Aquelunya

Interview CANCELLED!!!!!!???????????????

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

HORRIBLE!!!!

I think that these pple sometimes forget that they are dealing with REAL humans who have suffered so much and waited so long and spent so MUCH money. I just dont get it !!!

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
There has got to be something more than just their attempt to implement this new law.

But, if the beneficiary has completed all the police certificates and is ready for the interview -- why hold things up? What more is there to review? Either the petitioner is a citizen and is un-married, or not. That is all the review that needs to be done prior to the interview on the petitioner, correct? Then, at interview review the financials and the police certificates of the beneficiary and move on with the thing! Why is it more complicated than that?

What to review??? Many women from undeveloped countries have been victimized by US Citizen predators.. I think the potential immigrant has every right to know that the guy she is so madly in love with, and is going to marry, is in reality a registered sex offender, or a convicted child molester. Would you want your sister/daughter to walk into such a situation??

I know it sux, to be a victim of having to wait more because of a new law went into effect, and I think they will be able to clear backgrounds of USC's in a hurry, as the info is available, and the USCIS is not authorized to conduct further investigations. You should feel good that they are taking these extra precautions, and your sweetie will know that you havnt been convicted of beating your ex-wife every week.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

So ok i think im finally getting this:

ANYONE with an NOA1(ONE) AFTER march 6 2006 their interview will be canceled for further checks

ANYONE with an NOA1(ONE) BEFORE March 6 2006 will be ok and proceed with the interview WITHOUT cancellation.

If im wrong, please let me know.

Supposedly that's correct, but we've seen a few people online here who have had NOA1's BEFORE March 6 who have also had their interviews cancelled petitions recalled. Whether that's just bumbling on the part of the embassy workers, or if there's some other factor involved, we don't know. I would probably lean towards the former.

I posted this on another thread:

I just spoke with my congressman about this, it kinda worried me.

He stated that yes this was something everyone knew as of last year, even ppl not associated with the government, i do remember us having this same conversation back in January the ones of us who were on VJ back then.

Anywho, yes, any petitions received (NOT APPROVALS,only NOA1's)by a service center ON OR AFTER MARCH 6 will be sent back to the USCIS if there was already an approval and at the embassy. Those who are not approved yet will take longer in the security check process, and may even receive RFE's.

He also stated that some of the petitions are being canceled if the interview date is a few days away, those who have recent interviews, most are being denied, the petition sent back to USCIS, reprocessed with the extra checks, and sent directly back to the embassy for approval and visa issueing.

The cause of all of this??? an overload of K1 petitions and alot of fraud. just remember guys, one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch. Just because your engagment is legit, someone elses was not and ruined it for the all of you. My advice, relax, and wait. Getting upset about it will not resolve the issue any faster. I had to wait 6 months just for my approval, and i had to learn the advice i just gave to you.

I hope this helps a lil . And i am sorry for everyone who applied after March 6th, my heart and prayers go out to you in every way.

hugs,

Tara

Basically they are ONLY supossed to be denying and canceling petitions AFTER march 6 , if your NOA1 is BEFORE march 6, then you need to call and find out what is going on. I think even the embassies are totally lost in all of this as well.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

**big sign****

Love is stronger than law may be

Love is louder- than rumor be,

Love will reach that finish line,

Love will pass the wrath of time!

(L)

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.