Sprailenes

Ima quit my job.

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sooo...how'd it go? Hope things work out for you...I know it's hard to work where you don't feel safe.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I didn't quit but I sat down with the GM and talked to her and she said she was going to talk to my manager. But it doesn't matter whats been done has been done, and I feel that I am a really good asset to that place and they've lost me.

I have an interview at a country club tomorrow to be a receptionist. Its tuesday - friday...9-5. God I hope I get it.

I should never have chosen hotels as a career path, its basically giving up any sort of life you ever planned on having.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

omg I did it! I QUIT!!!!

I FEEL SO GREAT!

I have a job interview this afternoon too...lets hope I can slide out of one job and into another.

I mean hey, who doesn't want a Canadian working for them ;)

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
omg I did it! I QUIT!!!!

I FEEL SO GREAT!

I have a job interview this afternoon too...lets hope I can slide out of one job and into another.

I mean hey, who doesn't want a Canadian working for them ;)

Good luck with your job interview this PM and I'm so glad you quit your unsafe situation. :dance:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

:dance:

Good for you Sprailenes!!!! I hope your interview went well this afternoon. Positive vibes sent your way.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Yippee!!!

Well, well??

Wha' 'appened?

I wish you great luck Sprailenes.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

How did the interview go?

I-130

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2007-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2008-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-05

US Entry : 2007-11-13

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

Port of Entry : Los Angeles

POE Date : 2007-11-13

Adjustment of Status:

CIS Office : Chula Vista CA

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Employment Authorization Document:

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

2008-07-03 EAD Card Production Ordered

Touched 7/4/08

Timeline

It went well, I hope...I mean I don't mind interviews so they're always really comfortable for me, but who knows what the interviewer was thinking right?

It was so funny because I finally had enough yesterday when I told them I couldn't work nights and it wasn't in my contract and they said okay and then put me on for three nights next week. So I told them that they're better off finding someone who is willing to give up their lives and work all hours. Then I handed in my letter and asked if I should finish my day and they said yes. So I left the managers office and went to do some work and she came up to me and said: "Nevada I think you should leave...NOW" I was like: "Well okay then" and they walked me out to the parking lot. Which I found funny.

I mean it was almost like a control thing, I was willing to leave and they said no and then 5 minutes later she tells me to leave. :lol:

That place pretty much goes up on the top of the shelf as worst place I have ever worked at.

Donne moi une poptart!

It went well, I hope...I mean I don't mind interviews so they're always really comfortable for me, but who knows what the interviewer was thinking right?

It was so funny because I finally had enough yesterday when I told them I couldn't work nights and it wasn't in my contract and they said okay and then put me on for three nights next week. So I told them that they're better off finding someone who is willing to give up their lives and work all hours. Then I handed in my letter and asked if I should finish my day and they said yes. So I left the managers office and went to do some work and she came up to me and said: "Nevada I think you should leave...NOW" I was like: "Well okay then" and they walked me out to the parking lot. Which I found funny.

I mean it was almost like a control thing, I was willing to leave and they said no and then 5 minutes later she tells me to leave. :lol:

That place pretty much goes up on the top of the shelf as worst place I have ever worked at.

Wow, I am so sorry to read about your experience.

Yup, control...it is an illusion. Doesn't everyone know that yet?!

Don't let it get to you...you have to know that anything someone does is simply a reflection of themselves.

You did your best and only asked for what you had already had an agreement for.

F 'em.

Onwards and upwards Sprailenes.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Ah yes....that lovely illusion that many have....CONTROL. Sprailenes, I hope this one works out for you, if it's what you want. Sounds like you're way better off NOT being at the other job. Safety being the biggest issue but it also sounds like they're users.

My Joel is in a place like this...he works for the female version of Gordon Ramsay. I kid you not. Worked him all sorts of hours and nights...he asked (nicely too) if he could at least have days so he could be at home with his family at night, especially now that our daughter has been dxd with epilepsy. She ignored him...he wound up going to her boss. He was sympathetic since his wife has epilepsy too. So now he's on days...but never has a weekend off. She had been scheduling his hours that made it very good for us to carpool. He would take me to work and then off to his job. When she figured out what we were doing, she changed his hours. BIG SIGH. She does things like this because she CAN. I told Joel that once he has another job to go to I wanted to go all Towanda on her...but being the well brought up southern lady I am, I probably won't. :innocent:

It's been okay this summer since school is out and I'm home until August 6th. He is looking for other work but around here that's like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. Y'all keep your fingers (and toes) crossed that something will come his way. :)

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Wow you did what I have wanted to do for about 3 months but not had the balls to do without getting another job first! I'm overworked, under paid, and my office is one big #### show where the boss yells and screams and my "office manager" is really the boss in disguise. I've been wanting to leave For MONTHS but not had the balls and wonder when I will. I have been on other interviews but haven't got any of the jobs yet. I get NO vacation time and only 5 personal days a year. Our office only closes on December 25th andJan. 1st because it's construction and they just don't close the doors for that.

I want a government job since I worked for the government in Canada but finding it so hard here to get my foot in the door.

CONGRATS!

We should def. hang out. I swear we are soul mates. haha

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
I GOT THE JOB AT THE COUNTRY CLUB!

It took two interviews but she just called me to congratulate me!

I AM SO HAPPY!

Wooo Hooo!!!! Congrats to you...when do you start? :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.