NevadaJoe

CR1 Divorce in Future - Help Needed

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

pharmacist,

So where did you get the "good for 3 years" mis-information?

Please don't post junk like that.

Yodrak

* if u ever did a affidavit of support thing-- that thing is good for 3 years......

hope this helps...

The person completing this affidavit is the sponsor. A

sponsor's obligation continues until the sponsored immigrant

becomes a U.S. citizen, can be credited with 40 qualifying

quarters of work, departs the United States permanently, or

dies. Divorce does not terminate the obligation. By signing

this form, you, the sponsor, agree to support the intending

immigrant and any spouse and/or children immigrating with him

or her and to reimburse any government agency or private

entity that provides these sponsored immigrants with Federal,

State, or local means-tested public benefits.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She might get smart enough and find out she doesn't even have to wait 2 years to remove conditions, but she will need evidence of having a bona fide marriage with you. Be glad if none of that is available to her.

NJ,

meauxna told you she could remove conditions on her own if she proves your marriage to be bona fide, yet although she hinted at it, she forgot to tell you that the other way she could remove conditions was by falsely accusing you of domestic violence.

First consult an Immigration Law atty., then a Family Law atty.

And *you*! I really expected to see you in this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=13212&hl=

No comments? Sincerely, I think you could add a lot to that discussion!

Meauxna,

Thanks for the lead/referral. Never would've expected this from you. Although I always like to stay out of trouble, if you insist...

Stay tuned!

gawd damm.....I missed it .....its gone and gotten deleted lol

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I would try and see a marriage counselor before you rush off to the divorce lawyer. Also I would suggest moving out of your Mom's and get your wife a job or other hobby.

Also what type of visa were you going to apply for to sponsor her brother? As far as I have read only a parent can sponsor a child and/or a child can sponsor a parent--but siblings cannot sponsor siblings. I have never heard of such a visa--unless I am missing something. Of course could be a work visa or student visa.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

......jula the more I think about your answer the more light I see - you are right too - I have been doing things half assed I should turn all my credit cards over to her and my pin numbers too, accounts, safe deposit keys, oh and my car. It only took me 15 years to build a credit score of 780....lets see how fast we can flush it down the toilet.

Did I suggest anything like that?! If you read again, you may see that I merely tryed to point out that there could be differences in how one percives financial aspects (or any other) of "married life". And husband and wife should be able to talk about it without getting defensive.

Good luck

Edited by jula

I would try and see a marriage counselor before you rush off to the divorce lawyer. Also I would suggest moving out of your Mom's and get your wife a job or other hobby.

Also what type of visa were you going to apply for to sponsor her brother? As far as I have read only a parent can sponsor a child and/or a child can sponsor a parent--but siblings cannot sponsor siblings. I have never heard of such a visa--unless I am missing something. Of course could be a work visa or student visa.

Did I suggest anything like that?! If you read again, you may see that I merely tryed to point out that there could be differences in how one percives financial aspects (or any other) of "married life". And husband and wife should be able to talk about it without getting defensive.

Good luck

C'mon people, wake up and smell the coffee! You all know what's really happening here and what this marriage is all about. I mean, it's so obvious.

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Is it really that obvious?

We are getting just the USC's side of the story.

He barely knew this girl when he married her--and she has been here in the USA for just over a month--they have been married less than 6 months.

Its not so obvious that this is a case of marriage fraud--unless NevadaJ is also a co-conspirator. He doesn't seem to be stupid enough to fall for a trap like that.

I think its obvious that any newly married couple that hadn't had that much of a foundation before hand added with the stress of one spouse moving to a foreign land where she does not work, have friends or family, speak the language, is kept like a trophy wife under a roof that is not even hers, that she is more than a bit unhappy.

I know that some people are just impatient and can't stick it out in a marriage--and they want to throw in the towel at even the hint of a problem. But you must remember that a marriage is a partnership--and the point-of-view of the other party must be considered and compromises made.

Did he promise to sponsor her brother before she immigrated to the USA? Did he promise her a house of her own? I am sure she is very insecure right now--and so she wants to see all his financial statements and what not to be assured he can afford her and what he may have promised.

I just think its very premature to seek a divorce at this point. I would move out from under his mommy's roof and get his own place with his wife, and get her learning english, a job, etc. And seek family conseling first and then if that does not work out seek a divorce--but it is not obvious to me that his wife is using him for a green card etc.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Well here is my story - I am a USC, got married 3 months ago overseas. The wife came here a month ago and has a CR1 visa and has her 2 year GC. She has totally changed since she has arrived, far different from the gal I knew and fell in love with. Her constant nagging is driving me up the wall. She became extremley upset when I refused to start paperwork to sponser her younger brother to visit us (I have a feeling that he would overstay and never leave). I'm a regular working guy and really can't afford any more financial responsibility. I have done everything I can to make her happy - put in a satellite TV so she can watch her programs from back home, got a good long distance company so she can call home more often, we go out to nice places, this summer she will be starting English language classes, gave her a generous allowance so she can buy what she wants, I encourage her to find a job if she desires, I told her I would buy her a nice home next year (still saving), we currently live at my moms. She wants to know what my life savings is - how much and where? if I don't tell her then I don't trust her and it will never work. I continue to refuse to say. She has told me 2x already that if I wanted to divorce "her" that would be fine with her. Everyday I bang my head against the wall trying to figure out what i am doing wrong? and why I can't please her? My fear is that if I try to divorce her, she will lie and cry "abuse" and how do I get her out of my moms place?

