~Jackie~

Today we lost a MENA jewel

328 posts in this topic

My good friend lives in DuPage County - she is so mad about this!!! I wish she'd get called to be on the jury! Drunk driving makes me so angry. I had a falling out back in January with a friend of 20 years when he thought he was ok to drive a few hours after a drink fest. He is no longer a friend, but seeing as he discounted everything I was saying about him being too impaired to drive, I don't consider the loss of his friendship as much of a loss.

To Ryan - thanks for taking the time to check in with us. (F)

SA4userbar.jpg

Ryan I want to first say sorry for your loss and thank you for joining us and keeping us updated.

I treasured Dawn and she was such a great help for me as she did the same visa I did. When I needed her she was there. I will be forever greatful.

I am also a former drunk driver, I have been alcohol and drug free for almost 11 years. I am now a drug and alcohol counselor. I am not proud of my past but I have made sure that I am no longer endangering the lives of others or myself. I pray that this man will be charged with the murder that he commited and pay for what he has done. I also pray that he gets the help that he needs while incarcerated so that he will recover from the disease that he has. I hurt a child in a accident that I caused while drunk, I was sentenced to 1 yr county jail time and I have vowed that the only way that I can live with myself is to not drink ever again and do the insane behaviors that I did while intoxicated and to help others with this disease that I had.

I pray that God's will be done and that the punishment will fit the crime.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

And the f***er had done the same thing in the past. The first time he got a DUI he should have thanked God that he didn't hurt anyone and then gotten himself straight instead of just keeping on doing the same thing. They should have taken his license and car away from him :angry: Driving is a privilege for people who are RESPONSIBLE not for sick f**s like this lunatic.

we finally agree!

:lol:

The day had to come! Up next, hell freezes over :D

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ryan I want to first say sorry for your loss and thank you for joining us and keeping us updated.

I treasured Dawn and she was such a great help for me as she did the same visa I did. When I needed her she was there. I will be forever greatful.

I am also a former drunk driver, I have been alcohol and drug free for almost 11 years. I am now a drug and alcohol counselor. I am not proud of my past but I have made sure that I am no longer endangering the lives of others or myself. I pray that this man will be charged with the murder that he commited and pay for what he has done. I also pray that he gets the help that he needs while incarcerated so that he will recover from the disease that he has. I hurt a child in a accident that I caused while drunk, I was sentenced to 1 yr county jail time and I have vowed that the only way that I can live with myself is to not drink ever again and do the insane behaviors that I did while intoxicated and to help others with this disease that I had.

I pray that God's will be done and that the punishment will fit the crime.

Thank you for you reconizing that you were a drunk driver and congrats on being sober for over 11 years. You were wise to and smart to learn from your bad experince. You learn and did something about it. maybe you should not be proud of your past but you should be proud that you stay sober and not drink in 11 yrs. I just dont think it is worth what can happen to you if you are cought. too much problems down the road, like not getting a decent job, what ever it may be.

Stay dry and conitnue to help others over come.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

yogi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

This whole story is so awful. I have no respect for people who choose to drive drunk. They endanger the lives of so many people. My heart still goes out to those who are hurting from the loss of Dawn. Obviously, she meant a lot to many people.

Here is another article that has the guy's picture:

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/wheaton/news...ter-fatal-crash

:ranting:

Edited by LovinLiberia

Filed: Timeline

I was finally able to visit the site of the crash yesterday. I went with my mom. I followed the marks on the road and down the hill to the point where my sister passed away. I tried to feel her spirt there, but could not. I only felt saddness for our families and anger for the person who so calously got behind the wheel of his car while obnoxiously drunk.

While I was there, a police officer arrived to ask why we were there. After introducing ourselves as the mother and oldest sibling, the officer mentioned that he was the first person on the scene of the crash and was the first to attend to my sister. He provided some details as given by witnesses. I never considered those who watched this occur right before thier eyes. My heart goes out to them. I hope they can be free of that image one day. He also said that he keeps a watch over this spot through his routine travels to make sure the media and scavengers do not go through it. In some way that comforted me.

One bit of information that has been left out of the media: this person tried to flee the scene of the accident. He was detained by winesses and held for the state police.

