~Jackie~

Today we lost a MENA jewel

328 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ryan, thank you for taking the time to visit us here..Dawn will never be forgotten. Her heart was big, Her smile even bigger. She touched many people, including myself, and I will forever be thankful.. My husband and Hatem are very best friends, we will do anything we can to help him in the next few weeks as he recovers from injuries and mourns the loss of his beloved.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Ryan,

Thank you for taking time to come in to VisaJourney and sharing with us. Your sister was a very treasured person here. I dearly miss her and can't imagine how you and the rest of the family are feeling. I still have no words to express how difficult this has been and truely hope that everyone that has been affected by her passing will soon be able to start the healing process. I would have given anything to have been there yesterday but it just wasn't feasable.

I would like to see any donations go to the M.A.D.D program there if possible. Anything to help save another life from being lost in this situation would be just what Dawn would have wanted.

Know that you are welcome to come here any time and share with us how everybody is doing. We welcome you with open arms as any friend or family member of Dawn will always be welcomed here.

Much love to you and the rest of the family,

(F) Amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Thank you Ryan for visiting our online community. It was my honor to join your families yesterday for dinner. (Uncle Frank is now HOOKED on Middle Eastern food!) :thumbs:

I hope in time your mother, Shannon and yourself find comfort and strength.

Jackie

I'm not so sure Frank will be hooked, but the meal last night did bring back good memories of my times in Bahrain and Dubai.

Unfortunaly, my wife is allergic to garlic and many other spices...the food was rough on her. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed it.

I have to say that though we had Dawn and Hatem to our home on numerous occassions and we at thiers, our families did not have the opportunity to interact with Hatem's brother and cousins. Over this past week, I saw their pain as ours and wished that we could have shared our time with Dawn together while she was still alive. I am sure she would have take great pleasure in that.

Together and with the help of friends, we will be able to move forward with our lives, keeping Dawn's memory in our hearts.

We have a new mission. Ensuring that the man responsible for this tragedy is brought to justice and also working to prevent other sensless deaths from occuring in other families.

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

Ryan if you need victim impact statements....I am sure we could round up a few here.

It was a wonderful blend of cultures and religions at dinner. Dawn would have been pleased. I worry so now about your mother. I can see now where Dawn got her sweetness and caring from.

Ryan as you find out news of the other drivers arrest, release or sentencing if you could email me or come on here and let us know. Feel free to start a new thread if you need anything here from us. We all care deeply.

Jackie (F)

Ryan, thank you for visiting and I'm glad that knowing how treasured Dawn was here in our online community brought some comfort to your family. She will never be forgotten by her virtual family.

Please do keep us posted on the court case, I am very interested in seeing this person spend the rest of his life in jail for what he did.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

hehe Ryan... soon you can join charles, mohammed, mohammed and lulu as our 5th "menagirl" guy!!! i'm so excited to have you come "play" with us here. What a better way to keep Dawn in everybodies lives than to have her brother with us!!! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and welcome to the mena dysfunctional family (no returns and quirks are included but not exchangeable) Feel free to ask questions, start topics, chime in when u feel the urge... etc. Just relax, kick back and get to know all of us. We don't bite (too hard)

(F) amal (F)

(I might even have to get out the hookah in celebration of our newest member) Maybe even a late night sandbox party to chat in real time BUT NOT TILL TOMORROW NITE COZ I'M GETTIN READY TO GO TO BED RIGHT NOW)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

I would not recommend the hookah. I did that in Turkey. The tobacco was an apple mix, i think. It tasted very good, but it was difficult talking the next morning.

I will continue to read logs that were made by sister and try to learn more of her interests here (and possibly find ways to continue helping Hatem as I know she would do if she were still here)

Heard today that the "bad man" (as my 5 yr old refers to him) was not able to make bail and is sitting in jail awaiting trial. No news yet on a court date. I will share what I can when I can.

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would not recommend the hookah. I did that in Turkey. The tobacco was an apple mix, i think. It tasted very good, but it was difficult talking the next morning.

I will continue to read logs that were made by sister and try to learn more of her interests here (and possibly find ways to continue helping Hatem as I know she would do if she were still here)

Heard today that the "bad man" (as my 5 yr old refers to him) was not able to make bail and is sitting in jail awaiting trial. No news yet on a court date. I will share what I can when I can.

Thank you very much, Ryan. Dawn is missed by so many here and I know we all share in the hope of convicting this guy and taking one more drunk driver off the road. I have searched and "googled" for news stories myself, but can't find much. It is most appreciated that you share that w/ us here.

In sorrow,

Noura

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Thanks for the update on "badman". I never wish ill-will against anybody but I think he needs to stay put for a little while and think about what his actions have caused to happen.

I have also done many-a-search to try to find out more and come up with nothing. :::grr::: (I wonder if it has anything to do with me being directionally challenged???)

I MISS MY GIRL

amal

Interview-December 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Brother Ryan,

You are my brother on VJ family. I dont post much in MENA but I truly enjoy the women who post here, Very nice and very together and a very good support for each other.

I just want to say I really did not know Dawn, or even spoke to her, but I was really upset and surpised of her traic ending and untimely departare.

My heart aches for your family, Your, Mother, Father, all silblings. Will you please give your mother a hug from this bear :D

as for this person that screwed up your family with hitting the booze so early in the morning. I am glad he is still in Jail, and can't make bail. That way he can't destroy other family. Also I hope he will serve prision time for long time.

He screwed up two familys now, his and yours. I dont know his history but maybe he messed up someones elses.

The way Dawn went is not fair.

Please just let us know or keep us posted on his trial.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Peace Brother Ryan

Yogi

$1 million bail for man charged in fatal DUI crash

THE BLOTTER

9:50 AM CDT, June 24, 2008

Bail was set Tuesday at $1 million for a Burbank man who DuPage County prosecutors say had a blood-alcohol level more than four times the legal limit in a fatal crash last week on the Stevenson Expressway.

The passenger in the van that Robert Pas is accused of hitting died.

Pas, 41, of Burbank, was charged Monday with aggravated driving under the influence resulting in the death of another, a charge formerly known as reckless homicide.

Assistant State's Atty. William Wu told Judge Brian Diamond that Pas was driving north on the Stevenson about 11:30 a.m. Monday near Madison Street in Burr Ridge when his speeding car struck the rear of a van, propelling it off the highway.

Dawn Voss-Alshwayit, a passenger in the van, was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. Hatem Alshwayit, the driver and her husband, was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, where he underwent surgery.

Wu said Pas was taken to La Grange Hospital, where his blood-alcohol level was measured one hour after the accident at .33, more than four times the legal limit of .08 in Illinois.

Wu also said an open bottle of vodka was found in Pas' car, and that witnesses told police his vehicle appeared to be swerving before the crash and having difficulty staying in its lane. Hospital personnel reported the defendant was incoherent, Wu added.

At the bond hearing, Pas declined to answer any of Diamond's questions.

Pas is scheduled to be arraigned July 28 before Judge George Bakalis.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...0,7840321.story

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i hope the ####### gets fried.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.