody or address the issue with the petition process or why VSC simply sucks! All these "grown ups" in here and some act like kids, protecting what little pride they have. The only positive I see from all this bickering so far is that it has been a good avenue to vent and temporary digress the issue at hand.

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

I do not see how all this back and forth comment help anybody or address the issue with the petition process or why VSC simply sucks! All these "grown ups" in here and some act like kids, protecting what little pride they have. The only positive I see from all this bickering so far is that it has been a good avenue to vent and temporary digress the issue at hand.

VSC sucks.

In a few months it might not. Maybe in a month or two CSC and VSC both might suck. Or they both might be good for a while and then the other will start to suck.

That's the only point.

Processing times at the service centers are a pendulum that swings and changes. It has always been that way and I really don't see how it can ever change. I understand that uniformity would be nice and should be the goal. But you are talking (if you want to make it very simplistic) about two different buildings on opposite sides of the country.

I don't even see complete uniformity in McDonalds. You know what I mean?

Timeline

Gosh.

hmm.............

Show me where I said that.

You didnt.

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

VSC sucks.

In a few months it might not. Maybe in a month or two CSC and VSC both might suck. Or they both might be good for a while and then the other will start to suck.

That's the only point.

Processing times at the service centers are a pendulum that swings and changes. It has always been that way and I really don't see how it can ever change. I understand that uniformity would be nice and should be the goal. But you are talking (if you want to make it very simplistic) about two different buildings on opposite sides of the country.

Well, the problem is that there are a lot of people who are mad at VSC and they want to do something about it, or at least try. And what we get to hear is "be patient, be patient", but that seems to come from people who have gotten past our stage, and quick. Seriously, look at the timelines of those who keep telling us to be patient. 3 months tops for NOA2. That's all I want, a NOA2...because then we get some kind of certainty in our lives. We're 5 months in with a K3, and we have to wait another 2 months until the VSC 129Fs show February. That doesn't mean that 2 months from now we'll even get a NOA2, could be another month, etc. Yes, it's a lengthy process, I agree. But we are all stuck at the worst part of it, playing the NOA2 waiting game, with no end in sight.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

VSC sucks.

That's the only point.

No, McDonalds do not have complete uniformity but at least the variance in their processes are not as drastic as USCIS. I would hate to have to wait 45 days to 2 years (as in the case of processing time) for a Big Mac and fries!!!

Instead of operating like a pendulum from season to season, maybe it is time for USCIS to conduct some process re-engineering to minimize such large variances? This is why there is a thing call contingency in the event things do change to minimize the impact.

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey guys there is movement at VSC!!! Inky pinky got approved aswell as another from VSC!! See http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1942871

This could be it, I certainly hope so :luv: Comeon VSC.. keep them older petitions coming!!

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

VSC sucks.

That's the only point.

Well, the problem is that there are a lot of people who are mad at VSC and they want to do something about it, or at least try. And what we get to hear is "be patient, be patient", but that seems to come from people who have gotten past our stage, and quick. Seriously, look at the timelines of those who keep telling us to be patient. 3 months tops for NOA2. That's all I want, a NOA2...because then we get some kind of certainty in our lives. We're 5 months in with a K3, and we have to wait another 2 months until the VSC 129Fs show February. That doesn't mean that 2 months from now we'll even get a NOA2, could be another month, etc. Yes, it's a lengthy process, I agree. But we are all stuck at the worst part of it, playing the NOA2 waiting game, with no end in sight.

In all fairness, can you share with me how the fact that my timeline is shorter than yours makes my commentary on USCIS processing times unwelcome in a discussion? Throughout the thread I have asked pertinent questions and cited facts about why processing is like it is. Why do you have no questions of me about those things instead? Isn't focusing on my personal timeline rather like shooting the messenger?

I see absolutely no problem with a group of you trying to 'do something' about the problems you are experiencing. All I am trying to say is that the problems are not new; that the problems have not always been with Vermont; that things fluctuate within this process and over a long period you will see changes for the good as well as internal problems; and that even if you act on the problems you are unlikely to see a change with USCIS processes in a timeframe that benefits your case personally. If you wish to effect change which will benefit others going after you then by all means I urge you to forge ahead. But your issues with the Service are not new and they are not anything a congressman or news reporter have not heard before. And in all frankness they are certainly not the worst issues the Service has produced. There are many people in worse situations caught in a longer and more frustrating immigration 'mouse wheel' than any issues being suffered by writers in this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.