Today we lost a MENA jewel

328 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

She has been around here a long time.

Life is so uncertain at times.

I will be praying for her family. (F)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember her from when I first started my journey, although I didn't know her well. This news breaks my heart :cry:

Hatem and her family will be in my prayers (F)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
This is very very sad news :( My thoughts are with her family. And hugs to you, Jackie, it is obvious how much she means to you.

I second this response.

(F)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
(F)

I-130

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2007-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2008-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-05

US Entry : 2007-11-13

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

Port of Entry : Los Angeles

POE Date : 2007-11-13

Adjustment of Status:

CIS Office : Chula Vista CA

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Employment Authorization Document:

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

2008-07-03 EAD Card Production Ordered

Touched 7/4/08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:cry: I'm still just numb. Jackie, please update us on Hatem when you find out more info. Also, pls PM me that link you mentioned in the daily thread. I hope to join you tonight in remembering our dear Dawn.

N

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I am stunned. I keep telling myself this cannot be.

Dawn. You are the sweetest, nicest, kindest, most caring lady anyone could ever hope to meet -- how can you be gone ??????

I will never forget what you did for me that day when Mahmoud first arrived in the U.S. You took the day off work to meet me at O'Hare, and we spent the afternoon and evening together -- sharing stories, looking at pics, laughing, eating Italian food, watching the clock until it was time to go back to the airport to meet his flight. You waited with me there for hours, keeping me company and helping me watch for him as the crowds came through from the gates. You laughed and said it was like your practice run for when Hatem would arrive. Your phone kept ringing as people from your work kept calling to ask when you were coming, but you said you wanted to stay and see that Mahmoud had arrived safely.

As the hours passed, and crowds of arriving passengers passed by, you kept pointing to all sorts of different guys, saying "I think I saw him -- is that him ?" And each time it wasn't him, and you tried to calm me as you watched me getting more and more frantic by the minute, panicked that he had somehow missed his flight, or who knows what.... until finally you said "I think I saw him over at the other door -- I'm sure it must be him." And I ran over to that door and sure enough you were right -- there was Mahmoud, walking through at last. He saw me and the flag and smiled, and we were hugging and you had my camera and your camera and you took the very first pics of us together in America right there in the airport. And you had this incredible look on your face -- of joy and awe, as if you felt everything I was feeling.

You brought joy and happiness wherever you went, Dawn, to every life you touched. You always reached out to help others and to be a true friend. You are beautiful inside and out, and your wonderful personality made everyone love you.

I can't believe you are not with us any more, Dawn -- you are too young to be gone, you had too much life, too much happiness yet to experience. I don't know how to begin to accept this news.

God keep you always, my friend, God keep you always.

(F) (F) (F)

-MK

(F)

lulu, Dawn had just asked about you, oh about a month ago. She was suprised and happy you had found a new love. (she was happy for you and called me crazy!) Really, she cared alot about you.

Jackie

Wow. The more I hear about her the more I realize it was not only I who found her SO special. She was truly one of a kind. Really. How can this be? How?

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie, thank you so much for calling me this morning. I wish I had known sooner but then what for, she's gone and will be missed terribly. :crying::crying::crying: You can count me on the flowers and I await the link to send the money.

I pray that her family is comforted by God and all his angels at this time and that her husband be comforted too and that he knows in his heart he is not responsible for this tragic accident. I hope he recovers and knows that all of us here who love and loved Dawn love him too!

May God Bless Them All Eternity!

Andrea

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Our condolences to family and friends (F)

PJ & David

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Timeline
I am numb. I can't believe this. Dawn you will be sooooo greatly missed. :((F) Rest In Peace (F)

I remember some of her posts.. Oh my gosh I dont know if you guys remember what she said she wanted to yell at the top of the mountain in Jordan.. It was so funny. ( something very very very very very hilarious)

I am deeply saddened by this news. It shows the santicity and importance of life and telling people each and every day you love them, need them and that you care about them. I am so sad for her husband and for her family. She was a joyous and fun person and I enjoyed her on the boards. She died with the man she loved. My heart and all of our hearts go out to this wonderful and vibrant girl

Amazing vibrant love and an amazing vibrant compassionate girl...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear such bad news......Our prayers go out to her and Hatem....May Allah bless her and inshaAllah heal Hatem soon.

January 16, 2013 - I-129F Petition Sent USPS
January 22, 2013 - Petition Delivery Confirmed
January 25, 2013 - NOA1 Email and Text Confirmation
January 30, 2013 - "Touched" Alien Number Generated
January 31, 2013 - NOA1 Letter Received via "snail mail"
June 21, 2013 - Transferred from Vermont

July 6, 2013 - Actual Approval but error did not generate our NOA2

July 17, 2013 - Service Request via USCIS (6 months)

July 22, 2013 - Approval affirmed via USCIS.gov new NOA2 generated

August 2013 - NVC Case # Generated

August 28, 2013 - Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

September 2013 - Medical Complete

October 22, 2013 - Packet returned complete to Embassy via DHL

February 2014 - Interview letter received

March 24, 2014- Interview - EGYPT

April 4 & 7, 2014 - Case Touched Twice - Requested Expedite due to Beneficiary's Mothers Passing (4/1/14)

April 7, 2014 - Passport sent to Embassy via DHL

April 14, 2014 - VISA Received

April 18, 2014 - Flight to USA

July 11, 2014 - MARRIED!!!!

August ,2015 - AOS finally filed ;-)

August ,2015 - RFE

September 2015 - Returned RFE information

November ,2015 - EAD Approved

November ,2015 - EAD Received

December ,2015- AOS Approved

December ,2015- 2 year Green Card Received

November 13, 2016 my little brother passed away :-(

December ,2017 Lift conditions InshaAllah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I didnt know her and i can see how unlucky i am to miss knowing an amazing person like her!! :( my condolences to everyone who have known her....esp to her family n Hatem..... i ask my Creator to heal him so soon n give him faith to accept the loss of the one he loves!! :( ..

i needed this wake up call......

Edited by HisLittleMasriyah
lyrics.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.