sunnybear

Anyone else get stuck in security checks?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well good news and bad news...I got message from CRIS....so good news is our case is being worked on..BAD news is they are saying we are held up in security checks Ok neither of us have any record of any kind! The only thing we could think would be holding us up is the fact I was married to a military guy so I lived in Michigan,Utah, Okinawa Japan, and England over the past 10 years. That and the fact Gareth got turned away at customs in December (because they thought he was going to try and come and stay on a 6 month visa instead of going back at the end of it).

Soooo what do you all think? We are pretty dang down about all this as it says it could be another 180 days and also Gareth read an attachment (I cannot read it until I get home from work) saying something how people can be stuck for years in this!!!! UMMMMM #######?!?!?!?

Anyone have positive words of wisdom for me? PLEASE

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well good news and bad news...I got message from CRIS....so good news is our case is being worked on..BAD news is they are saying we are held up in security checks Ok neither of us have any record of any kind! The only thing we could think would be holding us up is the fact I was married to a military guy so I lived in Michigan,Utah, Okinawa Japan, and England over the past 10 years. That and the fact Gareth got turned away at customs in December (because they thought he was going to try and come and stay on a 6 month visa instead of going back at the end of it).

Soooo what do you all think? We are pretty dang down about all this as it says it could be another 180 days and also Gareth read an attachment (I cannot read it until I get home from work) saying something how people can be stuck for years in this!!!! UMMMMM #######?!?!?!?

Anyone have positive words of wisdom for me? PLEASE

mmmm nobody knows how long u will be stuck there it is all up to them...........im sorry

Timeline

I was afraid of that Sara....we may be having the same fate as you guys :(

Have you heard anything recently?

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Oh Steph that sucks!

I think you should write to your local representatives and see if they can request more details on your behalf. I think its important that at every opportunity we make people in power aware of how stupid this system can be sometimes. Even if they can't do anything to help your case right now you are at least putting it on their radar. That way if you do have to wait then when you write to them again in a few months they will have a better idea of your timeline. Try not to get too emotional and show that whilst you understand the purpose of the checks (to keep Americans safe blah blah blah) you feel that the USCIS have inappropriately used their power to carry them out in your case and would at least like and explanation as to why they have chosen to delay your approval. Eventually they will get your case out of USCIS just to stop you bugging them every week.

It might be worth Gareth getting a copy of his UK police cert and maybe even get a credit check done too. Its unlikely but there have been cases (I'm not sure if I read on here or on another site) where peoples applications have been delayed because of issues with their national records that they were totally unaware of. I also have a friend who applied for a police report a few years back only to find a list of convictions that had been attached to the wrong persons record! Either his national insurance number had been doubled up or his name was the same as the other guys I can't remember now but it was a nightmare to get sorted. HE had to prove to the police that THEY had gotten it wrong and even then they took an age to get it changed. The UK government are awful at managing our personal details and are continuously making mistakes and failing to rectify them.

Sara I have been tracking all your activity, looks as though your file is still pretty active. Have your state representatives been in touch recently? As we can see that its on someones desk it might be good to have them call up and give your application one final shove across the finish line?!?!

Steph I'm sure this is something very simple - they need to check on USC's that have previously lived abroad for x amount of time or maybe because you have been linked to the military and your ex husband's name is connected to some sensitive data? I wouldn't have thought that it has anything to do with Gareth's recent POE denial lots of people get refused entry on the VWP and it doesn't effect their application.

I hope that it doesn't keep you waiting too long, be sure to keep us updated and we'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

It always sucks to be stranded in anther visa process bump. :( I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I just want to give you a hugs3.gifof comfort.

I empathize with you and I hope and pray that everything will be sorted out soonest. (F) I really do want to see you get your approval soon.

Stay strong.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Bex and Dbears thank you both for your kind words.....I am just going to be praying my little heart out as nothing else I can really do...how do I contact my state rep anyway? Is it on here anywhere guess I am off to search it out....thanks....

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well I do not know about security check because they might forget your case somewhere since you call them and that is easy way to hold anybody because they are not going to say sorry we forgot your case and just started on it so they might just say security check things and there is nobody can do anything for that but this is just my opion I might be wrong or not..we have been going through same thing we called them late april and finally we got a few touches and last time when we call them may 2nd they pulled out our case and sent for security check afther 5 months that is the time we should have got our NOA2 but it is like we just sent our aplications and they just started working on it so we called our senator and he got a letter says that case is in security check and do not take very long as soon as they get it it will be process so we do not know what to do just wait and it will come soon or later and we are going to be winner at the end ..

goodluck anyone who gets stuck there at CSC

Edited by serdar

Timeline

Thank you Serdar I kinda wondered if it was not a generic answer to them just being lazy! "Oh yeah ummmm you are stuck in security checks"

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was afraid of that Sara....we may be having the same fate as you guys :(

Have you heard anything recently?

Truthfully i dont think your case will take as long as ours has :) we have heard nothing but we were not really expecting to but he comes from a third world country and is muslim so i assume that has a lot to do with our delay but u guys dont have those added extras to deal with.........so really im optimistic that you guy will be out of security pretty fast just keep smiling and doing things that keep ur mind off of it........i have been praying for u guys and i will keep u in my prayers dont worry u will pass thru this pretty fast

sara

Timeline

Awww Sara thank you for your kind words and optimism! I am praying and thinking about you and your man as well! Life is so cruel and unfair sometimes isn't it? Hope you are together soon! Have you visited one another at all since you applied? We haven't and won't since we just cannot afford the risk of him coming and then not getting in again or vice versa...

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

yes life is not really fair sometimes but what can you do ?this is one of the thing we have in our life and it is so sad but real ..when you see many of them applied some day with you and they already getting ready to fly and we are still waiting this is very sad and not fair at all for us ..anyways sometimes I think that this will never go over but same time trying to be positive bc I know at the end this is going to be over just do not know when and it is killing us ..

I can't imagine what you're going through...I'm just praying for everything to turn out alright and quickly for you both!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.