~Jackie~

Today we lost a MENA jewel

328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ryan, Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and Hatem as well. Lets hope this justice system speeds this trail up and gives him what he deserves.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I offer my condolences with everyone else. I didn't really know Dawn, but it breaks my heart to know her story and see such a wonderful woman pass in such a tragic way. I hope her husband recovers though I am sure his emotional scars will last long after his physical.

(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

This guy that hit her deserves to be punished. I hope the judge will not be lenient on him and give him the chance to hurt anyone else. It is truly sad that he can't even feel remorse. It really stuns me!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Amal: I don't blame you for being angry. I too am angry. How can this judge sleep with himself at night??? :angry:

And POS can rot in hell for all I care. Noura is right, he will meet his Judgement one day. Doesn't want to die in jail. HMMMPFF :angry::angry:

Ryan: We do support you and hope that justice will be served. If you see a caravan of angry VJers driving through town, just turn away and don't look. :innocent:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Amal: I don't blame you for being angry. I too am angry. How can this judge sleep with himself at night??? :angry:

And POS can rot in hell for all I care. Noura is right, he will meet his Judgement one day. Doesn't want to die in jail. HMMMPFF :angry::angry:

Ryan: We do support you and hope that justice will be served. If you see a caravan of angry VJers driving through town, just turn away and don't look. :innocent:

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Ryan for stopping by here. We care.

I'm numb. I am wondering if he wants a speedy trial to get his worthless azz to a prison quicker where he can lay in a medical ward.

Pos should stay in general population at the county jail for awhile and meet Bubba. Heck, move him over to Cook County and out of the Dupage County Country Club jail.

Jackie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello Ryan, appreciate the update. I too still think of Dawn and Hatem and your family. I hope you are all are doing better. Stay strong! How is Hatem doing?

I echo jJ, let him meet Bubba and become his b!tch. I hope his pain gets worse and worse. What a scumbag.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Thank you for the updates, Ryan and Jackie. I am anxious as well to see justice in this case. I think of Dawn every day... she is very much missed.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Maggie: If I see the caravan ... I'll lead the way! I have NEVER felt hatred toward an individual, ever. Until now.

ALL:

It is very obvious that Dawn meant a lot to those she touched within this community. I can tell story after story and never fully explain how much she meant to me and to my entire family and how much hurt I/we have.

We were only 18 months apart in age. She was older. Until she left for college (the first time) we were together every day, literally. We had a connection that was uncanny. We shared similar thoughts. Many people experience DeJaVu, or what they believe DeJaVu is. We occassionally lived what the other dreamt days or weeks earlier. We could never understand it and most never belived us when we told them.

When I say we shared thoughts, We could finish each others sentences with full cognizance of what the original message was meant to be. Many times, we got the idea to call each other at the same time. I would dial her number and she would be picking up to call me and we would start talking even though the phone would never ring and she would do the same to me.

We have felt each others pain before and the day of the crash, I was talking with a co-worker when something came over me and I walked out of my building. (I work in a windowless building located in Downtown Chicago and almost never stop working for lunch, let alone ME time) I walked three blocks East towards the lake, turned South went two blocks. I had no idea what pulled me out. I stood motionless on a bridge over the Chicago River for a few minutes looking up, thinking it was a beautiful day. Finally, I went West then North back to my building. I was gone about 40 minutes. Within a few minutes of my return, I was thrust into a high profile conference call with a municipaility upset with the service our company was providing. The call lasted nearly 90 minutes. My second line rang continuously the last hour, but I do not have Caller ID on that line. As soon as I cleared the first call, I grabbed my second line to hear my wife's voice telling me about the accident.

I cannot say for sure, but I believe that Dawn pulled me out of my building and gave a temporary dose of serenity as she left our world. As far back as I can remember, I felt her presence -- Until that fateful afternoon.

Now, I feel an emptiness in my heart and a hatred in my gut.

I have much more, but cannot go on right now.

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

That was so touching Ryan. Thank you for sharing. It brought tears to my eyes yet again. I have left her number in my mobile, she's still on my friends list in myspace, yahoo ID still there, and still have her email. I just can't bare to let them go yet. I even changed phone numbers and email accounts and carried her info over to the new accounts. If it is this hard for me, I can't imagine how hard it has been for those of you who were closest to her. Every time I see her picture I get teary.

How's Hatem doing? Has he been recovering well? Let him know there are still prayers being said on a daily basis for him as well as all the family.

I don't like to say that I hate anybody for any reason but this feeling towards this POS is really hard to swallow. It makes my stomach hurt just to think about him.

I miss our girl (F):((F)

Amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Maggie: If I see the caravan ... I'll lead the way! I have NEVER felt hatred toward an individual, ever. Until now.

I have much more, but cannot go on right now.

Ryan the lead spot is reserved you then brother.

Thanks for sharing such personal details of your relationship. It helps us to know her even better. I too have her on my myspace. I cannot delete the last message she sent me. :crying: We continue to stand with you Ryan.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

There is not much I can say :(

I cry, I'm sad, I wish we could just meet up at IHOP for breakfast. It's still unreal to me.

The night of the accident I had to hear her voice, just one more time, and I called her cell phone to hear her message. That is the last I have of Dawn.

In 2005....Dawn knew that Alexis liked tea parties. One time when we met for coffee, she brought the cutest little tea set for me to give to her. Lexy loved it and had many good times with her stuffed animals. After Dawn died, I was talking to Jessica about the accident and Lexy went to her room, brought me one little saucer and one little cup and said, 'Grammy some of these broke, but you can have this one.' Today that cup and saucer sit in my china cabinet as a gentle reminder of my friend.

Ok, so I had more to say than I thought. Ryan, my prayers are you with you and your family. Please tell your mother that I think of her often.

Jackie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

...i just saw this now....i don't even know what to say..

may she rest in peace... (F)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Ryan, your words bring tears to my eyes. It is obvious you two were very close. My heart goes out to you and your family as you face such a tragic loss. (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
In 2005....Dawn knew that Alexis liked tea parties. One time when we met for coffee, she brought the cutest little tea set for me to give to her. Lexy loved it and had many good times with her stuffed animals. After Dawn died, I was talking to Jessica about the accident and Lexy went to her room, brought me one little saucer and one little cup and said, 'Grammy some of these broke, but you can have this one.' Today that cup and saucer sit in my china cabinet as a gentle reminder of my friend.

Jackie

Jackie, the thoughtfulness of Lexy brought tears to my eyes. :cry:

I never knew Dawn, but my heart aches for her husband, her family and friends. She seemed so special and I'm just sorry that I didn't know her. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.