One of the local papers posted this guy's mug shot. He definately looks like he could be a jerk. I feel no compassion for him and wish him a lifetime so searing pain. This may change one day, but not this day.

Just waiting for the 28th and taking it day by day.

Good night.

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

I went there .....2 times. The first night and the second night. I felt I had to be there.

Ryan my heart goes out to you and your family, especially your sweet mother. I know she won't see this, so will you please tell her I think about her often? Thx.

Jackie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
(F)

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering. Is suffering really necessary? Yes and no. If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary." Eckhart Tolle

usmorocco-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I went there .....2 times. The first night and the second night. I felt I had to be there.

Ryan my heart goes out to you and your family, especially your sweet mother. I know she won't see this, so will you please tell her I think about her often? Thx.

Jackie

HI Jackie,

Yes it is sad. I am very sad that this happen to a very kind person. I my heart goes out to her family.

I think about this every once in awhile and it gets me upset. This is one death that should of have never happen.

I just wish that I could give her mother a big bear hug.

Just hope you and Ryan keep us all up to date. The 28th is day after my birthday and I hope this thread will start to jump with more info.

I am thankful for the people who held the Scum Bag Chop F##k Drunk until Police arrived.

Yogi

I was finally able to visit the site of the crash yesterday. I went with my mom. I followed the marks on the road and down the hill to the point where my sister passed away. I tried to feel her spirt there, but could not. I only felt saddness for our families and anger for the person who so calously got behind the wheel of his car while obnoxiously drunk.

While I was there, a police officer arrived to ask why we were there. After introducing ourselves as the mother and oldest sibling, the officer mentioned that he was the first person on the scene of the crash and was the first to attend to my sister. He provided some details as given by witnesses. I never considered those who watched this occur right before thier eyes. My heart goes out to them. I hope they can be free of that image one day. He also said that he keeps a watch over this spot through his routine travels to make sure the media and scavengers do not go through it. In some way that comforted me.

One bit of information that has been left out of the media: this person tried to flee the scene of the accident. He was detained by winesses and held for the state police.

One of the local papers posted this guy's mug shot. He definately looks like he could be a jerk. I feel no compassion for him and wish him a lifetime so searing pain. This may change one day, but not this day.

Just waiting for the 28th and taking it day by day.

Good night.

Wow, it sounds like that officer really watches that area and really cared about Dawn. I'm curious what he said about what he saw. If you ever feel like you can discuss that, I'm ready to hear it. I think about you all very often each day and still feel my heart breaking at the thought of our girl being gone. The 28th is taking its sweet time but that is ok for now coz each minute that guy has to wait is time for him to reflect on how horrible he is for what he's done. The mug shot made me angry. He doesn't even look upset. He looks more ..irritated that he's there than upset over whats happened and I didn't see any remorse in his eyeballs whatsoever... but maybe thats just me coz I have no sympathy for him at all.. :angry:

How's Hatem doing? Is he recovering ok? Did he have surgery? Hows mama and the rest of the family? I hope you are all taking quality time for urselves and grieving as you need to enshallah.

If you need someone to yell at... I'm a great listener.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I really like hearing that the witnesses kept the jerk there to face the consequences. A big way to go to them for sure.

:thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

How's Hatem doing? Is he recovering ok? Did he have surgery? Hows mama and the rest of the family? I hope you are all taking quality time for urselves and grieving as you need to enshallah.

(F) amal (F)

I PM'd Jackie to vent a bit last night....I wont share all here, but will say that we had to move Dawn's things over the past two days. She and H lived in an apartment and their landlord was a loser with no conscience who showed our family no compassion. It was the end of the month and he wanted everything out so he could re-rent the apartment.

We spent many hours with Hatem. He is doing better. Like us, he is still taking the loss hard. He will still need more surgeries, but not yet. The docs want the others to heal up a bit more. Physically, he is doing better though.

Mom is still a wreck. My sister and I have our bouts of anger and rely heavily on our children to keep us sane. My sister's daughter is so adorable and she clings to Shannon whenever she is sad or starts crying. My son keeps saying don't be sad, let's play Wii football. How can you stay sad when a 2 and 5 year old remind you that they need you?

They are the best medicine ever created!

Well, good night everyone.

Ryan

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.