~Jackie~

Today we lost a MENA jewel

328 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OMG. So very sad to have heard this news. My heart is in a million pieces right now and the tears are flowing. I just went through my old PM's and there was DawnHatem all over the place. She was always there with a helping hand, words of comfort and encouragement or a little something to make you laugh. I can still see her smile radiant as ever! The world sure is a little darker today and the we have lost of one of the finest people I had the pleasure of knowing. She helped me more that I could ever thank her for. I remember her sending me a fax of the packet 3 a few years back...and let me tell ya it was a whole lot of pages. She went out of her way to help others and even those she only knew through the computer screen.

OMG, Dawn. Why did this have to happen to you. Why. Rest among the angels Dawn as you truly were one who walked among us. I will never ever forget you. I am glad that you and Hatem were together and for finding the love of your life. Inshallah he will recover soon.

RIP my friend. RIP.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have not had the pleasure of meeting or talking to Dawn but I just wanted to send out my condolences to her hubby and her family including her VJ family. My heart goes out to you all in the MENA forum in this your time of grief. :crying:(F)(L)

Claire

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I am stunned. I keep telling myself this cannot be.

Dawn. You are the sweetest, nicest, kindest, most caring lady anyone could ever hope to meet -- how can you be gone ??????

I will never forget what you did for me that day when Mahmoud first arrived in the U.S. You took the day off work to meet me at O'Hare, and we spent the afternoon and evening together -- sharing stories, looking at pics, laughing, eating Italian food, watching the clock until it was time to go back to the airport to meet his flight. You waited with me there for hours, keeping me company and helping me watch for him as the crowds came through from the gates. You laughed and said it was like your practice run for when Hatem would arrive. Your phone kept ringing as people from your work kept calling to ask when you were coming, but you said you wanted to stay and see that Mahmoud had arrived safely.

As the hours passed, and crowds of arriving passengers passed by, you kept pointing to all sorts of different guys, saying "I think I saw him -- is that him ?" And each time it wasn't him, and you tried to calm me as you watched me getting more and more frantic by the minute, panicked that he had somehow missed his flight, or who knows what.... until finally you said "I think I saw him over at the other door -- I'm sure it must be him." And I ran over to that door and sure enough you were right -- there was Mahmoud, walking through at last. He saw me and the flag and smiled, and we were hugging and you had my camera and your camera and you took the very first pics of us together in America right there in the airport. And you had this incredible look on your face -- of joy and awe, as if you felt everything I was feeling.

You brought joy and happiness wherever you went, Dawn, to every life you touched. You always reached out to help others and to be a true friend. You are beautiful inside and out, and your wonderful personality made everyone love you.

I can't believe you are not with us any more, Dawn -- you are too young to be gone, you had too much life, too much happiness yet to experience. I don't know how to begin to accept this news.

God keep you always, my friend, God keep you always.

(F) (F) (F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I only knew Dawn through her posts here, but she always impressed me as a caring and wonderful human being. My heart and prayers go out to Hatem, to the rest of her family, and to all of you who knew and loved her. May she rest in peace. (F)

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

So sorry to hear the news! A sad day indeed!

Ronan and Mercedes

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To her friends on here and her family, I extend my sympathies. I'm so sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

my sister dawn, is remembered by me as fun loving and sincere...i will miss her....

my best to her family.......... (F) .....................dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I struggled to write something last night, but failed miserably. I still cannot believe this has happened.

Dawn & I would spend hours together in VJ Chat while we were both waiting for our SO's. I am pretty certain those who wandered in on our chats left utterly confused and bewildered - we did tend to get a bit out of control.

After our SO's got here, we did drift apart due to real life getting in the way, but we would PM every so often, but we always regretted that we couldn't get together with any regularity to share a laugh. I am even sadder now. (F)(F)(F)(F)

My deepest sympathies (F)

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.