1,466 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
Just a quick note: We called today (1st level staff) and nothing new. Our case is still pending. People, I am fu*** scared.

Panterchen, I would try talking to someone on the second level! The first level staff are just reading from the same computer system that is not updating properly. When I called about mine, the first level staff kept on repeating "still pending", but when I reached a supervisor, he told me I had been approved 5 days before! In fact, when I told one worker that I wanted to talk to a supervisor, since I knew the computer was having problems, she told me "Oh, that's where I am getting my information, let me escalate your call." She was one of the rare nice ones! :star:

Good luck!! You will get your approval soon! :thumbs:

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Just a quick note: We called today (1st level staff) and nothing new. Our case is still pending. People, I am fu*** scared.

Panterchen, I would try talking to someone on the second level! The first level staff are just reading from the same computer system that is not updating properly. When I called about mine, the first level staff kept on repeating "still pending", but when I reached a supervisor, he told me I had been approved 5 days before! In fact, when I told one worker that I wanted to talk to a supervisor, since I knew the computer was having problems, she told me "Oh, that's where I am getting my information, let me escalate your call." She was one of the rare nice ones! :star:

Good luck!! You will get your approval soon! :thumbs:

Yeah, I know. But we heard stories where even 2nd level staff didn't have the correct info either. It's unfair to see all July filers getting their approvals while there are some more in June and May waiting. But as a fact we won't be able to change things even if we call them daily which always makes us even more frustrated as the staff most of the times is rude and unfriendly and just tells as the same bullsh** we all know about "cases are processed in order" Yeah sure, and I am Santa Claus. :devil:

Dan is gonna make an infopass appointment to find out whether we are in security checks that might cause delays. If not we will wait our 180 days and then try to get a hold on our congressman again. I am thinking about trying out the RFE trick too and we will for sure do after 180 days but I am kinda anxious it might cause us even more trouble since I have read that some people ended up in AR after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Well as it turns out, our visa did in fact go to NVC, so as I thought, the woman at the VSC call centre was talking complete BS about it going direct to Prague!! In fact, even though they have mailed us an NOA2, they have no idea they did it.

Can anyone help with a question about the affidavit of support? I returned to Prague from the USA in August and have stayed here since. Kyle was out with me for my brother's wedding in August, and brought the I-134 and all corresponding documentation with him. Will it still be valid for an interview in December or will we have to redo it?

I finally have police cerificates not only from my home country of South Africa, but also from England, Germany and Czech Republic - having lived in each for more than a year. It took 5 mins from CR, 2 weeks from Germany, 6 weeks from SA and 7 weeks from England! Interesting...

I'm so excited, its nearly time to return. Hopefully I will get an interview in Prague really quickly as CR just had their tourist visas to USA waivered and the embassy shouldn't be so busy now. My xmas wish - to be back there with Kyle!

Well as it turns out, our visa did in fact go to NVC, so as I thought, the woman at the VSC call centre was talking complete BS about it going direct to Prague!! In fact, even though they have mailed us an NOA2, they have no idea they did it.

Can anyone help with a question about the affidavit of support? I returned to Prague from the USA in August and have stayed here since. Kyle was out with me for my brother's wedding in August, and brought the I-134 and all corresponding documentation with him. Will it still be valid for an interview in December or will we have to redo it?

I finally have police cerificates not only from my home country of South Africa, but also from England, Germany and Czech Republic - having lived in each for more than a year. It took 5 mins from CR, 2 weeks from Germany, 6 weeks from SA and 7 weeks from England! Interesting...

I'm so excited, its nearly time to return. Hopefully I will get an interview in Prague really quickly as CR just had their tourist visas to USA waivered and the embassy shouldn't be so busy now. My xmas wish - to be back there with Kyle!

It just amazes me how disorganized VSC seems to be at the moment...My x-mas wish: to get approved by then! ;-)

I hope you hear something this week, I can only imagine how awful you must feel when we all got ours and you are still waiting

Good luck

I just got my packet 3 today wish you had got your NOA2

fingers crossed

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Does anybody know the numbers for the RFE trick? We want to try but can't find the right combination to get through to an officer. USCIS changed their menu options some months ago.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I hope you hear something this week, I can only imagine how awful you must feel when we all got ours and you are still waiting

Good luck

fingers crossed

Wow!!!!!! you are getting very close to the end of your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooo happy for you!!!!!!.....congratulations!!!

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Good luck

fingers crossed

Wow!!!!!! you are getting very close to the end of your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooo happy for you!!!!!!.....congratulations!!!

Thanks hon

Wont send it back till January as off to Texas for Christmas yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hope you are enjoying married life

Hello everybody.

I was wondering if anybody of the June filers already had their interviews or know their date for the interview yet? I know Vicky had hers and she's already with her hubby (or maybe now husband?) in the States now. I received my letter last week and I'm trying to prepare the evidence of ongoing relationship now. Anyboby any ideas on how to organize that?

