~Jackie~

Today we lost a MENA jewel

328 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sofyan just spoke to one of the guys...the wake is tomorrow in Darien, where Dawn was from. The funeral home is on 79th and Cass....visiting from 3-7pm...She will be buried saturday. Hatem is ok, he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow, his body is broken pretty bad.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Timeline

I just took a small bouquet of flowers to the crash site. :(

Thank you everybody for the generous gifts of money to help send flowers to the funeral home. We have $150 dollars now collected. Kell let me know which funeral home, then I can call a florist.

Jackie

Edited by just_Jackie

Timeline

edited....services are not scheduled yet, they are unsure they are trying to see if hatem will be able to attend...soo Maybe saturday, sunday or monday..i will let people know more info as i get it...The funeral home is called Modell funeral homes in darien illinois

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kelly, thank you so much for the update. I know this is a terrible time for all of you - Sofyan, you w/ the baby, the whole community that knew Dawn & Hatem in IL. Please do let him know that we are all praying for him, thinking of him, and how we can best help him. This will be a huge battle for him dealing w/ what will come after the surgeries. Coping w/ the loss of his wife, not being able to work for some time, recovering physically & mentally, will he stay?, will he go?, what to do about so many things - apartment, bills, day to day living.... the list just goes on. He has been on my mind so much and I worry for how he will manage on so many levels.

Thank you again for being a contact in this - so many people want to know what's up.

Take care of you & lil' Zaid too.

Noura

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Kelly,

You truely are a godsend to be keeping the VJ family updated in all of this. You are a wonderful friend.

Let her family know that there is a huge group of ppl here that are all so very sad about this and we are all praying for them. If there is anything we can do...I think we're all ready to help.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kelly, Have you been able to visit with Hatem? I hope they can get him together enough to attend the funeral. I can't imagine having to miss it. :crying: I feel so bad for him.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My condolences to all their family and friends.

I hope healing comes quickly.

RIP Dawn.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I've read this thread and I have to say wow.

I never met her or knew her really. But judging by this thread, all beautiful words are being spoken about a very beautiful person. May she rest in peace.

And may Allah make this time easy for everyone and help her husband heal during this time. ameen

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Timeline

That is so tragic and terribly sad. My heart goes out to her husband and family. I pray that her husband and family and friends fnd peace and comfort in God's love and each other. Will keep them all in my prayers. (F)

Lisa and Moh

Timeline

No we havent been to the hospital, Sofyan says now is not the right time, so im just kinda going with it, He has called Hatems brother, and hasnt had an answer, so he is goin to wait....he is getting stories from all the guys (u know how arabs work) which is why i had half the story for the funeral home, I figured it would just be better if i caleld myself and alas, I got the story straight... i will keep everyone updated.

Jackie, I work 12-8 again so if i hear anything while at work, i will text u and maybe u can post things, if anyone else wants direct updates, u can PM me your cell..ill send community texts as needed :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

No we havent been to the hospital, Sofyan says now is not the right time, so im just kinda going with it, He has called Hatems brother, and hasnt had an answer, so he is goin to wait....he is getting stories from all the guys (u know how arabs work) which is why i had half the story for the funeral home, I figured it would just be better if i caleld myself and alas, I got the story straight... i will keep everyone updated.

Jackie, I work 12-8 again so if i hear anything while at work, i will text u and maybe u can post things, if anyone else wants direct updates, u can PM me your cell..ill send community texts as needed :)

That would be wonderful. I would appreciate being in on the community texts.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

amal, sofyan is talking to noor now...

Hatem is being released today to go home. He is ok, they are waiting on surgery so he can attend wake and funeral...this is all i know for now...

i will text anyone who left me their number, if anyone else needs my number, message jackie, she can give it to you i dont mind....

tty all after 8 when i get off

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.