Is there someone I can talk to? someone I can report this to?

Nevada Joe

First off what country did this woman hail from? Secondly how did she live when she was there? and Third What was her intentions for marrying you? That's a shame and it puts most of the honest homorable, hardworking women that is trying to come here to be with their true love in a bad light. Don't let that woman sat up and grab you by the 'you-know-what's' . Remember my friend consession is always the better part of valor. It seems as though that woman had a plan far before she donned the good ole USof A. Start keeping a journal of things. And whatever you do don't put your hands on her because she will use the abused spouse act to stay here. my thoughts to you is inform the attorney that she came here with plans of defrauding you (That's the way it seems to me and others on here) and that way she will be profiled so that the next person will not have to have the horror. In short send that Biotch back under the rock in which she crawled from

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

You should really consider cultural differences.

I am sure that she has some language problems. She has no friends in the States.

She wants to be secure. She needs job. She wants to have her own place to live where both of you can live as a family. It is not always easy to live with a mother in law (even if you are from the same country). You need time to adjust to each other and to the fact that you are married.

Give her a chance. Talk to her.

You can divorce at any time. Sure you can get a legal advise but do not rush.

There are always two sides of a medal.

good luck

I am sure that she has some language problems. She has no friends in the States.

She wants to be secure. She needs job. She wants to have her own place to live where both of you can live as a family. It is not always easy to live with a mother in law (even if you are from the same country). You need time to adjust to each other and to the fact that you are married.

good luck

Artegal - can you send me some of that stuff you are smokin cause today I can really use something to releive my pain and help me forget just a little......the liitle princess does speak broken English, has a SS card and I do encourage her to get a job (but does not want to - working in a restaurant is beneath her, she's here to take Corporate America by storm and make millions because that is how they do it on our American TV programs she watched back home), oh and no I don't keep my trophy looked in the closet all day either, she can come and go as she pleases - I prefer her to go out in the sunshine and fresh air anyway. Yesterday she asked me when was I getting her a Mercedes SUV? Okay let's move on.....you know I am usually very careful with my life, I guess I was just real lonely this time and fell for a nice smile and sweet laugh.....

good luck

Artegal - can you send me some of that stuff you are smokin cause today I can really use something to releive my pain and help me forget just a little......the liitle princess does speak broken English, has a SS card and I do encourage her to get a job (but does not want to - working in a restaurant is beneath her, she's here to take Corporate America by storm and make millions because that is how they do it on our American TV programs she watched back home), oh and no I don't keep my trophy looked in the closet all day either, she can come and go as she pleases - I prefer her to go out in the sunshine and fresh air anyway. Yesterday she asked me when was I getting her a Mercedes SUV? Okay let's move on.....you know I am usually very careful with my life, I guess I was just real lonely this time and fell for a nice smile and sweet laugh.....

NevadaJoe

I definitely agree with you my brother Artegal and Alenushka must be smoking the same sh^%t I say that you need to send that "Gold Digging, Stank ho back to where you found her

good luck

NevadaJoe

I definitely agree with you my brother Artegal and Alenushka must be smoking the same sh^%t I say that you need to send that "Gold Digging, Stank ho back to where you found her

Thanks, today I found a good immigration divorce attorney who handles fraud matters, I will go in for a free consultaion....I'm at peace if if I have to pay her support - that would only hurt once a month when I write the check and not everyday like it is now.....

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
She might get smart enough and find out she doesn't even have to wait 2 years to remove conditions, but she will need evidence of having a bona fide marriage with you. Be glad if none of that is available to her.

Naughty, naughty, changing my words around.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Is it really that obvious?

We are getting just the USC's side of the story.

He barely knew this girl when he married her. She has been here in the USA just over a month. They have been married for less than 6 months.

She's then also to blame for marrying him so quickly w/o really knowing each other.

Its not so obvious that this is a case of marriage fraud--unless NevadaJ is also a co-conspirator. He doesn't seem to be stupid enough to fall for a trap like that.

Which is why he's posting in the first place.

I think its obvious that any newly married couple that hadn't had that much of a foundation before hand added with the stress of one spouse moving to a foreign land where she does not work, have friends or family, speak the language, is kept like a trophy wife under a roof that is not even hers, that she is more than a bit unhappy.

In this case, none of this seems to apply.

I know that some people are just impatient and can't stick it out in a marriage--and they want to throw in the towel at even the hint of a problem. But you must remember that a marriage is a partnership--and the point-of-view of the other party must be considered and compromises made.

The one not wanting to compromise and with no problems for divorcing is his wife and not him.

Did he promise to sponsor her brother before she immigrated to the USA? Did he promise her a house of her own? I am sure she is very insecure right now--and so she wants to see all his financial statements and what not to be assured he can afford her and what he may have promised.

Did she marry him out of interest or did she marry him out of love?

I just think its very premature to seek a divorce at this point. I would move out from under his mommy's roof and get his own place with his wife, and get her learning english, a job, etc. And seek family conseling first and then if that does not work out seek a divorce--but it is not obvious to me that his wife is using him for a green card etc.

Did she not know all of this before marrying? Why would the OP go through all the hassle to get her here by using false pretenses? Shouldn't she have asked for all of his info. before marrying?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.