@ panterchen: I'm sorry to hear that you STILL don't have your approval. Have you thought about involving your congressman? Soll ja manchmal Wunder wirken... BIG HUGS!

K1 at VSC 06/13/08 - 12/18/08 - DONE!

AOS at MSC/CSC 04/07/09 - 07/08/09 - DONE!

bfhrm4.png

ROC at VSC

03/25/2011 Mailed ROC to VSC via USPS

03/28/2011 ROC was delivered to VSC

04/04/2011 Received NOA dated 03/29/2011

04/25/2011 Received biometric appointment letter

05/05/2011 Early biometrics done in Alexandria, VA

[05/20/2011 Biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA]

10/18/2011 Received email saying "Card production ordered"

Chibby, haben wir schon gemacht!

Didn't work. USCIS just repsonded that we are within timeframe of 6 months and gave that as a letter to us. Ok, so we will come back with our congressman on day 180! :P

Daniel is having an infopass appointment next monday. Not sure if that helps, but we hope to get some more info (if we are stuck somewhere or already assigned for example).

I mean I don't need to be worried for our wedding as long as we have it until 200 days of waiting (which I think was a reasonable timeframe for USCIS to work on our petition).

But I'd rather not wait but get active until then. Yeah maybe we have NOA 2 at day 170 or 195; but what if not?! (Am I not really German?!...hahahaha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just a quick update: I was able to call the Nairobi Embassy just now and make our interview appointment for January 12th! The reason for this date is that I will be there with him, so we can travel to Nairobi together :) The lady at the Embassy was SO NICE, and let me pick out the date to have the interview. All I did was tell them that all our documents were ready and we already had a medical exam appointment (kinda fibbed on that one since the doctor wouldn't let us make an appt that far in advance--I have to call back the middle of Dec. It's not a lie if you know it will happen in the future right? :whistle:)

I discovered that it really pays to be proactive! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Leaving December 18th!!! SO EXCITED!!!! :thumbs:

Good luck everyone with your journey and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! (to the USC's)

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Chibby, haben wir schon gemacht!

Didn't work. USCIS just repsonded that we are within timeframe of 6 months and gave that as a letter to us. Ok, so we will come back with our congressman on day 180! :P

Daniel is having an infopass appointment next monday. Not sure if that helps, but we hope to get some more info (if we are stuck somewhere or already assigned for example).

I mean I don't need to be worried for our wedding as long as we have it until 200 days of waiting (which I think was a reasonable timeframe for USCIS to work on our petition).

But I'd rather not wait but get active until then. Yeah maybe we have NOA 2 at day 170 or 195; but what if not?! (Am I not really German?!...hahahaha)

Check your inbox, I wrote you back. :star:

Just a quick update: I was able to call the Nairobi Embassy just now and make our interview appointment for January 12th! The reason for this date is that I will be there with him, so we can travel to Nairobi together :) The lady at the Embassy was SO NICE, and let me pick out the date to have the interview. All I did was tell them that all our documents were ready and we already had a medical exam appointment (kinda fibbed on that one since the doctor wouldn't let us make an appt that far in advance--I have to call back the middle of Dec. It's not a lie if you know it will happen in the future right? :whistle:)

I discovered that it really pays to be proactive! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Leaving December 18th!!! SO EXCITED!!!! :thumbs:

Good luck everyone with your journey and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! (to the USC's)

Congratulations Madwoman. So you will stay with him until the Interview? I hope everything will be alright and you can fly home together :)

Happy Thanksgiving :star:

K1 at VSC 06/13/08 - 12/18/08 - DONE!

AOS at MSC/CSC 04/07/09 - 07/08/09 - DONE!

bfhrm4.png

ROC at VSC

03/25/2011 Mailed ROC to VSC via USPS

03/28/2011 ROC was delivered to VSC

04/04/2011 Received NOA dated 03/29/2011

04/25/2011 Received biometric appointment letter

05/05/2011 Early biometrics done in Alexandria, VA

[05/20/2011 Biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA]

10/18/2011 Received email saying "Card production ordered"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we are now looking forward to Dec 19 for Radz interview, she has plane tickets for flight to manila and all planned out on going to medical. We just have to make hotel reservations for those dates thinking of making reservcations at the Bayview across from the embassy

I hope everyone is doing fine here and that everyone has the NOA2's by the end of the month. Good Luck everyone

Oh almost forgot. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! there are no turkey icons on here lolz

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Noi and I are still waiting to hear about her interview date, but I am thinking now of trying to call the embassy and have them schedule it for Jan. Obviously, because of the American holidays (celebrated by embassy staff, no doubt), I will be unable to do that before Monday.

If they've already given us an interview date, does anyone think it will be difficult to get it pushed forward a few weeks (so I have time to get there)? If so, is changing the date likely to prejudice our application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.