NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

Well, it has been a while since I came on here. This whole process has just been painful and after a while, it hurt too much to come here too.

Over the past 17 months, we have been going to court to hear how sick this guy was and how much he didn't want to die in jail and all the other stuff. It was all about him. Well, we were alerted two weeks before Christmas that he was considering changing his plea.

He stood before the judge today accepted responsibility for killing Dawn. He changed his plea to Guilty.

We will have another status hearing in February to set the Sentencing Hearing. At that point, the judge can give him anything from time served to 12 years. (He originally faced a maximum of 14; that was lowered to 12 as part of the plea)

At that moment I was relaxed. I thought we were finally getting to the end of this ordeal. I have broken down more today since walking out of the court room than I have over the past six months. I am not even sure how I got home from the courthouse.

I miss my sister.

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
He stood before the judge today accepted responsibility for killing Dawn. He changed his plea to Guilty.

good! it's about time he manned up!

we miss your sister too. :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I recently joined VJ and just read the first page of this post. I'm very sorry for your loss. And obviously sorry to everyone who misses her on here.

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."

Henri Nouwen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, it has been a while since I came on here. This whole process has just been painful and after a while, it hurt too much to come here too.

Over the past 17 months, we have been going to court to hear how sick this guy was and how much he didn't want to die in jail and all the other stuff. It was all about him. Well, we were alerted two weeks before Christmas that he was considering changing his plea.

We will have another status hearing in February to set the Sentencing Hearing. At that point, the judge can give him anything from time served to 12 years. (He originally faced a maximum of 14; that was lowered to 12 as part of the plea)

At that moment I was relaxed. I thought we were finally getting to the end of this ordeal. I have broken down more today since walking out of the court room than I have over the past six months. I am not even sure how I got home from the courthouse.

I miss my sister.

I've been on VJ for less than a year as well, but I just want to say...I'm very very sorry for your loss! :((F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Ryan,

We all miss your wonderful sister as well.

I still have her messages she sent to me from time to time while life for me was rough and it was uncertain what path I was taking next. You already know, but I want you to know that others knew....her heart was made of gold. Her messages even though a few words, radiated her bright outlook on life and showed how much she cared about others. Her thoughtfulness I will never forget.

Below is a snapshot of her signature...the line beginning Nov. 27 made me sad as I realized she didn't get to go and then as I read towards the end of the sentence I began to laugh. I wish she would have gotten her Jordanian Passport and got a chance to visit Cuba....JUST BECAUSE SHE COULD!

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Timeline

Lulu, it is a testament to her kind character that we all have such fond memories of her. I have alot of them. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her in some way, like when I pass an Ihop.That was our meeting place. We would eat a huge breakfast~then discuss our next diet. ^_^ Our cell phones would ring and we would ignore them, it was OUR time. And when I needed a hand off the floor, she came to my house and picked me up.

I miss you Dawn (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am also one who never met Dawn, but I sit here with tears in my eyes as I read of the love she inspired in so many. What a senseless loss, and I hope that each of you who shares special memories of her will keep them in your heart always. In that way, someone you love never truly dies........

RIP, Dawn.

(F)

Do you see how big the sea is?

Do you see how big the sea is? My love for you is as big as the sea.

Do you see how far the sky is? My love for you is as far as the sky.

As big as the sea and as far as the sky I love you,

I waited for you, I called upon you, I drew you on the promenades,

You sorrow of my life, you tears of the flowers, you season of the birds,

How vast the forest is, my heart is as vast as the forest.

You who are drawn on my door, and drawn in my heart,

I waited for you a year, and throughout the year I would ask the walnut trees,

and I would see you in the sunny days, coming from the sunny days, and lost in the almond leaves,

How small is a tear, and I am just a tear in your way,

I want to vow a candle so that you would let me love you.

Fayrouz's song

K-1 Visa

AOS,EAD,AP.

Greencard Received : 2010/10/02

Date AP Received : 2010-10-04

Date EAD Card Received : 2010-10-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.